XY Is a Pokemon Z a possibility?

Well, I don't like that Gen V has 4 games instead of a pair + 1 more game. They could have done what they did in BW2 with just one game, call it Grey and fuse Kyurem with both Reshiram and Zekrom instead of just one of them... Not that I don't like the Kyurem formes but I hope in gen 6, if they keep the sequel thing, I prefer it to be only one game, it's more pratical (Examples: I have all 4 gen V games just because there are version exclusive legendaries in B2W2. Then, there's the starters thing: I choosed Snivy in White, then Tepig in Black and decided I'd pick Oshawott in Grey, but they came with 2 games instead of 1 and now I choosed Oshawott in Black2, but I have to resort to other pokémon in White2 cause I don't like to repeat starters, in other words, 3 games would have been enough to get everything if it wasn't for the exclusive legendaries)... It's also a matter of taste though, I like trilogies, so 3 games for me it's like the perfect number conceptually.

Metalizard said:
Well, I don't like that Gen V has 4 games instead of a pair + 1 more game. They could have done what they did in BW2 with just one game, call it Grey and fuse Kyurem with both Reshiram and Zekrom instead of just one of them... Not that I don't like the Kyurem formes but I hope in gen 6, if they keep the sequel thing, I prefer it to be only one game, it's more pratical (Examples: I have all 4 gen V games just because there are version exclusive legendaries in B2W2. Then, there's the starters thing: I choosed Snivy in White, then Tepig in Black and decided I'd pick Oshawott in Grey, but they came with 2 games instead of 1 and now I choosed Oshawott in Black2, but I have to resort to other pokémon in White2 cause I don't like to repeat starters, in other words, 3 games would have been enough to get everything if it wasn't for the exclusive legendaries)... It's also a matter of taste though, I like trilogies, so 3 games for me it's like the perfect number conceptually.

That's why you get black and then black 2 :p then you get your reshiram and your zekrom

I liked the trio as well though. I think it's mostly that emerald and platinum are my favorites.

I really liked having an extra game not a sequel. When it was announced that it wasn't Grey but B2W2 I wasn't so happy at first. I do like it (even though I like BW more). Maybe they will do Z or just X2 Y2. It would be nice to do Z as there are various suggestions for Z.

It's probably going to be Z, to go with the 3D coordinates theme of naming the first 3D Generation.

PellOfTheTundra said:
It's probably going to be Z, to go with the 3D coordinates theme of naming the first 3D Generation.

I doubt they would name the games after math

... This is the first 3D generation, game names are the coordinates of 3D. Nothing else needs be said about why that makes sense, considering how uncreative they can be at times.

And with that logic, I doubt they'd name the games after geology or minerology. Oh wait...

And Cartesian Coordinates are universal through academia. They are not just "math."

PellOfTheTundra said:
... This is the first 3D generation, game names are the coordinates of 3D. Nothing else needs be said about why that makes sense, considering how uncreative they can be at times.

And with that logic, I doubt they'd name the games after geology or minerology. Oh wait...

And Cartesian Coordinates are universal through academia. They are not just "math."

I know what your talking about, I know about coordinates. And the earth is payed out in a grid for coordinates, finding those coordinates is used by graphing, graphing is math....

catutie said:
Metalizard said:

That's why you get black and then black 2 :p then you get your reshiram and your zekrom

I liked the trio as well though. I think it's mostly that emerald and platinum are my favorites.

I meant Black2 has Latios while White2 has Latias. There's also the Regi keys thing. Plus, even though you get the other dragon like you're saying, if you just buy Black and Black2, you don't get the normal version exclusives from White/White2 and vice versa.
What I liked about 3rd version was that it focused on the 3rd member of the trio and you could catch the previous 2 mascots in the same game (that's why I only have Emerald and Platinum). If they made B2W2 as only one game (Grey), you would still get the Kyurem formes (or maybe just one - all 3 fused together) and you would get both Reshiram and Zekrom in the same game.

PellOfTheTundra said:

Cartesian coordinates don't make sense from a storyline perspective. What exactly can they do with a storyline based on something like that?

The theme is obviously DNA/chromosomes, based on the Japanese logos. Simply having a Pokemon Z version doesn't make sense in that context.

The names have almost never been story-based. The simple fact that they made the battle stances of the legendaries look like an X and a Y suprised me to no end.

PellOfTheTundra said:
The names have almost never been story-based. The simple fact that they made the battle stances of the legendaries look like an X and a Y suprised me to no end.

No, that's not true. Black and White were chosen as names because it fits the games' theme of equal but opposing ideas.

Back