XY Is a Pokemon Z a possibility?

Slippy732

Hungry Ghost Princess of Hakugyokurou
We know that pokemon X and Y are coming out but could there be a pokemon Z coming out as well? Just like the past (Diamond+Pearl=Platinum) It might as well be(X+Y=Z)? What do you think?

I think there could be...

RE: Pokemon Z?

Slippy732 said:
We know that pokemon X and Y are coming out but could there be a pokemon Z coming out as well? Just like the past (Diamond+Pearl=Platinum) It might as well be(X+Y=Z)? What do you think?

I think there could be...

We haven't even seen more than 5 pokemon from x and y and your thinkin about the third.

I liked the sequel thing, I hope they don't just do the third one any more

Could you at least wait until we know more than a trailer's worth of info before discussing this?

Anyway, if there's anything 5th gen taught us, it's that relying on past gen patterns to predict the future is a bad idea, because patterns can easily be broken. We could get Z, we could get X2 and Y2, I think it depends on what we see in X and Y. Although ideally, I'd like to see XY2, it's less rehashy that way since we can get more new areas, plus a different plot and storyline path which would keep things more fresh.

Originally "&" was at the end of the alphabet after Z. How do you it won't be "Pokemon and version?" Huh? : p

If "X" and "Y" are supposed to represent chromosomes, actually, the logical sequel would be "XX" and "XY," but that'd probably be way too confusing for the market.

Bogleech said:
Originally "&" was at the end of the alphabet after Z. How do you it won't be "Pokemon and version?" Huh? : p

If "X" and "Y" are supposed to represent chromosomes, actually, the logical sequel would be "XX" and "XY," but that'd probably be way too confusing for the market.

Maybe this game is based off math, then graphing wise if you went that far I believe it is Z

Or it's based of DNA and the next game will be Pokemon double helix, or Pokemon DNA, or Pokemon origins, or Pokemon matter.

If the Y-shaped bird and X-shaped elk have to do with Yggdrasil, as some people have speculated, then a snake would be the third animal, based on Nidhogg. Could totally be Z shaped, which would make an "N" too!

Aquapulse said:
I think it's a little early to tell. I mean, sheesh, we only have 5 pokemon. :p

Agreed, as I said earlier, there is no reason to even have a passing though on this when it's at least 3 years out (x and y, sequel/remake, pokemon z) so I wouldn't even worry about it

Cinesra said:
Maybe the third version will be a prequel? Pokemon W anyone?

Hmmmm x and z are after a big thing happened. (Oh oh oh maybe the bad guys won and you have to face the 8 leaders of the organization (gym leaders) and then at the end face the big bad guy (champion) and then take out the big bad organization all together) and then the third game or the two games that follow are lead up to that big event. That would be awesome

pokemaister899 said:
Well, a Pokemon Z would technically be expected, but Nintendo could pull a BW2 again.

I welcome the x2 and y2 and also we don't know if it's based on the alphabet or not....and that would be weird

I think that would be a cool concept to make a "Z" As that would be perfect for a third installation of 6th GEN :D

Or maybe there gonna do X2 & Y2 ! :O

I personally am annoyed with these third installments. Yellow and BW2, maybe platinum are the only exceptions. I mean, crystal and emerald both suffered identity problems and as such the story and main legendaries were all out of whack.

I think they should just do it right the first time and not need to say afterward "aw, damn, wish we thought of that BEFORE we released the game" and add in arbitrary features to a game you already own. However, it appears to be a somewhat successful money grab from GF.

If this is pertaining to letters, then I think a better idea for a 3rd game or sequel could be on wii u. Sales boost, plus a GOOD reason to buy it, IMO. So many possibilities for that. Pokemon U or W maybe,

^Agreed, there's no real point in having 3rd versions anymore, especially 6th gen and onwards when some of those minor changes could be added as DLC. I think new releases from now on need to be more worth it, like how BW2 has a different plot, storyline path, Pokedex, etc. Sequels will probably be the new standard.

I think that they will keep the third version idea, but it would be a sequel rather than just an enhanced version. Pokemon Z could be like a sequel a lot like BW2 but just as one game, as having 2 new versions each time requires a lot more time and can get old fast.

frostwind said:
I think that they will keep the third version idea, but it would be a sequel rather than just an enhanced version. Pokemon Z could be like a sequel a lot like BW2 but just as one game, as having 2 new versions each time requires a lot more time and can get old fast.

Having two versions as opposed to one is more profitable, though, they don't care about having to take more time or it "getting old", so I think they'll try and use multiple versions as much as possible.

Back