News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

These look awesome - honestly from start of sun moon the pack arts and design just gets better and better!

The more I see on this set, the more excited I'm getting. Between Garchomp being decent, Empoleon being decent and that one Infernape that I want to build an Expanded deck around, I'm getting pumped.

Now that I look at the Empoleon again it is really pointless playing it with the break because it's breaks attack is quite useless and the break would only boot its health by 10.

Anyone else totally hyped in hopes that a Cynthia or two are in the Garchomp deck? It would keep the price of normal Cynthia low!! OwO

Potion – Trainer
Item

Heal 30 damage from 1 of your Pokemon, then punch your opponent.

You may play up to 59 Item cards during your turn (before you attack them).

Puzzle of time?

Anyone else totally hyped in hopes that a Cynthia or two are in the Garchomp deck? It would keep the price of normal Cynthia low!! OwO

Look at Type: Null. It's in a theme deck and it's still around $7. Cynthia won't be going down anytime soon.

With that said, both theme decks look like they have a ton of potential! Empoleon looks like it'll be a force to be reckoned with, especially in Expanded with Sky Field and tons of other Water support! Garchomp, along with the new Lucario and Cynthia, looks amazing as well. I love that they focused on making competitive non-GX Pokémon this set. Even some of the GXs are amazing. Dusk Mane Necrozma, Glaceon, and Leafeon will all definitely see play. The Prism cards are, for the most part, awesome as well. I'm hyped!

I understand the thought process, but the main difference here... is that she has a lower rarity version available.
Since that's the case, it's more realistic to speculate based off her supporter counterparts; N, Sycamore, and Guzma.

Which route will she take though?
Personally, I feel she will be a Sycamore, which is the reasoning behind my original estimate.

Though, she could very well be a Guzma, stabilizing around $35-$60 while she's in the format...

Or even an N, who's standard market price is still $89.44 (Noble Victories FA).

I think the artwork matters a lot here, which is another reason I'm confident with my estimate.
I don't really like Cynthia's FA; I felt the same towards Sycamore.
my thought is that she's gonna be a sycamore, unless sycamore and N rotate out, in which case she'll be mandatory in decks (we might even have to use wicke!), in this case she'll become a guzma.

my thought is that she's gonna be a sycamore, unless sycamore and N rotate out, in which case she'll be mandatory in decks (we might even have to use wicke!), in this case she'll become a guzma.

I think full art Cynthia is currently around $100 in Japan. The set just came out so prices are inflated, but I think she'll take the route of N. Her full art will probably average around $50 or so, which is where Guzma is at now. It could even be more than Guzma. Then once rotation happens and we don't have N her price will go up. It's just going to be such a huge card for the Meta, I'm hoping I can pull a couple when a get a couple boxes of the set.

Cynthia's Garchomp confirmed lactose intolerant.

Ironic because of how much Cynthia loves ice cream in the anime. :D

Back