News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I'm guessing the "5 Ultra Beasts" is counting Pheromosa + Xurkitree + Celesteela, and the two others are Assembly + Burst, which will be the only two new ones Japan is getting; one in each of their sets - even if there were two more new Ultra Beasts in USUM, I highly doubt they would make cards of them so soon

You forgot UB-Adhesive

Coolpilot

Bisharps don't know 'bout my Togekiss
Advanced Member
It'll be interesting to see what these Prism Star cards are... it's obviously a reference to Necrozma, and I would presume Dusk Mane & Dawn Wings Necrozma GX are two of them (also wouldn't be surprised at them being classified as Ultra Beast cards, too, because this "Light Trio" are Ultra Beasts). Just gonna be interested to see what they do, and if this is truly a new mechanic, or just a rehash.

I love the set logo that has since been revealed, too.

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
I'm guessing the "5 Ultra Beasts" is counting Pheromosa + Xurkitree + Celesteela, and the two others are Assembly + Burst, which will be the only two new ones Japan is getting; one in each of their sets - even if there were two more new Ultra Beasts in USUM, I highly doubt they would make cards of them so soon
We could also be getting Adhesive as opposed to the first three you mentioned. Mainly Xurkitree

Last edited:

Flower sea

Aspiring Trainer
Over 150 cards in this set? Yay for collectors.
How about breaking it into 2 sets like what they did in Japan?

ShinyUmbreon

Aspiring Trainer
So excited for this set it’s interesting that there is a new type of rarity ‘Prism star’ which the' prism' mostly a reference the crystalline nature of necrozma (ability: prism armour and it’s signature move: prismatic Laser) while the star part of the name has got me perhaps overly excited because it could be referring to the star cards from the ex era which were shiny Pokémon and one of my favourite type of rarities to collect which means their could be a potential redoing star cards just like they redid shining cards in Shining Legends it's a long stretch but I can hope.

While there’s no word currently on trainer full arts yet in the current information I am really hoping they be re-releasing Lusamine full art trainer from the Japanese sun and moon set SM4+ which despite her original full art form from crimson invasion which had just be released in the pervious set I think it would still be a neat edition to another ultra beast set to have Lusamine in her Mother beast form when she fused with Nihilego which is both scary and awesome looking at the same time.

Slurma

Aspiring Trainer
Could possibly combo with alolan raichu, and using pikachu's nuzzle to expand the energy usage.

Deingel

Aspiring Trainer
Not bad in Raichu Ex

Bridgette into 3 Pikachu/Pachirisu for at least 2 Energy

Downside is that it doesnt count itself, it would have been amazing had it given you 3 Energy from the deck and that you have to run 60 HP Pikachus making you at risk to spread tactics (there are no 70 HP Nuzzle Pikachus iirc)

bomboy2121

blaziken gx is meta
you can use it on a raichu gx card THAT HAS shining celebei, this could be an amazing way to boost energy even more then shl raiku

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
you can use it on a raichu gx card THAT HAS shining celebei, this could be an amazing way to boost energy even more then shl raiku

you can’t use it even if there is a Celebi in play, as Celebi reads that “evolutions CAN use attacks from their previous evolutions” Raichu doesnt have the nuzzle attack, but he can use it, therefor it will not work with celebi

Gremioheart

Aspiring Trainer
Also good for Tapu Koko GX if Energy is there so you can play it onto bench, throw the energy over and bring it into play.

doubleb036

Jolteon GX Hopeful
Advanced Member
I like all this lightning support! Anyone think we will get more eeveelution GX's? Maybe even one that could work with Raichu GX? *cough*cough*Jolteon plz*cough*cough* :p

NastyPythOn

Aspiring Trainer
This is actually a pretty creative mechanic, has anything like this ever existed in the game (besides 'Round' attacks)?