TCG Fakes Jabberwock's Image Fakes: Plasma Garchomp!

Ooh, liking the Steven reprint!
Glad someone noticed that. ;)

I think these fakes look great! My personal favorite is the full art Reshiram. It is so beautiful. I can't wait to see the Zekrom EX!
Thanks. :)
I'm trying to evenly space the EXes, so they're placed at intervals when I feel the cards are starting to get a bit boring for me to make, because I don't want that reflected in my work. I promise Zekrom will be the next, though.

Last edited:
Just a few critique comments, I hope you don't mind :3

The Unova Pokemon League feels a bit too complicated for a stadium - it feels like you put two separate effects onto one card. I really do think you need to split them.

Is it just me or is the drawbridge blurry? If it is indeed blurry and my internet isn't playing up, I think you should seriously consider changing the picture. In my opinion, I think a bad quality picture degrades a card significantly. I think a few anime pictures looked a bit blurry, too.

I never mind critique comments, ninjas. :)

True, Unova League is a bit complicated. I didn't want it to be a Training Center reprint, but I also wanted to do something special for Evolutions. How about "Each Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokémon's attacks (both yours and your opponent's) do 20 more damage to the opponent's Active Pokémon".

The drawbridge is an ingame screenshot, which I had to upsize a bit. It does look rather blurry, and while I tried to do my best with it, there's only so much I can do without recreating the picture from scratch. I've noticed you're very skilled at traces; would you mind tracing the picture? I can do coloring and such.

The only anime picture that looks blurry to me is Roggenrola, which I also had to upsize. It's not too bad, though, so I don't think I'll change it. If it were on a Rare or a final stage, it would be different. But I don't think I need to remake Roggenrola.

Last edited:
I never mind critique comments, ninjas. :)

True, Unova League is a bit complicated. I didn't want it to be a Training Center reprint, but I also wanted to do something special for Evolutions. How about "Each Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokémon's attacks (both yours and your opponent's) do 20 more damage to the opponent's Active Pokémon.

The drawbridge is an ingame screenshot, which I had to upsize a bit. It does look rather blurry, and while I tried to do my best with it, there's only so much I can do without recreating the picture from scratch. I've noticed you're very skilled at traces; would you mind tracing the picture? I can do coloring and such.

The only anime picture that looks blurry to be is Roggenrola, which I also had to upsize. It's not too bad, though, so I don't think I'll change it. If it were on a Rare or a final stage, it would be different. But I don't think I need to remake Roggenrola.

The Stage effect for the League sounds better, if anything slightly OP considering a large amount of Pokemon can take advantage of it. I would even suggest just Stage 2s considering they are fairly difficult to get out.

I can certainly make the bridge! Is that line you were looking for, or full colour and/or shading?

Last edited:
Alright, I'll edit that in my next update. Thanks again for the critique. :)

If you could color/shade it that would be fantastic, but I could do that myself if you'd rather not. Thanks!

Alright, I'll edit that in my next update. Thanks again for the critique. :)

If you could color/shade it that would be fantastic, but I could do that myself if you'd rather not. Thanks!
np!
I'll have to see with the shading. I'm going to back to school in a couple of days meaning I may not have as much time, so it may just be the lines. I'll have to fiddle around.

Also, Garbodor's Ability is a bit OP. I know these aern't real, but Garbodor is like the Trump Card/Items all over again.

'Tis single-use, however, and I'll be sure to balance it out. I don't think it's too broken.

It was intended to be a deck archetype with Trubbish, because I think Garbodor is actually pretty creative, and I wish it had a good deck where it played the main role, rather than a "we have space and we don't use Abilities; let's throw Garbodor in there" card.

Here are the booster packs, better late than never.
EGGbK6N.png
1Ojdxxx.png
Q75zvlP.png
2p2YH8p.png
Esmd41E.png
owflBaq.png
4KCsxC6.png
FOnktAp.png

I'm away at the moment with a computer that isn't the one I normally use, but I tried to get this done anyway. I don't have the file for the set symbol, so you'll have to deal without it for now. Thanks, Reggie, for the render.
The FA's coming soon, I promise.
ko5p2Nl.png

Final Zekrom update; now with the Full Art.
oQgyIph.png
ghyUENJ.png

Also, since that was more of a revision than an update, here's another one, with art made by the amazing @steffenka.
6R54no9.png
Y0MoZjl.png
bh7Ux4g.png
3aVihdN.png
Xpyf4yj.png

Final Zekrom update; now with the Full Art.
oQgyIph.png
ghyUENJ.png

Also, since that was more of a revision than an update, here's another one, with art made by the amazing @steffenka.
6R54no9.png
Y0MoZjl.png
bh7Ux4g.png
3aVihdN.png
Xpyf4yj.png

Nice cards!

For the FA Zekrom's Golden Lines, what you do is go to the layer with the gold lines, then layer > transparency > remove alpha channel. Then, Filters > Distorts > Value Propagate > More Black. Then, color to alpha, and make the transparency of the layer with the gold lines to around 50-70%.

Nice cards!

For the FA Zekrom's Golden Lines, what you do is go to the layer with the gold lines, then layer > transparency > remove alpha channel. Then, Filters > Distorts > Value Propagate > More Black. Then, color to alpha, and make the transparency of the layer with the gold lines to around 50-70%.
Thanks, Reggie, but there's no remove alpha channel, value propagate, or color to alpha in Photoshop. :p

Asche uses the pen tool, but I never learned how to use that (I will eventually, mark my words). I lasso'd each part of Zekrom, inverted the selection, and then applied a 1 px stroke. A rather crude way of going about it, but the best I've found. And I think they turned out well enough, so I'm a bit confused about what you're telling me. Is there something I should fix?

Thanks, Reggie, but there's no remove alpha channel, value propagate, or color to alpha in Photoshop. :p

Asche uses the pen tool, but I never learned how to use that (I will eventually, mark my words). I lasso'd each part of Zekrom, inverted the selection, and then applied a 1 px stroke. A rather crude way of going about it, but the best I've found. And I think they turned out well enough, so I'm a bit confused about what you're telling me. Is there something I should fix?

I'm talking about the pixelated looking gold lines on the FA Zekrom. I ran into that problem with the legendary birds and it bugged the crap out of me tbh (thanks OCD). And I totally forgot you don't use gimp, my bad!

True, they are rather pixelated. I did just finish reading a pen tool tutorial, so perhaps I'll give that a try on the next one. I really don't want to have to go back to Zekrom, though. I think it's fine for now. :p

6R54no9.png
Y0MoZjl.png
bh7Ux4g.png
3aVihdN.png
Xpyf4yj.png
It's one thing imagining your art on cards, it's another actually seeing them! I love them! The holo effect looks really cool! Well done!

Update time again! I intended this to include the Hydreigon and Accelgor lines, too, but there's only so much time in the day. I promise those will be next, though.
st5v55a.png
6qy262P.png
oUJ2CAC.png
pYtWb8c.png
phAtXRj.png

Distinctive Evolution sounds pretty awesome but... I'm finding a few problems from the design perspective. Firstly, there needs to be something that marks that the Karrablast is actually yours and not your opponent's. Secondly, who can attach Energy and Tools to it?

Well, it's essentially the Pokémon version of Pokémon Tools F (takes up a space that could otherwise be vital), so I think, just like Jamming Net and Head Ringer, it would be treated entirely as if it were your opponent's Pokémon (only they can attach to it; etc.).

As for the marker, perhaps you're right. I have no idea about that, though, so I'm open to suggestions. :)

Well, it's essentially the Pokémon version of Pokémon Tools F (takes up a space that could otherwise be vital), so I think, just like Jamming Net and Head Ringer, it would be treated entirely as if it were your opponent's Pokémon (only they can attach to it; etc.).

As for the marker, perhaps you're right. I have no idea about that, though, so I'm open to suggestions. :)
Well, you'd have to mention that in the attack.

I think something simple as turning upside down, like Confusion, or putting a new marker on it.

Back