Help Is This Lugia Card Real?

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer
I'm fairly good at realising when a card is fake, but I picked this up for 2 dollars on ebay on a bid, I know it might have just been pot luck but still suspicious either way. I know how good card fakers are getting these days...
Any help would be great :)

ESy5fJQ.jpg
SlqLKQdh.jpg
1cUlZYi.jpg
VeZhFUah.jpg

Dusk Form Lycanroc

Champion of Alola
Well what i did was i found another photo of one of these cards (a graded one) and compared it to this one (i am assuming since it was a graded card that it is genuine) and what i think is that the card is genuine. Although i'm not very good at this sort of thing so you might want to get a second opinion. Note: i will include the image of the card i compared it to.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 13

Ultra noob

Aspiring Trainer
Still looks great ! I would like to pick some bids on ebay, but i dont know where to check prices or what to do if i dont get the card, since i live in mexico

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I have both English and Japanese copies of this card and I see no reason to believe that this one is a fake. The best way to catch well made fakes, ones where there aren't obvious tels like the wrong font, wrong copyright dates, wrong card backs, wrong borders, wrong text/costs/numbers, ect, is in holofoil errors. The foil effect is identical to the authentic version, down to the lightning effect in the upper right hand corner behind Lugia.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
How the light shines off the card in the fourth image makes me think that it is in fact real. You may have already done this check (although I'm not sure if it works for Japanese cards), but when you shine light on the edge of the card, you should see a very thin, dark line in the middle of the edge.