News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
This is actually a pretty creative mechanic, has anything like this ever existed in the game (besides 'Round' attacks)?

Night March does more damage depending on the number of Pokemon in your discard pile with the move Night March.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
So they made us blow a bunch of money on Pikachu products to get the 70 HP one, just to tell us to use the Full arts instead? Actually, this card really won't see play in Raichu anyway, I hope. It looks like it'd run better than some of the other Energy techs I came up with, since it's something you use to get a bunch of Energy out on the first couple turns, and with Brigette, getting possibly 3 Energy (speaking realistically) on the first turn and 4 if you include the squirrel, that's pretty crazy. With Raikou existing, not sure about it, but I see potential.

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
So they made us blow a bunch of money on Pikachu products to get the 70 HP one, just to tell us to use the Full arts instead? Actually, this card really won't see play in Raichu anyway, I hope. It looks like it'd run better than some of the other Energy techs I came up with, since it's something you use to get a bunch of Energy out on the first couple turns, and with Brigette, getting possibly 3 Energy (speaking realistically) on the first turn and 4 if you include the squirrel, that's pretty crazy. With Raikou existing, not sure about it, but I see potential.

Raikou takes a lot more to KO, so with fast starting decks like we do right now, I think Raikou will more consistently be able to go off. Pachirisu will definitely be valuable vs matchups where they take longer to get going / build more damage or evolve up. So, I agree with most of what you say, it will just depend on where the metagame goes, if aggressive cards like Volcanion or Drampa are running around, it will definitely make Raikou the bettee pick. Otherwise, Pachirisu might ramp Raichu decks really quickly.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Pachirisu - Confirmed! You can find Pachi in USUM! Anyways, name cards that has Nuzzle attacks and legal in standard. Pikachu? Only Pikachu? And 70 HP? You just wasting my time. Just use Raikou. Bit sturdy, and gives speed. Evolving Pikas to Raichus in order not to be targeted by Buzzwole, makes it useless. 2 Geodudes

Memory

不安のない挑戦はない
  • Pachirisu - Confirmed! You can find Pachi in USUM! Anyways, name cards that has Nuzzle attacks and legal in standard. Pikachu? Only Pikachu? And 70 HP? You just wasting my time. Just use Raikou. Bit sturdy, and gives speed. Evolving Pikas to Raichus in order not to be targeted by Buzzwole, makes it useless. 2 Geodudes
Attaching 1 energy vs potentially 5 is a huge difference.
If you let Raikou do its thing for 2 or 3 turns it’s still man manageable. Let Pachirisiu do the same and? They have over 10 Energy On the board and when they evolve Raichu they are doing over 200 damage every turn.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Togedemaru Promo (from that binder pack) has Nuzzle

Haeseptus

Aspiring Trainer
Man I love Krabby and Kinlger and they haven't been in a set in a while, I really hope we get them in the new set! Pretty excited!

CodeRed15

Aspiring Trainer
I currently run a quad Tapu Koko deck, both in irl and PTCGO. The trouble with my deck is that I’m running the Electrode from the Evolutions set. This Electrode has the ability BuzzapThunder which allows it to be knocked out and used as a double electric special energy card, but it allows my opponent to take a prize. On the contrary, I am able to get second turn Tapu Kokos completely powered up for opposing knockouts. Seeing this new Pachirisu excites me because it would allow me to take out the volt orbs and electrodes in exchange for three Pachirisus. This may be cool, but it may also be a downfall.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Attaching 1 energy vs potentially 5 is a huge difference.
If you let Raikou do its thing for 2 or 3 turns it’s still man manageable. Let Pachirisiu do the same and? They have over 10 Energy On the board and when they evolve Raichu they are doing over 200 damage every turn.
Still. Nuzzle Pikas are 60 HP which makes them more vulnerable to Buzzwole. I can't disagree in the strong energy accel. I worry on the early game stuff. I increase it to 3

Kontoleon

Aspiring Trainer
Come on! Pachirisu 2nd attack is Nuzzle, so 1rst turn lele Brigetteis very possible to have 3 picachu on beanch, and 1more Pachirisu(ok and lele so beanch is full. After possible K.O you can use 2nd Pachirisu even if you don't have extra energy in hand! I mean is very possible to use Raichu GX with 200+ damage on your 3rd attack!

And (from counter fighting decks)can use a copy of Koko. (we need 14 L energy here, and a lot of pokemon) but attack is creasy good now! I give between 4 and 5 stars...

DeadlyBee111

Aspiring Trainer
I Like that it has 70 Hp and not 60
I like the first attack it could be nice option for Raichu GX besides to Raikou

and having a team full of paralzyer sounds fun too xD

Maybe we get a new Pikachu with 70hp and nuzzle xD

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Damage Transport looks fun late game. 50x for each of your opponent's Pokémon with an Ability sounds like it could be a good tech in Garb if it is a Psychic or Colorless Energy; or if the Garb deck runs Rainbow.

Yen

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu koko and other spread attackers best watch out. Decent energy cost for both attacks too, the 2nd attack only needing another Psychic attachment

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Damage Transport looks fun late game. 50x for each of your opponent's Pokémon with an Ability sounds like it could be a good tech in Garb if it is a Psychic or Colorless Energy; or if the Garb deck runs Rainbow.
Garb makes it so that other Pokemon have no abilies which would lower the damage to zero

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
First attack is not terrible.
This new stage 1 pokemon who does 50 times the number of your opponents pokemon with abilities for 1 energy- could be pretty darn good!

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Garb makes it so that other Pokemon have no abilies which would lower the damage to zero
I know, I meant with Trashalanche. Pressuring your opponent away from both Leles and Items sounds pretty powerful to me. But you do have a point that Garbotoxin would make it counter-intuitive.