News Japan's December Sets: 'Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon!'

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
I'm pretty exited about this new mechanic. This new mechanic is certainly interesting, and I do like the return of Pokemon being basics all the time (at least this time it's a little moderated.) This way some evolution Pokemon... like... Charazard... might be able to see a little bit of play, even if theit gx is awful. Unless all the Prism Star Cards are Legendary Pokemon, but I'm still hopefull for an acctually playable Charizard card.

I have to say though, this card is only ok. It's first attack is great, but it's second attack is completely awful. It might see a little play due to its first attack, but since you can only have one of it in your deck, I'd say this card will only see an average amount of play, if any at all.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Nice card. A HP 160 Basic Pokémon that only gives up one prize card and accelerates from the discard. I can see this particular card as a decent tech in Solgaleo decks and Metal Silvally decks. I provides som eadditional acceleration in both decks and adds another potent attacker to Metal Silvally. The fact that the card is placed in the Lost Zone balances this card since we do not have a means to retrieve cards from the Lost Zone thus far.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Nice card. A Basic Pokémon that only gives up one prize card and accelerates from the discard.
I'm not sure it's too great at all. I think it's terrible, actually. You can only have 1 per deck. And it cannot be recovered. The first attack is situational and the second attack is so bad it practically makes me weep xD

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I'm not sure it's too great at all. I think it's terrible, actually. You can only have 1 per deck. And it cannot be recovered. The first attack is situational and the second attack is so bad it practically makes me weep xD

I believe this is a great addition to Solgaleo decks and Metal Silvally. The first attack is nice given that bench sizes tend to be larger now with Bridgette as a stable in most decks and the second attack can be used to ohko Basic Pokémon GX is Metal Silvally decks with a Choice Band attached.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Water Pokémon Master said:
The Lost Zone returns! Once a card is in the Lost Zone, there’s no way to get it back — it’s a special discard pile. The mechanic was first introduced in Stormfront back in 2008 and was inspired by the Distortion World from Pokemon Platinum. It’s usually associated with Giratina.
I guess that ties back in to the Sinnoh marketing, since the mechanic was also of that era.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
I believe this is a great addition to Solgaleo decks and Metal Silvally. The first attack is nice given that bench sizes tend to be larger now with Bridgette as a stable in most decks and the second attack can be used to ohko Basic Pokémon GX is Metal Silvally decks with a Choice Band attached.
4 Metal Energy is way too much even in Energy acceleration decks. It can't even take advantage of the Double Colorless Energy that Metal Silvie already plays. And why would you use this instead of Turbo Drive from Silvally itself, or maybe Registered?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
4 Metal Energy is way too much even in Energy acceleration decks. It can't even take advantage of the Double Colorless Energy that Metal Silvie already plays. And why would you use this instead of Turbo Drive from Silvally itself, or maybe Registered?

The idea is to use it with Registeel and Silvally GX as an additional attacker to lnock out Basic Pokémon GX and only give up one prize card.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Why do people keep saying this is bad? Up to six energy accelerated in exchange for one energy and one prize. It's also a basic. This is a very good Pokemon for Solgaleo GX. You can put the energy ANYWHERE on the board too, not just onto one Pokemon.

I'm actually slightly annoyed they made it so good... I really don't like the design of these prism cards.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
This will definitely be solid with Solgaleo-GX, but as strong as it is, it's a bit boring. Even so, looking forward to new Prism Star Pokémon.

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
This and Solgaleo GX will be Godly, the late game potential is insane, with a counter energy and 2 easily attachments in a deck that already has a crazy amount of energy acceleration, it will wreck everything 190HP or lower with CBand, early game/mid game it' first attack can really shine through and change the game. Either way this will definitely see play in Solgaleo GX, it being more utilized in the mid to later part of the game, especially if you fall behind.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
This and Solgaleo GX will be Godly, the late game potential is insane, with a counter energy and 2 easily attachments in a deck that already has a crazy amount of energy acceleration, it will wreck everything 190HP or lower with CBand, early game/mid game it' first attack can really shine through and change the game. Either way this will definitely see play in Solgaleo GX, it being more utilized in the mid to later part of the game, especially if you fall behind.
Counter Energy is too clunky in a deck like Solgaleo. Prism Star Solgaleo is something you are rarely, if ever, going to attack wtih,

SharKing

I won't bite... much.
So Prism Stars are auto-Basic, but you can only have one of each in your deck. Does anyone remember Shining Pokémon from Neo Revelation and Neo Destiny? It's like that, but with the Lost Zone thing added on.

As for this Solgaleo, the first attack is interesting in Metal Decks (namely, the upcoming dual-Solgaleo) as a mid- to late-game burst of Energy, but with the second Solgaleo-GX already filling that role, I dunno if this is even necessary. The second attack is, as stated by damn near everyone here, just bad.

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
Please limit the Prism star to legendary pokemon I hate to see Gardevoir Prism Star

I like this new mechanic it bring back nostalgia.. Lost Zone and a more usable Pokemon Star
It's unfortunate that it isn't shiny