Pokemon Interesting Pokémon Facts

You know that one pose the Genesect made when they were kneeling before their leader?
There is actually a word that means
"lower one's body briefly by bending one knee to the ground, typically in worship or as a sign of respect."
And that word is genuflect. :p

- TMs have been shown as discs as far back as Gen 3, but old Ken Sugimori artwork depicts it as some sort of belt/band.
200px-RG_TM.png

- Referencing its Pokedex entries, In the Mystery Dungeon games, Jynx speaks in a language that not even the other Pokémon can understand. Some of it quotes include "∞XO@#*~♪", "!!O@#*~!", "!!!!!!~!", and "∞XO@#*~♪".

-
In Gen VI, wild baby Pokémon (specifically Togepi, Tyrogue, Smoochum, Elekid, Magby, Azurill, Budew, Chingling, Mime Jr., Riolu, and Mantyke) always have at least 2 IVs of 31.

- Elite Four members always have 6 IVs of 30 on their Pokémon, while Champions always have Pokémon with perfect IVs.

Last edited:
While on another website, I took a look at all the sprites in Pokémon Shuffle. These included currently unreleased Pokémon, including variants. They are only in the coding, and they include:

- All currently unreleased Mega Evolutions.

- The alternate form(s) for Unown, Burmy, Wormadam, Shellos, Gastrodon, Giratina, Basculin, Deerling, Sawsbusck, Tornadus, Thudurus, Landorus, Kyurem, and Zygarde.

- Both the male and female versions of Frillish, Jellicent, and Pyroar (but not Unfezant).

- Primal Kyogre and Groudon.

- Shiny Genesect, returning from Battle Trozei.

It seems obvious that these variants would be included, as there are variants for Keldeo, Shaymin, Rotom, Pikachu, and Meowstic already in the game, but take a look at these:

download.png
On this sprite sheet, there are some intersting inclusions:

- Shiny Magikarp, Gyarados, Mega Gyarados, Rayquaza, and Mega Rayquaza.

- Halloween versions of Pikachu and Sabelye.

- Christmas versions of Pikachu and Delibird.

- Ash Greninja.

- Happy versions of Pikachu, Gengar, Cubchoo, Pumpkaboo, and Gourgeist.

- Winking versions of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Raichu, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Togetic, Marill, Azumarill, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Shubbull, Granbull, Blissey, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Shroomish, Delcatty, Plusle, Minun, Castform, Snorunt, Glalie, Mega Glalie, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Roserade, Pachirisu, Cherubi, Cherrim, Snover, Togekiss, Manaphy, Phione, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Audino, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Vanillite, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Flabébé, Floette, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Dedenne, and Carbink.

- Along with the Angry, Winking, Happy, Halloween, and Christmas Pikachu varitants, there's also Pikachu sleeping, bored, competitive(?), surprised, sad, very sad, fainted, and very happy.

Last edited:
- Winking versions of Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Raichu, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Chansey, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Togetic, Marill, Azumarill, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Shubbull, Granbull, Blissey, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Shroomish, Delcatty, Plusle, Minun, Castform, Snorunt, Glalie, Mega Glalie, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Roserade, Pachirisu, Cherubi, Cherrim, Snover, Togekiss, Manaphy, Phione, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Audino, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Vanillite, Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie, Flabébé, Floette, Aromatisse, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Dedenne, and Carbink.

I know I just posted this not even twenty minutes ago, but I have something to add. Every single Pokémon with a winking variant is either a starter or in the Fairy egg group. The only ones in the egg group without a winking variant are Breloom, Mawile, Skitty, Roselia, Froslass, and Florges.

10% Zygarde is used. In Shuffle (Mobile), it is currently a Great Challenge.

• A pure Electric Type with Wonder Guard and an Air Balloon could only be damaged by a Mold Breaker (variant) Pokémon, entry hazards and status conditions.
  • There was a Trading Figure Game. There was only one released set.
  • Ditto is the only Pokémon that can only learn one move and no TMs.
  • Mareep's name is an anagram of the word Ampere.
  • Draco Meteor's Japanese name is Meteor Shower and contains the Japanese word/symbol for Dragon.

Last edited:
- Mawile [Regular] and Quagsire are currently the only Pokémon who managed to go from NU to OU and back within 1 Generation.
To add onto this, as of now, Quagsire has gone from NU to OU, back to NU, and just moved back up to OU in the space of a single generation.

Since I have been playing Pokemon Yellow lately, I think I should share a few interesting facts pertaining to Generation I:

-In Generation I, Omanyte and Omastar could learn Horn Attack through level-up.

-Despite being Rock/Ground types, Rhyhorn and Rhydon's level-up movepool consists of purely Normal-type moves in Generation I.
--On that same note, Rhyhorn starts out with the move Horn Attack, and does not learn another move through level-up until level 30, when it learns Stomp.​

- In Generation I, if Hyper Beam was used to knock out another Pokemon, then the Pokemon that used Hyper Beam would not have a turn of recharge.

1a12vq.jpg

Back