TCG Fakes Jabberwock's Image Fakes: Plasma Garchomp!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
oright :p

Fixed. Also noticed a little white bit of one of the wind effects going beyond the border, so I went ahead and fixed that, too.

2xN2RqJ.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I asked @TheFlyingPidove for a pair of spoilers for Solrock and Lunatone, and I must say, she made brilliant ones. ^.^

These are the first promos I've made in celebration of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon. What better than the sun and moon Pokémon themselves? :p

sdcWyfK.png
ogvctrA.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Update, including an Ultra-Rare! \o/

D3nk2Gw.png

9OOjvBl.png

PMHS4sC.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Thanks to @thegrovylekid for Darkrai's text! :)

As of this update, we're officially 80% of the way through the set! Hype! \o/

kDngChE.png

Zm9605B.png

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
dialga_palkia_giratina_legend_by_jabberwock314-dabms5y.png

@aschefield101 recently finished up his tri-LEGEND blanks in the BWXY style. Here's my take on it! :D

Original base images for Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina by TrachaaArMy on dA.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Hmm, it's really pretty... but it also looks really bare. :/

Here's a few aesthetic things:
- The art probably should pop out a bit more. A few ways to do this would be cut off all art from going beyond the bars, namely Giratina's tentacles (at the top) and Palkia's wings (at the right)
- The art fades out really suddenly. I think you might have feather it, where the fade should be really gradual. I'd suggest using a black-white gradient and a clipping mask and/or large, low-opacity brush. The other option is to do something like the Palkia & Dialga LEGEND art, which would look even better if you can pull it off.
- The art probably should be a bit more contrasted. There appears to be shadows on Dialga which looks a bit odd; not sure if you can do much about that.
- The edge of Palkia's wing looks a bit like plastic - it looks like Palkia is separate piece of art (it probably is, but you may like to do some manipulation on that).
- At the rightmost card, the bar can be seen through the pink/purple clouds, which is a bit odd.
- You may like to make the name and LEGEND symbol a bit more gold-y.
- There really need to be more text. Try to aim at 6 attacks, with two on each card. Wordings attacks work well too.
- The attack text effect looks too large in contrast with the other text on the card; compare to official LEGEND cards. The attack names look fine, however.
- The attack text goes any-which-way, where it should actually follow the art a bit more and should be in a smoother line. Things like "of", "80", "20+" and the Energy symbols look really wonky; compared to official LEGEND cards.

Mechanically, it would make sense for the LEGEND rule to be "3 prizes" not "2 prizes", but I'm not sure if Asche has already set that.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
dialga_palkia_giratina_legend_by_jabberwock314-dabms5y.png

Thanks for the feedback, bb. :)

Tried to incorporate all of it here. The 3-prize thing isn't text on the blank; it's an image-layer, so it's up to asche regarding the changing of that. I changed the effects of the attacks slightly to make them a bit more wordy, so the card would be less bare overall. Not sure how I feel about adding three more attacks, though. :/

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
exeggutor_alola_by_jabberwock314-dacbwo4.png

On @aschefield101's dual-type blanks! :D

I doubt they would actually reuse the Ancient Trait banners, but then I've never been good at editing blanks. :p How the Z-Move would actually be used is open to interpretation.

EDIT: Also my thousandth post on PB! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Seafan13

Aspiring Trainer
Hi I am new to this thread, and I have a few comments

1: Your cards are amazing. Much better then what I could do, although that is not saying much.

2*: I think it would be cool if Feebas’ second attack was for a water energy instead of a water and a collarless, because that would make the Feebas, if it was actual printed a poetical deck.

3*: Gardevoir’s “Manipulation” ability says “switch your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon” is the first Benched supposed to be Active?

*These comments are on your set in progress that is on the first post in the thread.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
1: Your cards are amazing. Much better then what I could do, although that is not saying much.
Thanks! :D

If you're looking to get better at faking, the Faking Resources and Help thread is a great place to start. :)

2*: I think it would be cool if Feebas’ second attack was for a water energy instead of a water and a collarless, because that would make the Feebas, if it was actual printed a poetical deck.
Hmm. That's an interesting idea. It is, however, still a Feebas, though. One could potentially build a deck with Mew-EX or Mew FCO along with Dimension Valley to accomplish the same thing. ;)

3*: Gardevoir’s “Manipulation” ability says “switch your opponent’s Benched Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon” is the first Benched supposed to be Active?
Yes. Nice catch. I edited the card and put the correct one in the first post.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I was working for a while on a sort of modifier to @aschefield101's blanks that would essentially make the card a "Team Skull card", similar to the Plasma mechanic from a few years ago. These cards are functionally the same as normal Pokémon/Trainer/Energy cards, except that any card that targets a "Team Skull Pokémon" or searches out a "Team Skull card" can target these. So basically the same thing as Plasma, with a different name. :p

These are the three cards I've done with the mechanic so far. I'm not sure how far I want to take it; whether it'll just be these three, or maybe a Radiant Collection-style miniset, or a full S/M-based set. I think the mechanic is fairly open-ended, but unfortunately without knowing much about Team Skull it's hard to put them into the TCG. I haven't any idea what a Team Skull Item or Stadium might look like, for instance. I think some extrapolation is plausible, as is the case with Turtonator-EX, despite not knowing whether anyone in Team Skull will actually use a Turtonator.
Kd6RxVd.png
lgnAljX.png
9GfO9uO.png

Thanks to @PikaMasterJesi for Type: Null's spoiler. :)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
So I made these Aether Foundation blanks a little while back for @quakingpunch73, and I decided I really wanted to test 'em out. Of course, who better than to test Gen VII-inspired blanks on than the Gen V legends? :D

4rwUjxQ.png

Thanks to @aschefield101 for the base blanks. :)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Goodness me, it's been a while. What better way to return than with a Pokémon-GX? :D

Thanks to @aschefield101, of course, for the blank!~
Thanks as well to @bbninjas and @PMJ for wording help!~

arceus_gx_by_jabberwock314-dax3ct3.png

Will note that these are a lot easier than Pokémon-EX. Think it's probably because there aren't any added effects circulating the border on these. :p

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
Omg these lookgreat! I would love to learn how to do this I've always wanted to create my own pokemonset!
We've got a great community of fakers here at the 'beach who would be only too willing to help you learn, if you ever wanna get into faking! ^.^