Pokemon Interesting Pokémon Facts

-Kalos and Hoenn have conflicting legends about the first Mega Evolved Pokémon (Lucario in Kalos, Rayquaza in Hoenn).

Actually, both are the first simply depending on perspective. Rayquaza is the first ever mega evolution, there's no doubting that. Despite this, knowledge of the event was lost to time and only kept on record by Zinnia's clan. Lucario was the first Pokemon to be mega evolved by an actual mega stone and done so publicly. Since knowledge of Rayquaza's mega evolution was not known to Kalos due to location and secrecy, it's only right that they can assume Lucario was the first.

It's Vermilion. Both that and Fortree allow you to use fly, which isn't required for game completion.

Actually, since you can't earn an Earth Badge until you have all the other seven Kanto Gym badges, does that one really count? And the Fortree City example is only in the originals- in OR/AS, you're barred from progressing too far onto Route 120 until you've beaten Winona. And now for some more facts!

*Unown is the only Pokémon that is compatible with a TM that cannot actually have that TM used on it- it's only compatible with the Hidden Power TM, but the TM can't be used on it since it invariably already knows Hidden Power (and due to it being its only move, cannot forget it).

*OR/AS features areas with horde encounters that are ideal for EV training, since they only feature Pokémon that impart that particular EV; HP = Rusturf Tunnel (Whismur); Attack = Mt. Pyre's interior (Shuppet); Defense = Route 111 (Sandshrew, albeit not ideal due to the constant sandstorm and their Sand Veil Ability); Sp. Atk = Route 119 (Oddish); Sp. Def = Route 115 (Swablu); Speed = Route 104 (Zigzagoon, Wingull (south side)/Taillow (north side)).

*The only legitimate wild Graveler that cannot know Self-Destruct or Explosion are the ones findable via Rock Smash on Kalos's Route 13 or in hordes in Kalos's Victory Road. Any wild Graveler found in any circumstance other than these does know either Self-Destruct or Explosion (in other words, if you see a Shiny Graveler, you might wanna use a Master Ball).

*The Red Gyarados is the only in-game guaranteed Shiny that is not a Dragon-type, is in a region other than Unova, and must be encountered to progress the game's main storyline.

*Slowpoke has never been seen using an attack in the anime. It would share this distinction with Kakuna, except several of them in Azalea Gym used String Shot on Team Rocket.

*In the Japanese version of Generation II's games, Slowpoke's sprites featured a pattern on its belly like the one on Slowbro. This was removed in the international versions for reasons unknown.

*Goomy is said to be the weakest Dragon-type, when in fact, that distinction goes to Noibat, if we're talking in terms of base stats.

*Heatmor is the only Fire-type unable to learn Flame Charge (not counting the ones that aren't Fire-types by default, such as Rotom and Castform).

*Basculin is the only Water-type unable to learn Water Pulse (not counting Magikarp because lol Magikarp's movepool).

*The mysterious truck in Vermillion Harbor is in the remakes. It still serves no purpose, but there is a Lava Cookie not far from it- the only Lava Cookie in the game.

*Diamond and Pearl were not the first Pokémon games to add "A" to the "wild Pokémon appeared" message- that distinction goes to Pokémon XD.

*Pokémon that have obtained any Ribbons in the Orre region are considered special Pokémon and cannot be traded over the GTS (basically anything that used to be a Shadow Pokémon or was used for clearing the Mt. Battle challenge).

*Of all the Ice-types Generation V introduced, the only one with more than one type is also the only one that is a legendary.

*When a Shelmet and Karrablast are traded, if one of them holds an Everstone, neither one will evolve, regardless of whether the other one has an Everstone.

*If a Kadabra is traded while holding an Everstone, it will still evolve. For the record, this is not normal behavior for trade evolutions and Everstones. My opinion, this crap has Uri Geller's stink all over it. This has been a thing since at least Generation IV, possibly even earlier.

*FR/LG introduced rewards for catching 20, 40, and 60 Pokémon, whereas the originals merely had rewards for 10, 30, and 50 (20 got you an Everstone, 40 got you an Amulet Coin, and 60 got you the National Dex when you beat the game).

*Professor Oak will give you 5 Poké Balls in the original RBY, but in order to claim them, you must beat your rival on Route 22 first, and cannot have acquired any Poké Balls or obtained a Pokémon other than your starter. This event was so obscure that the testers overlooked a glaring error with the text associated with said event (one of the lines overlaps the previous one).

*In Black and White, all Basculin had Adaptability and Reckless as Abilities, regardless of form, when in fact Blue-Striped Basculin were supposed to have Rock Head instead of Reckless. The only Rock Head Basculin available in those games was from an in-game trade. This was rectified in B2/W2, and any Blue-Striped Basculin with Reckless gets their Ability changed to Rock Head once they're put through Bank.

*All legendaries in Kalos are Shiny-locked, as is the Lucario Korrina gives you, and the Snorlax on Route 7 for some strange reason.

*Escavalier gains the Steel-type due to swiping Shelmet's shell, but Shelmet is not a Steel-type despite having the same shell.

*The glitch Pokémon LM4 evolves into Clefairy at level 18, and the resulting Clefairy immediately evolves into Nidoking. Both evolutions are Pokémon whose regular evolution lines involve Moon Stones.

*In Generation I, viewing the stats of non-hybrid glitch Pokémon while they are in the PC will transform them into half-Rhydon hybrids, allowing them to learn all the TMs Rhydon can learn. Leaving them at the daycare changes them back. In this way, it is possible to, among other things, get a Missingno. to learn Hyper Beam.

*The Koffing and Gastly lines are unable to learn Sludge Wave via TM, yet were available with the move from the Dream World. Also, an event Gengar with Sludge Wave was given out.

*Deerling and Sawsbuck cannot change form in Generation VI. Without using Pokémon Bank, only Spring Deerling/Sawsbuck are available.

*Despite Kalos introducing the entire concept of hordes, Trevenant and Carbink are the only Kalos Pokémon to actually appear in horde encounters.

*In Kalos, horde battles cannot happen in extremely tall grass. In Hoenn, extremely tall grass is the only place horde battles can happen without Sweet Scent or Honey to summon them.

*Weedle is the only Pokémon unable to learn any Normal moves. It arguably shares this distinction with Unown- while Hidden Power is classified as a Normal move, it is in practice anything but a Normal move (or a Fairy move).

*Every odd-numbered generation of Pokémon has introduced a two-stage line of Grass-types based off of mushrooms that can have Effect Spore and learn Spore, while every even-numbered generation has introduced at least one new Eeveelution.

*Even-numbered generations are the only ones that have introduced new evolutions for old Pokémon. Generation I couldn't, because there were no old Pokémon; Generation II gave us Crobat, Espeon, Scizor, etc.; Generation III gave us a couple of pre-evolutions, but that was it; Generation IV gave us Honchkrow, Mamoswine, Gallade, etc.; Generation V was all about that fresh start stuff and trolled us with Alomomola (poor Luvdisc); Generation VI gave us Sylveon.

*The Dream Ball actually has the same catch rate as the normal Poké Ball; the common belief about its catch rate stems from it only being usable in the Entree Forest, where everything works like a Master Ball.

*Due to the way Poké Balls are passed down via breeding, it is impossible to get anything with its Hidden Ability in any Poké Ball introduced in Generation II.

*The Paras and Venonat lines hold the record for being able to legitimately be in the most varieties of Poké Ball- they can be caught in the Bug-Catching Contest, in the wild in G/S/C/HG/SS outside of said Contest, and in the Entree Forest in Generation V- only missing the Cherish Ball, due to having never been given out in a Nintendo event.

*Delibird has two different Abilities that do the exact same thing. OK, one has a field effect and the other doesn't, but who cares?

*The Gothita line can learn Thunderbolt, but not Thunder. The inverse holds true for the Solosis line.

*Deoxys is not the first formerly event-exclusive legendary to lose said status- that honor goes to Mew, who is readily available (albeit a bit tricky to unlock) to anyone with a copy of My Pokémon Ranch.

*Voltorb and Electrode's Shiny coloration references the Great Ball. Foongus and Amoonguss's Shiny coloration references the Master Ball.

*The Murkrow and Drifloon lines are the only non-legendary Pokémon findable in the wild in OR/AS that cannot be chained via Dexnav, due to only being found while soaring in the sky.

*Until well into Generation V, the Glameow and Stunky lines were only available in Diamond and Pearl.

*There has been a different Pokémon Pinball title once per generation for the first three generations, each on a different platform- Generation I had Pokémon Pinball for the Game Boy Color; Generation II had Pokémon Pinball Mini for the Pokémon mini; Generation III had Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire for the Game Boy Advance.

- Pokemon is the second best-selling video game franchise of all time, only behind Mario.

- In the anime, Metronome has been used a total of 11 times. 8 of these times it has resulted in the move Splash.

- Despite Jessie owning a Lickitung for 94 episodes, it only appeared in 17.

- Shellos and Gastrodon were originally planned to be in Gen 3, and even had fully working sprites and cries.

- Basculin was added into Black and White when the developers realized that there weren't enough water types in the game.

- In Gen 5, if Gravity is used while a Pokemon is under the effect of Sky Drop, they will be stuck in the air forever.

- There is a glitch in Pokemon Yellow that can result in beating the game in under a minute.

- It is estimated that almost 5% of all YouTube videos have something to do with Pokemon.

- In the anime, Metronome has been used a total of 11 times. 8 of these times it has resulted in the move Splash.
So I'm guessing the writers have a lot of experience with trying to train Togepi in Generation II, then. When you only got Metronome to work with, you get to really see all the various ways that move can screw you over.

- Shellos and Gastrodon were originally planned to be in Gen 3, and even had fully working sprites and cries.
Wait, are their sprites and cries actually programmed into Generation III's games?

- Basculin was added into Black and White when the developers realized that there weren't enough water types in the game.
And even then, Unova still came up a bit short in terms of Water-types. Can't complain, though- Basculin is awesome! :) Didn't they also give it different forms for similar reasons, to make it seem like there were even more Water-types in the game?

- There is a glitch in Pokemon Yellow that can result in beating the game in under a minute.
Wait, what? I know there was one in the original Green Version, but this is the first I'm hearing of something like this for Yellow.

I didn't actually know about the glitch either, but I looked it up on Youtube and found this video that shows it. You can get a time of 0:00 on the in-game clock, and a full 152 Pokémon in your Pokédex! :p

This is one of the reasons I love Generation I so much- even once you think we got it all figured out, we're still discovering all sorts of glitches and cheats.

- Pokemon is the second best-selling video game franchise of all time, only behind Mario.

Seriously? I would like Basculin would it not remind me too much of Carvanha and not having any special traits other than being too versions...Facepalm. Hell, Gen. IV was already short on Water types, didn't GF realized that and work further to avoid that in Gen V? I just want to use the F word. Gf is seriously failing in terms of Dex/Pokémon balance. Gen. IV & V with little Water types, Gen. VI filled with stupid Mega, seen by them as new Pokémon and the truly new ones were very few and Grass type, except for Gogoat's and Chespin's lines were all Grass/Ghost. Hurray GF, keep it going! Keep adding features only to withdraw them, keep the same formula of badges/evil team/E4.

Regigigas is in the illuminati- I'll explain why
Regigigas
Regigigas is a Pokemon
Pokemon has seven letters
the word "letters" has seven letters
7 + 7 = 14
The 14th episode of the Simpsons had Homer Simpson in it
Homer Simpson
Homer Simpson rhymes with Bart Simpson
Bart
Bart rhymes with navigational chart
navigating
the Chineese invented the compass
the compass has directions
one of the directions is north west
what does the direction north west rhyme with?
It's obvious
north west rhymes with north west, kim kardashian's baby
the word "kim" has 3 letters and 0 numbers in it
3 + 0 = 3
A triangle has 3 sides
The illuminati symbol is a triangle
Regigigas is a part of the illuminati

Wait, are their sprites and cries actually programmed into Generation III's games?

Yes and no. They are only programmed into Ruby and Sapphire, not any of the other Gen 3 games. Only their backsprites are in the games (with slightly different designs), and their cries are completely different.

Spr_b_4d_422b.png

I didn't actually know about the glitch either, but I looked it up on Youtube and found this video that shows it. You can get a time of 0:00 on the in-game clock, and a full 152 Pokémon in your Pokédex! :p

How do you get 152 Pokémon registered? Is the 152nd one Missingno.?

Regigigas is in the illuminati- I'll explain why
Regigigas
Regigigas is a Pokemon
Pokemon has seven letters
the word "letters" has seven letters
7 + 7 = 14
The 14th episode of the Simpsons had Homer Simpson in it
Homer Simpson
Homer Simpson rhymes with Bart Simpson
Bart
Bart rhymes with navigational chart
navigating
the Chineese invented the compass
the compass has directions
one of the directions is north west
what does the direction north west rhyme with?
It's obvious
north west rhymes with north west, kim kardashian's baby
the word "kim" has 3 letters and 0 numbers in it
3 + 0 = 3
A triangle has 3 sides
The illuminati symbol is a triangle
Regigigas is a part of the illuminati

If a Pokémon is part of the Illuminati, would that make it... the Breloominati? (#LamePunIsLame)

Yes and no. They are only programmed into Ruby and Sapphire, not any of the other Gen 3 games. Only their backsprites are in the games (with slightly different designs), and their cries are completely different.

View attachment 8207
I did know about the backsprites, but I thought they found those in the programming of Diamond and Pearl. Wouldn't someone have brought them up at some point when Shellos was first revealed? And I did know about the unused cries in R/S, but I never thought to attribute them to Shellos and Gastrodon.

I did know about the backsprites, but I thought they found those in the programming of Diamond and Pearl. Wouldn't someone have brought them up at some point when Shellos was first revealed? And I did know about the unused cries in R/S, but I never thought to attribute them to Shellos and Gastrodon.

It turns out I got my information wrong. The sprites are from Diamond and Pearl, but is was confirmed by GameFreak that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally planned for Gen 3.

How do you get 152 Pokémon registered? Is the 152nd one Missingno.?

No real way to tell since there's never a point in the glitched file where you can actually check your Pokédex or anything. The only place you see the "152" is in the little pop-up box in the Hall of Fame where it shows how many Pokémon you've seen and caught.

It turns out I got my information wrong. The sprites are from Diamond and Pearl, but is was confirmed by GameFreak that Shellos and Gastrodon were originally planned for Gen 3.
Ah, OK, yeah, that makes more sense. Still kinda cool that Shellos and Gastrodon were planned that far in advance, though I am glad they waited- from the beta backsprites, my guess is that there was originally just gonna be the one form, and that it was gonna be pink like the West Sea Shellos/Gastrodon (though in all fairness, the beta Gastrodon backsprite doesn't offer much in the way of clues), and I personally prefer the East Sea variety myself.

And a few more facts:

*In Black and White, all Basculin, regardless of form, could have Adaptability or Reckless, except that one Blue-Striped Basculin you got in an in-game trade, which had Rock Head. This was corrected in B2/W2, in that only Red-Striped Basculin got Reckless, and Blue-Striped ones got Rock Head instead. Furthermore, any Blue-Striped Basculin with Reckless that go through Pokémon Bank get their Ability changed to Rock Head, further cementing the fact that their availability with Reckless was unintentional.

*Low Sweep is the only instance of a move's base power being increased that did the move more harm than good- the power was upped from 60 to 65, making it ineligible for a boost from Technician, which was the only reason anyone ever used it.

*Hypnosis is the only move that was altered mid-generation- its accuracy was buffed to 70% for the beginning of Generation IV, then was nerfed back to 60% in Platinum. Frankly, I just don't get why they did that- I mean, the Acid Rain glitch, a debilitating, game-breaking bug, that's allowed to remain all generation, but oh, no, Arceus forbid Hypnosis hits slightly more often!

*Noibat and Noivern are the only dual Flying-types that have Flying as their primary type.

*Sand Stream is the only weather-inducing Ability that isn't anything's Hidden Ability.

*Yanmega is explicitly stated to be able to support an adult in flight, and yet it cannot learn Fly, whereas the likes of Pidgey and Fletchling get the move with no issue.

*FireRed and LeafGreen used the same Gym music as Ruby and Sapphire rather than redoing the original Gym music from Red/Green/Blue/Yellow (a bad move on their part if you ask me).

*Despite the abundance of Water/Flying-types, none of them can learn all aquatic HMs and Fly.

*If there was a Water/Dragon-type in Generation I, it would have had no weaknesses, due to the lack of Dragon moves that took type matchups into account (probably at least part of the reason Gyarados didn't get that typing, though I still don't get why they made it part Flying of all things).

*Yellow is the only game in which the player's starter can potentially have the type advantage against the rival's starter (not counting games in which you have multiple rivals so all three starters are accounted for); if the rival wins the battle in Oak's Lab, he evolves Eevee into Vaporeon, a Water-type, weak to the Electric-type Pikachu.

*Indeed, Yellow is the only game in which the rival's starter cannot possibly have the type advantage over the player's starter- there is no Ground-type Eeveelution, and that's Pikachu's only weakness. The closest he can come is evolving Eevee into Jolteon, which resists Pikachu's Electric moves.

*Despite the move dropping the whole voice recording gimmick, Chatter still cannot be Sketched.

*In Generation I, the Pokédex did not register Cerulean Cave as a location to find Pokémon. Anything that could only be found in there came up as having no known habitat.

*Ditto can be found in any location that has something to do with Mewtwo- Pokémon Mansion, where Mewtwo was born; Cerulean Cave, where Mewtwo can be found; Pokémon Village, just outside the Unknown Dungeon where Mewtwo can be found in X/Y. This adds credibility to the theory that Ditto is a failed Mew clone.

*In Red and Blue, the message at the beginning of battles originally had "The" at the beginning (IE: The BUG CATCHER wants to fight!). This was presumably dropped because of the grammatical issues it'd cause with battles against named characters.

*This one might appeal to Nuzlocke players- the area just outside the S.S. Anne, with the legendary truck, counts as part of the S.S. Anne as far as the game is concerned (meaning that if you got your Old Rod on you, you can score a Magikarp while you're there).

*The Magikarp Salesman in Unova will always sell you a Magikarp with a perfect Speed IV. Well, either that or I've gotten extraordinarily lucky in my research on the matter.

*Goodra is the only pseudo-legendary that has no type-based immunities to anything, and does not have a secondary type.

*Despite being Psychic-types, Slowpoke and Slowbro could only learn Reflect in Generation I- they are incompatible with the TM in today's games.

*There is a trick in Generation I allowing you to turn certain glitch Pokémon into Rhydon hybrids and back, allowing them to learn any TM Rhydon can learn. Most notably, this is the only way to teach Hyper Beam to a normal form Missingno. (the one with the monstrously high Attack stat, and STAB on Normal moves. :)).

*It is possible to get a level 100 Nidoking, Ivysaur/Venusaur, and Gengar in Red and Blue. Before battling Brock. If you picked Charmander.

*As a result of screwing around with that glitchy move you can get on Ditto, a low level Rattata I caught turned into a level 54 Hitmonchan. Let me repeat- the Hitmonchan was a Rattata!

*By switching the order of your items in battle and then catching the Missingno., you can clone two different items in one encounter.

- In the coding of the Gen 4 games, there are sprites for an Arceus with the glitch type "???".
493-Unknown.png
- Also in the Gen 4 games, their exists a backsprite for Bronzor that shows that it originally had two faces, one on each side.
Spr_b_4d_436b.png <---- Yes, this is a backsprite. It looks almost identical to its fronsprite, but it is actually a backsprite.

- There was a Pokémon RPG planned for the Nintendo 64DD, codenamed "Pocket Monsters RPG". However, due to the poor sales of the 64DD, it was quickly canceled.

- It is fairly common knowledge that Pokémon is short for "Pocket Monsters". However, that is not true. Pokémon is short for "Pokétta Monsuta", which roughly translates to "Pocket Monsters".

Last edited:
- A survey showed that the most forgettable/least recognisible Pokémon from each generation are Exeggutor (Gen 1), Corsola (Gen 2), Barboach (Gen 3), Mantyke (Gen 4), and Beheeyem (Gen 5) respectively.

- There is an invisible PC in the Celadon Hotel in Gen 1.

- Despite there being many Bug-Flying types, the only Bug types that can learn Fly are Genesect and Volcarona, neither of which are part Flying.

- Niue, an island territory of New Zealand, made a set of usable dollar coins to commemorate the popularity of the Pokémon games. The Niue coat of arms is on one side, and the other side features one of five Pokémon: Bulbasaur, Charmander, Meowth, Pikachu, or Squirtle.

- If the Language is set to Japanese in Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mewtwo will speak in full sentences during some of its victory poses. When set to English, Mewtwo only laughs. When set to Japanese, Mewtwo says: "I cannot lose!", "Why am I here?", and "Foolish."

- The Game Boy Camera had several images of Pokémon, and released almost 4 months earlier than Pokémon Red and Blue in North America, making the Game Boy Camera Pokémon's North American debut.

- A list of the top 100 Pokémon (up to Gen 4) made by IGN ranked Charizard at number one.

- In Red, Green, and Blue, no Pokémon could learn Kinesis, and was only usable through Metronome. It wasn't until Yellow that it could be learned by Kadabra and Alakazam.

- In X and Y, an NPC will trade you a Steelix named "Thumper". However, it is impossible to give that nickname to a Pokémon due to it containing the word "hump".

- In the Pokémon Stadium games, Electabuzz was mistakenly given six fingers on each hand.

- According to studies carried out by Iowa State University, the Pokéwalker is one of the most accurate pedometers ever.

- Pokémon Snap was first developed as a non-Pokémon game where the player simply took photos. The developers didn't think anyone would want to play the game, so they turned it into a Pokémon game to make it more appealing.

- Nidoqueen's entry stance in Pokémon Stadium was altered in the international release, as its Japanese stance showed it cupping its breasts.

- While developing Ruby and Sapphire, Gamefreak considered changing the number of Pokémon the player could have in their party and the number of moves a Pokémon could have in its moveset. However, the idea was later scrapped.

- For one day only in 1998, the city of Topeka, Kansas, renamed itself to "Topikachu" in honor of Pokémon's US debut.

- Pokémon holds a Guinness World Record for "Most Photosensitive Epileptic Seizures Caused by a TV Show".

- Ferrothorn, Ferroseed, Larvesta, Volcarona, and Nincada cannot learn attract despite having genders and being compatible with other TMs.

- Despite being genderless, Cryogonal can learn Attract.

- Magnemite and its evolutions have 11 resistances and 1 immunity, making them the most resistant Pokémon (excluding Shedinja).

- Because of the Color Case's ability to transfer items directly between the Gen 1 games, it is possible to face Sabrina as the second Gym Leader in Red, Blue, and Yellow, as long as a drink has been given to one of Saffron City's guards.

- Pokémon Red and Blue's sprites were criticized for not looking close enough to the Pokémon in the anime, despite the games coming out first. The sprites were modified in Yellow to better reflect the anime.

- In the German version of "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time", if you speak to Zelda while wearing the Keaton Mask, she will say "Was bist du denn? Ach, du bist eines dieser goldigen kleinen taschenmonster, oder?", which roughly translates as "What are you? Oh, you're one of those cute little Pocket Monsters... right?", referencing the visual similarities between the mask and Pikachu.

Last edited:
- The Game Boy Camera had several images of Pokémon, and released almost 4 months earlier than Pokémon Red and Blue in North America, making the Game Boy Camera Pokémon's North American debut.
Oh, man, the Game Boy Camera. I remember that.

- While developing Ruby and Sapphire, Gamefreak considered changing the number of Pokémon the player could have in their party and the number of moves a Pokémon could have in its moveset. However, the idea was later scrapped.
Why'd they scrap the idea, anyway? That would've been interesting.

- Ferrothorn, Ferroseed, Larvesta, Volcarona, and Nincada cannot learn attract despite having genders and being compatible with other TMs.
I never understood this, either. Well, except Nincada- obviously they didn't want to let Shedinja get Attract. Of course, Cryogonal kinda contradicts that...

*Despite Electric-types becoming immune to paralysis, Stunfisk is still able to have Limber. The Ability only sees use on Stunfisk if it changes its type with Reflect Type.

*Before Emerald gave out-of-battle effects to Abilities, the only Abilities with out-of-battle effects had no effect in battle. Of those Abilities, only Illuminate still lacks an in-battle use (and Honey Gather, though that was introduced later on).

*Honey Gather is the only Ability with no effect in battle that was introduced after Generation III.

*Fog is the only weather condition that has never gotten a move or Ability to activate, and is in fact the only one that has a move that dispels it.

*Despite specializing in Rock-types, Brock has only caught one Rock-type since his anime debut (and it took him years to do so), and in fact has the same amount of Rock-types currently as he did in his debut- two (Geodude and Sudowoodo- Onix lost its Rock typing upon evolution).

*Ever since James released his, there has never been another Weezing in the anime. Believe me, I know. In fact, only one Weezing besides James's has been seen in the anime, and it was in The Ultimate Test, on a rental team clearly inspired by Team Rocket in the first place.

*Azurill and Combee are the only Pokémon to have different gender ratios from their evolved forms. Of them, only Azurill is able to evolve regardless of gender.

*Only even-numbered generations have ever produced new evolutions for old Pokémon, whereas only odd-numbered generations have ever produced mushroom-based Pokémon. If the current pattern persists, the next generation will introduce a two-stage Grass-type evolution line based off of mushrooms that can have Effect Spore and can learn Spore, and will not introduce new evolutions for anything (not counting Mega Evolutions- no telling how they would fit into the pattern).

During the beta of Red and Blue, many Pokémon had different names. It is fairly common knowledge that Koffing and Weezing were originally called "Ny" and "La", but many more Pokémon had their names changed.

- Kakuna was "Kokoon". (Not very creative.)

- Pidgey and Pidgeot were "Pidge" and "Pidgeott".

- Rattata was "Rattatak". (This is actually its name in several other languages.)

- Ekans and Arbok were "Nagahiss" and "Nagaasp". (Much more creative than their actual names.)

- Sandslash was "Sandstorm". (Again, not very creative.)

- Vulpix and Nintales were "Foxfire" and "Ninetails" (See the difference? Tails instead of Tales?)

- Jigglypuff and Wigglytuff were "Pudding" and "Custard" (Imagine if those were their actual names. What would Igglybuff be called?)

- Oddish was "Ladish".

- Paras was "Parasyte".

- Growlithe and Arcanine were "Flamie" and "Blaze". (Once again, not very creative.)

- Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath were "Aqua", "Aquanaut", and "Aquamarine". (Aquanaut is a cool name, but the other two are yet again, not very creative.)

- Abra and Kadabra were "Hocus" and "Pocus". (Okay, what kind of magician says "Hocus pocus, alakazam"?!)

- Machap, Machoke, and Machamp were "Kara-tee", "Kung-foo", and "Ju-doh". (Seriously? They weren't even trying!)

- Rapidash was "Gallop. (Gallop? Really? Ugh.)

- Slowpoke was "Slowmo".

- Magnemite and Magneton were "Coil" and "Recoil". (To be fair, Coil is Magnemite's Japanese name, but I see why they changed Magneton's name. (Recoil was damaged by the recoil!))

- Farfetch'd was "Fowler".

- Doduo was "Dodo". (That is its Japanese name, but Doduo and Dodrio looks more like ostriches or emus than dodos.)

- Dewgong was "Manaty".

- Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar were "Spirit", "Spectre", and "Phantom". (What is with all these uncreative names?)

- Drowzee was "Sleeper". (Strangely enough, that's actually Hypno's Japanese name.)

- Kingler was "Kingle".

- Exeggcute and Exeggutor were "Eggstreme" and "Eggscute". (Were the names accidentally switched or something? It makes much more sense for Eggscute to evolve into Eggstreme, not the other way around.)

- Cubone and Marowak were "Orphon" and "Guardia". (I get it, it's a play on orphan and guardian. A subtle reference to Cubone's dead mother.)

- Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan were "Lee" and "Chan". (What made them decide to add "hitmon"?)

- Lickitung was "Tonguetyd".

- Chansey was "Lucky". (It is its Japanese name, but it's still uncreative.)

- Tangela was "Medusa".

- Goldeen and Seaking were "Goldy" and "Neptune".

- Scyther was "Stryke". (It's Japanese name is "Strike", differing only by one letter.)

- Gyarados was "Skulkraken". (Isn't that also the name of a Yu-Gi-Oh card?)

- Lapras was "Ness". (That's actually what I named my Lapras when I played Pokémon Y.)

- Ditto was "Morpho".

- Eevee was "Eon". (Makes sense, considering all Eeveelutions end in "Eon".)

- Porygon was "Poregon". (How exactly is that supposed to be pronounced, "poor-ee-gone", "poor-eh-gone", or "poor-gone"?)

- Omanyte and Omastar were "Ess" and "Kargo". (Seriously? Escargot?)

- Kabuto and Kabutops were "Att" and "Lantis". (I sorta understand "Ess-Kargo" since Omanyte and Omastar are snails, but what do trilobites have to do with Atlantis?!)

- Aerodactly was "Ptera". (Once again, its Japanese name.)

- Finally, Dratini and Dragonair were "Dragoon" and "Dragyn". (Dragoon is a cool name, but DRAGYN? That is literally "dragon" with a Y! Good thing this is the last one, so no more stupid uncreative names.)

Easy to see why those names didn't make the final cut. Well, most of them, anyway- Eggstreme at least I could see working.

Most of the original names are pretty bad, but I do like Nagahiss, Nagaasp, Aquanaut, Dragoon, Skulkraken, Morpho, Orphon, and Guardia.

Ever since James released his, there has never been another Weezing in the anime. Believe me, I know. In fact, only one Weezing besides James's has been seen in the anime, and it was in The Ultimate Test, on a rental team clearly inspired by Team Rocket in the first place.

This was true when you posted this fact, but a Weezing appeared in episode 881, which just aired earlier today in Japan. Although technically not episodes (more so movies than episodes), Weezing appeared in Destiny Deoxys, Giratina and the Sky Warrior, and Pokémon Origins.

Back