News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Sep 6, 2017.

1. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

OH MY GOD I LOVE IT. But Rotom is my other other fav so I'm biased.

2. Wechselbalg Aspiring Trainer
    Wechselbalg

Not sure how good this will be but for some reason I love it. I have high hopes for this set as it seems to be somewhat more creative than the previous 2-3 and hopefully will really shake up the Standard meta.

3. Ecko9i6 Aspiring Trainer
    Ecko9i6

Time to start piling tools into my deck just to discard them myself!

4. gumball51321 Scotty Chesser
    gumball51321

And give a free win to Garb

9Blades likes this.
  5. gumball51321 Scotty Chesser
    gumball51321

Yeah, Solgaleo is BDIF, absolutely no question. If we get a solid list, it will probably break the game, and become the most expensive thing ever. Better start saving money for the gold one.

6. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Mow Rotom - I've already said it (See Luxray post), 4 Geodudes. 9+ tools are so difficult to achieve.

7. jessalakasam Floette is love Floette is life
    jessalakasam

Look like rotom, Electivire, Ambipom, Lucario, Garchomp, Jolteon, Espeon, and Umbreon and Pyukumuku are in the set

8. Tytus Aspiring Trainer
    Tytus

with all this Sinnoh Merchandise being released hopefully TPCI gives us remakes of DPPT. Also I must have that Cynthia playmatt

9. zacherminator Aspiring Trainer
    zacherminator

Possible Garchomp GX? I hope it's not dragon, I hope it's not dragon, I hope it's not dragon...

10. Fiery_Lugia Professional Otaku/Liker of Shorts
    Fiery_Lugia

I WILL GET THE LILLIE SEMPAI SLEVES!!! COME TO ME MY WAIFU!!!!

11. SuperHoopa Aspiring Trainer
    SuperHoopa

They may as well shout at the top of their lungs "Hey, look guys! Sinnoh remakes!".

But I feel like that would be to predictable for them, they might just be remaking the cards in the TCG and say "Oh? All those Sinnoh cards in the TCG? Must've been a coincidence!"

12. Jadethepokemontrainer BST Forum Moderator
    Jadethepokemontrainer

Forum Mod Member

sssshoot I need those Lillie sleeves. I didn't get the last ones, but I'm gonna get these ones ^w^

13. Gameguard Aspiring Trainer
    Gameguard

The card is very bad. 9 toolcards... most people dont play 6. So having to put in 9 amd discard them . Just to so 60 damage n 1 energy discard. Little to much. Alittle to much plys very low health. If it wasnt a ability but a attavk that you could copy it might of seen a little play

14. Starsoulklr Aspiring Trainer
    Starsoulklr

I think more of my excitement comes from that it's Mow Rotom and not just Normal Rotom. The majority of the TCG Rotoms have been only based on regular old Rotom and not any of the appliance possessing ones.

As for the card itself: No it's not meta defining or it having an impact on normal formats. Most of my decks don't have near that many Tools and it would have to be a specific deck for it. More of my curiosity is in fan formats such as U150 and such for if Mow will have anything interesting waiting for it there.

One other thing is I'd rather see cards with unusual designs and different attempts of mechanics. None of us want to talk about the usual bulk commons that are only stepping stones more of the time for evolution.

15. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

Phototoxin likes this.
  16. ronangorski Aspiring Trainer
    ronangorski

Alolan Raticate GX?!
    YES!
    Hope all the totem pokémon will have a GX card.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 8:39 PM
    MoFoTY86, TheNyanCatXD and MetaCall like this.
  17. SmiteKnight Wants a new torterra card
    SmiteKnight

I think we found the partial stage one: Weavile

wobbuffet lover 1 likes this.
  18. SmiteKnight Wants a new torterra card
    SmiteKnight

Also, two free attacks looks promising, but all the other gym challenge promos have been bad, I hope this one is good (as I wrote this before translations were up)

19. Memory 不安のない挑戦はない
    Memory

Advanced Member Member

First attack [.] Discard up to 2 cards from your hand. This attack does 40x the number of cards you discarded.
    Second attack [DCC] 150 damage. Flip a coin, if tails, this attack does nothing.
    GX:[.] Search your deck for up to 6 item cards, show them to your opponent, and place them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

MetaCall and ronangorski like this.
  20. SmiteKnight Wants a new torterra card
    SmiteKnight

If this is correct, wow, Japan really doesnt give out good cards for free.