News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

TotoBoss

Kappa
Okay so "ace spec" type of supporters.... We all know how strong the items were and they were a must in every deck. Just think of how strong these 1 of supporters may be...

Now 1 thing I thought of which I REALLY DON'T LIKE. The reuse of a gx attack. Which imo would be too strong so i kinda hope they will pass on that one. But I can only think of how strong these will be... Just prepare yourselves

fleshrum

Cephalophore
Okay so "ace spec" type of supporters.... We all know how strong the items were and they were a must in every deck. Just think of how strong these 1 of supporters may be...

Now 1 thing I thought of which I REALLY DON'T LIKE. The reuse of a gx attack. Which imo would be too strong so i kinda hope they will pass on that one. But I can only think of how strong these will be... Just prepare yourselves

Truth.

On the other hand, one per deck + exile is how we balance trump card in my playgroup...

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Glameow - I omly give Geodudes to Stage 1 final evo (Purugly)
  • Alolan Raticate-GX - 80 for free is good, shrinking your hand size. The GX atk is good for bulk use of items next turn but N is everywhere 'til it rotates still hurts sometimes. Same feeling as Metagross' Algorithm. But the fact that no big decks that is weak to DARK, maybe not this time. 3 Geodudes.
  • Cresselia - Minimum of 110-150 damage for 1 Energies is so cool, but it is limited to Psychic and Rainbow Energy related-decks. 3 Geodudes
  • Weavile - *Another One!* Enough of Gen 4 references. It triggers my inner Sinnoh-baby. DP era was the start of my TCG career. Onto Weavile, like Raticate, nobody is weak to Dark, like BUS Weavile, it relies on abilities. Not like BUS Weavile, you must expect opponent playing lota of Lele to pile damage. I still love it. 3 Geodudes

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Prism star trainers won't be quite like ace specs though, because you can play as many of them in total as you want. I hope they don't make them to generic, because that might lead to some real moneycreep...

Imagine there being like 10 staple prism trainers and each of them being 10-20$. That would turn Pokemon into tcg hell, right next to Yu-gi-oh...

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I wonder if this means that we're gonna get some reprint or new version of prism energy...I mean, it's only fitting.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
Hmmm... Interesting. Honestly, I don't hate these cards since they seem a bit more balanced than other cards we've received thus far. Alolan Raticate GX seems like a good partner for Baby Alolan Raticate (in that you can hunt out tool cards for free attacks for a whole deck that wouldn't need to run any energy) and Weavile in a meta where abilities are everywhere seems acceptable. Question on Cresseila's attack - if your opponent doesn't have any damage counters on their pokemon, can you use the first attack?

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Alolan Raticate would look sweet in my collection.. Finally the rat got some honor..

But I really want that Espeon / Umbreon box... It look so gorgeuous

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Raticate would be decent if it wasn't limited to 2 cards. The second attacker is terrible, and the GX attack would be good if everyone wasn't playing 4 N.

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
I can see a terrible 0 energy free attack deck using this this Raticate, BUS raticate, and Mow Rotom
(That DarkIntegralGaming would play)

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
Prism Star cards aren't like ACE SPEC though because you can have more than one in your deck, just not of the same Prism Star. Imagine if you could have Dowsing Machine, Master Ball and Computer Search in the same deck.

I like the Weavile they've revealed, they're really trying to push an anti-ability weavile deck between this and the BUS one. Some of the best decks in the meta right now aren't ability reliant, but these two weaviles will be sleeper counters waiting in the wings if any ability decks start getting too big.

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Give me the Lillie sleeves and nobody gets hurt! That would be a nice interesting robbery...

In all seriousness those Lillie sleeves are beautiful :p

Alakazam90125

Aspiring Trainer
I'm excited for Prism Star cards now that they are not limited to only Pokemon. I really like the idea of limited, but very powerful, cards. I hope they won't be too rare or valuable- but I am anticipating 1 or 2 of them a box, maybe.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I like the Weavile they've revealed, they're really trying to push an anti-ability weavile deck between this and the BUS one. Some of the best decks in the meta right now aren't ability reliant, but these two weaviles will be sleeper counters waiting in the wings if any ability decks start getting too big.

I would argue that Weavile SM5 is an excellent meta card. Decks such as Gardevoir tend to have a lot of Pokémon with abilities. The same applies to Solgaleo decks and Silvally decks. Both Solgaleo GX have decent abilities and there is also Tapu Lele GX. In case of Silvally GX variants we have Silvally GX, Oranguru, and Tapu Lele GX. I can see Weavile hitting for 200 for one energy with ease. However, there are also decks that are low on abilities. Garbodor variants come to mind here. Since Garbotoxin states that all other Pokémon do not have abilities Weavile only hits for 50 damage most of the time. Thus, Weavile is an excellent counter to several meta decks but Garbodor is a great counter to Weavile decks.

Ardma-Rohar

Once upon a time, I was a Snorlax.
Firstly, *Luxray

I'm sorry, what makes them rubbish? Two of them are drawn by manga artists who have years of experience.
They have been with Pokemon for years and barely anyone complains.

Is that avatar your own artwork? if so is this an ego thing?

Ah, the cons of autocorrect.

It was simply my opinion. I am not at all suggesting that the particular artists continually produce 'rubbish' work. I am simply not a fan of the works mentioned. I did not intend to upset or offend.

That's presumptuous of you. But sadly, no. Just a fan.

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Prism Star Supporters make Lele an even more essential card.

I hope they will be designing them keeping in mind that everyone plays 4 Ultra Ball and 2, 3, or 4 Lele.

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Raticate is meh...could be could with the right partner I suppose....but Weavile looks very very good, it's a very common occurrence for your opponent to have 2-4 Pokémon with abilities out so he could dominate some matches