News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
and I already mentioned to him it was a bit of a stretch?
The original poster and I have come to terms?

It isn't an opinion if you're flaming something with no backing. It's bias.

and again, we have already settled it but here you are - unable to understand that not every opinion is a solid or reasonable one.

Hm, as long as you and the original poster have come to terms, I can come to terms with what you said, consider our matter settled.
I apologize for anything I said you may have taken "personal".

TheAipomArchives

Beyond Champion of the Elite Four
they're gonna just shuffle their leles and stuff into their deck, you pretty much just give them a free rescue stretcher for their staples

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
This is actually not that good because it allows your opponent to reuse Leles and gives them even better draw rates for their own supporters because of that. Everyone knows how valuable the late game Lele for Guzma for game is. Not really sure you want to increase your opponent's odds of doing that. 1 active Pokemon and 2 bench is still enough to close out games. 2 Gardevoirs and a Sylveon. 1 Turtonator and 2 Volcanion EXs. This just doesn't disrupt nearly as hard as Plea GX since your opponent picks what stays and what goes. Cyrus also prevents your opponent from decking out which is cute.

Plus, your active must be Metal or Water, so if someone Guzma's a utility Pokemon like a Lele or Zoroark GX or Oranguru into your active and you can't get it out, then you can't play him. Not to mention Solgaleo decks can't even use this until you actually reach stage 2. It's a dead card prior to having Solgaleo in play. You'd mostly rely on Registeel or Solgaleo Prism Star in your active to pull off Cyrus early.

The more Leles your opponent has on bench, the worse this card is. I more or less see Cyrus right now as the "replacement" to Parallel City in standard format after next rotation, just like how Lusamine "replaced" VS Seeker's basic functionality.

I think this card needs more context, as in I think he'll make more sense as part of an entire strategy that's coming out in SM5. We could have Dialga and Palkia cards with abilities or attacks to reinforce this, i.e. "if your opponent has 2 or less Pokemon on the bench, this attack does X more damage."

First impression: Wouldn't bother putting this in a Solgaleo GX deck at all.

Last edited:

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Once again, Solgaleo is better than its Lunala counterpart. DM Necrozma I suppose has its use in Metal Silvie for big 1HKOs but largely too expensive and Lunala is great for its ability (second coming of Keldeo-Ex) but its a different format and I dont think it is needed. A huge amount of decks play Zoroark BKT now anyway and will continue to do so until it is rotated next year.

Last edited:

SucyX

A Legit Seed
Solgaleo ok I guess especially with that new solgaeo gx but lunala is bad like really bad and that suck cause lunala is like one of my favorite new pokemon

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Solgaleo ok I guess especially with that new solgaeo gx but lunala is bad like really bad and that suck cause lunala is like one of my favorite new pokemon
DW Necrozma-GX has the same ability as Keldeo-EX and that saw tons of play even in decks where it never attacked but I question its credentials in Standard. Its two attacks suck hard.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Once again, Solgaleo is better than its Lunala counterpart. DM Necrozma I suppose has its use in Metal Silvie for big 1HKOs but largely too expensive and Lunala is great for its ability (second coming of Keldeo-Ex) but its a different format and I dont think it is needed. A huge amount of decks play Zoroark BKT now anyway and will continue to do so until it is rotated next year.

Dusk Mane Necrozma is actually very good imo. It's an excellent addition to Solgaleo split decks that gives you another powerful attacker, and it's basic! With sol burst and the newer Solgaleo accelerating energy 4 energy cost isn't such a big deal imo.

Dawn Wings Necrozma though is... Sad. Why is its attack so expensive for so little damage? The ability is nice and you could use it for that alone. You mention Zoroark but you need to take into account that Zoroark is a stage 1. Dawn Wings Necrozma is much easier to just throw one of in a deck.