Discussion Is it Time to Ban Dimension Valley?

Chicken Nugget Master

I had the munchies when I came up with my username
Ok, so I know Dimension Valley hasn't seen any major play recently, but now it is confirmed that we are FINALLY getting the Psychic Type Tapu Lele Promo I think it won't be long before people abuse it with Dimension Valley, Necrozma GX and (potentially) Malamar.

It's not just Tapu Lele that can use Dimension Valley either, Pokemon like Pumpkaboo, Mew and Mimikyu (although there are probably better examples) can also use Dimension Valley to reduce their attack costs.

And what with the new Prism Star Stadium coming out being a Stadium that reduces attack costs, it makes me think that TPCi have realised that Dimension Valley was perhaps a bit too powerful and want to re-balance the format by giving those type of Stadiums Prism Star rarity.

I'd like to know what you all think about the possibility of Dimension Valley being banned, and what you would do it if does happen.

It's already perfectly possible to beat Zoroark with Trevenant now just because of the consistency boost courtesy of Mysterious Treasure, and while ZoroEggs is not exactly what I'd call a healthy metagame, the fact that 1 card can turn an almost auto-loss into a 50-50 MU shows that Psychic is getting out of hand in Expanded. Add the new Lele into the mix and I think there will be a legitimate reason to ban D. Valley. Then again they decided not to ban any card from Lonzoro either so maybe TPCi have other plans...

If they do decide to ban Dimension Valley, it's going to be in the format for a bit before it gets hit,

If anything, it's going to pass at least two quarterly banlist checks/6 months.

Back