News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Ok stop comparing Land Shay to Alolan Vulpix, his attack is free, shay's isn't., Ik its one energy for shay's but still, it's not Vulpix. They're both pretty bad, especially grass Shay because I can't remember the last time Call For Family was ever used competitively, I mean maybe in format with no Bridgette it might be a tiny bit better but not much.

I give both of these cards a collective 2.5/5

I'm a fan of the first Shaymin. Allow me to tell you that back in the 2004 format, Sandstorm Dunsparce was what you wanted to lead with so badly, and this card's not too much of an exception. The only difference was that in the current format, you couldn't attack on the very first turn of the game and you are limited to different types on this Shaymin. I hardly care about the ladder condition because you're searching for support pokemon that might be a different type from your main attacker (BKT Octillery is a good example, as he won't probably be the same type as your Beldum or Cosmog or Ralts for that matter. Infact, as for Ralts, you still have the Psychic one from BKT, so you can search for 2 Ralts that way!) It's gotta be good somewhere, most likely once Brigette rotates or when certain decks don't use Supporters to set up their bench.

However, there's a huge difference between 3 pokemon and 2 pokemon, and if we were using Call for family on previous pokemon to set up our bench, then the same would apply for the Sky Form, bu we don't, so I don't think Sky Form will see any play.

Last edited:
Why do people like Sinnoh so much? It had the most memorable Pokemon, but I find the rest of everything super forgettable except for Cynthia.

Nah, even most of the Pokémon were forgettable IMO. Does anyone remember Mothim at all? Or Lumineon? Pretty much the only redeeming factors in DPPt were the Pokémon League, Distortion World, and the games' overall difficulty.

Shaymin could be cute in a rainbow road variant, but its grass typing is redundant with galvantula STS.

Nah, even most of the Pokémon were forgettable IMO. Does anyone remember Mothim at all? Or Lumineon? Pretty much the only redeeming factors in DPPt were the Pokémon League, Distortion World, and the games' overall difficulty.
Oh I totally forgot about Mothim. Lumineon is just so forgettable, that it's memorable. I will agree that the games were hard. The only member of the elite four I remember is the one who looks like Ronald McDonald, because he had a REALLY weird team.

For the regular Shaymin, it could see alot of use in budget decks that don't run Lele, it could be good in like Gardevoir decks, as you can get 1 Remoraid, 1 Fairy Ralts, and 1 Psychic Ralts. Or an Alolan Vulpix. Got lots of potential.

That Shaymin land form card is so cute! Reminds me of my dog laying down on his back cause he wants belly rubs.

well you obviously remember them. you cant give to examples of pokemon you remember saying they are forgettable. even if you want to look at some of the gimmicky or low power pokemon of gen 4 there were many many more amazing ones mostly because the evolution's of previously incomplete lines of Pokemon or the new branches of previous lines. Staraptor, Lucario, All the starters, Garchomp, the creation trio and other legends were all really cool imo and have unique designs(fact not opinion). and when you get to the new evolution's the list goes on and on. Team Galactic Great, Pacing of gyms Great, Post game of Platinum Great, and route and city design great. also the introduction of split typing so that fire punch and other physical type moves were no longer special had a huge impact on gameplay as well is the introduction of items like life orb and choice Specs/scarf.

TL;DR Sinnoh and Gen 4 was a great step forward for pokemon and this set is doing great with paying homage to that fact

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
FINALLY A GOOD PLAYABLE LAND FORME SHAYMIN!

The reason why Emolga CFF was good was because Emolga had no retreat cost, so you could keep the energy on the squirrel for later CFF plays.

Skymin won't be played in anything notable just because of it.
Or because we still have Bridgette.

I disagree heavily with Land Shay not being useful. There are plenty of times where you want 3 different types of pokes on the field. GoliGarb/GolisZoro Decidueye/Zoro Drampa Garb. Tapu Bulu/Tapu Koko (although I understand about Aero Trail) variant decks. There are rogue battle Lele Decks that don't necessarily use their Wonder Tag ability. Where I can see it not working is most Expanded decks besides rainbow road or denial decks that use Jolteon and Glaceon. I really like it as a card, and think its got a place in the new tcg meta for sure.

Back