IPOF's - General Discussion Thread | Current Topic: Artists and Audiences

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Fan Fakes Discussion Area

Welcome to the Fan Fakes Discussion Area! Similar to the Artist's Studio Discussion Thread, you'll be able to discuss and share various fake artworks.

If you guys would like, you may post your rough sketches for future creations, share artworks from other well-known fake designers from the web for the members to check out and discuss about, get opinions about creating a certain contest, your goals, discussion about upcoming projects for your art thread, etc. I'll also be posting discussion questions regularly and you guys have the choice as to whether you want to answer it or not.

If you would like someone to critique/provide tips on a new artwork, then feel free to post a thread in the Smeargle's Canvas forum. If you are trying to find resources/help for your fake cards, then head over to the Fake Card Resources and Help Thread.

This forum is moderated by:
@Ice Arceus - Department Head
@bbninjas - Moderator
@Jabberwock - Moderator​

RE: Fake Creations Discussion Area

where did all our fakers go

PMJ said:
where did all our fakers go

We went to Christmas
I dunno, I remember that when I didn't have an account there were heaps of great fakers :/

As fellow faker we could make a guide on faking to get more people involved. I mean, it's fun easy (for simple cards) and it opens a lot of doors to discussion and meeting other people.

Blui129 said:
As fellow faker we could make a guide on faking to get more people involved. I mean, it's fun easy (for simple cards) and it opens a lot of doors to discussion and meeting other people.

You silly, there is already one up. :p

Don't worry, we're working on some new content to help get more members involved in creating fake artworks. One of the larger projects won't be available until near the end of winter/spring of 2013, considering there is a lot of stuff to develop for that.

@Card Fakers disappearing: I agree with all the points asche made. But also... I feel the need to improve my faking skills before start another batch of cards. Also, it bugs me that I don't want to make random cards nor have the willpower to finish an entire set.

I'd like to know what PokéBeach thinks about hack roms. Are they allowed in the Fake Creations subforum? Are they completely forbidden?

I'll get back to you on that.

WPM says no, they are not allowed.

For the topic, I've always enjoyed adding and creating something new, even if it is for an already existing universe or gameplay, so it was obvious that I should try to create custom cards for this TCG too. I think I've improved a bit, but of course there's always room for improvement and I don't consider myself as one of the best card makers, as Lavender Theory is my first Poké TCG fake card project I'm working on.

And I think there are a lots of good card makers in the Beach, but they are demotivated, as no one comments on the newcomer's cards. There are 1 or 2 stars on the PokéBeach who already has their own fans and commenters, while the new ones don't get any responses, except if they need a lots of improvement. Sometimes even a "nice work" can be really motivating to continue the work, and admit it, even those who says they do it for themselves like to share their own creation. As if they were created only for yourself, you wouldn't share them here. ;)

Sheodon said:
For the topic, I've always enjoyed adding and creating something new, even if it is for an already existing universe or gameplay, so it was obvious that I should try to create custom cards for this TCG too. I think I've improved a bit, but of course there's always room for improvement and I don't consider myself as one of the best card makers, as Lavender Theory is my first Poké TCG fake card project I'm working on.

And I think there are a lots of good card makers in the Beach, but they are demotivated, as no one comments on the newcomer's cards. There are 1 or 2 stars on the PokéBeach who already has their own fans and commenters, while the new ones don't get any responses, except if they need a lots of improvement. Sometimes even a "nice work" can be really motivating to continue the work, and admit it, even those who says they do it for themselves like to share their own creation. As if they were created only for yourself, you wouldn't share them here. ;)

well Lavender Theory is one of the coolest fake card projects on the Beach and i can see you becoming one of the stars.

I still make a lot of fakes, though no one seems to be interested. I use my own artwork in fakes (since they are Fakemon) and I try to improve on my wording and placement...

Discussion Question

What do you plan to accomplish during this month regarding your fake art?

Just come across this and pretty much feel this topics the only place to discuss it, in here anyway...

Feast your eyes on this shameful ebay item.

From a glance, its my blanks, Xous's art, random oversized icons and very bad fonts.

aschefield101 said:
Just come across this and pretty much feel this topics the only place to discuss it, in here anyway...

Feast your eyes on this shameful ebay item.

From a glance, its my blanks, Xous's art, random oversized icons and very bad fonts.

Wow. Isn't trying to sell fake cards illegal?

inb4 those are the blanks and that's a card from XY1

That is is yeah, I reported it on Ebay and forwarded the image to Xous, after messaging the seller as well.

Oh boy, this isn't the first time I've seen that kind of thing happen. People who try this need to die in a fire.

What'd he say and what'd the card look like?

He basically said it was classed as "craft" and therefore fine. I went on to list all the laws he was breaking and such. While typing that reply ebay had taken the card down, as per my report request.

Far faster than I thought they would! Heres the card anywho :
COcxgh6.jpg

Back