Discussion I Hope Gardevoir Gets Banned. I Seriously think it's too Overpowered.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
When Forest of Giant Plants was a thing, the problem was the stadium so it was banned. Grass types weren't banned, you ban the problem. Saying that just because Sylveon GX can be put in the Gardevoir GX deck that Gardevoir GX should be banned is idiotic. I really hate being combative online because I feel civil debate is best especially in these forums but your idea has zero weight to it and you are only complaining because you got beat by it. I play Metagross GX primarily but I do have Gardevior GX and with it I do as well sometimes play Sylveon GX. I too have Plea GX'd a Metagross player and what happened next turn, I got OHKO'd by a Metang with a Choice Band. Suck it up buddy, its not the card, its you.

Are you stupid? I didn't say Sylveon is the reason Gardevoir should be banned. You just choose to assume that because I mention Sylveon. Sylveon is another aspect of the deck but the reason Gardevoir should be banned is because you just slap whatever energies you want onto it and wala! You take out everything in sight aside from maybe Metagross.

I played a guy who dead drew but could only get a Rare Candy onto Ralts with DCE, 2nd Fairy energy, Choice Band, and Field Blower to remove my Fury Belt, he took a knock out on my Turtonator I think it was and yeah, I just didn't have anything set up just yet as it was early in game and he Guzma'ed next turn and it was over. You're saying that's not overpowered? I was powerless to do much about it. I had nothing to do that much damage to it and even if I did, in most games they usually get another one out and just toy with you some more.

I mention Volcanion, Bulu, etc because those are the decks I try but none of them stand up to Gardevoir. And Ninetales? Yeah, I drew Octillery, Remoraid, 3 water energies, DCE, Field Blower. I dead drew but I don't count those as losses. But I didn't want to even try ruining my outlook with Ninetales because I'm down on just about every deck at the moment. Garbotoxin killed my Volcanion and I just couldn't find a Field Blower so I lost. (but let me guess, it's my fault I lost even though I need abilities to win.)

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Yea Gardevoir GX is far from needing banned. Yveltal/Garb was the "BDIF" for a while but nobody complained about banning Yveltal EX.
Also, there are decks that you can play that beats Gardevoir GX. Igor Costa showed that it is doable with Volc. Drampa/Garb, VikaBulu, Metagross (if you hate it so much), Golisopod all can beat Gardevoir GX if you play well.

Memory

不安のない挑戦はない
I know it's futile to argue with Seastrome, but as the player playing against Gardevoir, you aren't required to sit and watch while Gardevoir loads up on energy.

Some tricks that can be used include Righteous Edge from Drampa-GX, playing Enhanced Hammer, setting up 2HKO by attacking with a basic beforehand (e.g. Volcanion with steam up), using attackers that don't use a lot of energy (e.g. Golisopod), locking abilities, Confuse harass (Espeon-GX), Po Town/Devolve...

There's a lot of counterplay to Gardevoir. Yes, a Gardevoir deck that draws perfectly will crush any deck not named Metagross, but most of the time, it doesn't draw everything it needs. Your goal playing against it is to increase the number of cards they need to draw at the right time, in the right order, and you use the tricks above.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Yeah, how am I supposed to win when my Rare candied Metagrosses get plea GXed? Not my fault my opponents get godly hands and I don't/
I dont know, maybe play Magerna EX. Your logic is painful and flawed

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I know it's futile to argue with Seastrome, but as the player playing against Gardevoir, you aren't required to sit and watch while Gardevoir loads up on energy.

Some tricks that can be used include Righteous Edge from Drampa-GX, playing Enhanced Hammer, setting up 2HKO by attacking with a basic beforehand (e.g. Volcanion with steam up), using attackers that don't use a lot of energy (e.g. Golisopod), locking abilities, Confuse harass (Espeon-GX), Po Town/Devolve...

There's a lot of counterplay to Gardevoir. Yes, a Gardevoir deck that draws perfectly will crush any deck not named Metagross, but most of the time, it doesn't draw everything it needs. Your goal playing against it is to increase the number of cards they need to draw at the right time, in the right order, and you use the tricks above.

I can't even beat it with Golisopod consistently and I have a 70% win percentage with that deck (which is shit). I have the worst luck because whenever I have stuff that might help, boom, gets N'ed away. You all don't see my games so you don't know.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Um no your wrong garb is a great card that can beat anything and can be splashed in allot so of course it killed mewtwo. Solgaleo is just one deck that won't make nearly the same impact as garb. By your logic in fact golisopod should be worthless cuz volcanion and volcanion should be worthless cuz gardevoir and both of decks have won major tournaments
I have actually heard a lot of talk of a 1-0-1 Solgaleo line being splashed, because every part of the card is good and there isnt a single deck that does not benefit from that ability.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I can agree with this. The card just takes away any neat decks you can make. Anything with three Energy attacks are unusable and two energy attacks are also in the nuke zone. If Gardey didn't have the ability or only counted basic energy on itself then it would be fair but right now its too hard to play around. The card is too good right now because of the x30 damage.

I honestly believe the real problem are the x20 and x30 attacks because of how easy they are to pull off and for a single energy too. I still like my idea of a Skarmory-GX with X-Ball.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I can agree with this. The card just takes away any neat decks you can make. Anything with three Energy attacks are unusable and two energy attacks are also in the nuke zone.

Arguments like these would work allot better if not for the fact that a volc deck litteraly just got first at a regionals.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
Just play Drampa/Garb. It's consistent and has at least a 50/50 matchup vs. Gardy.

Problem solved.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Just play Drampa/Garb. It's consistent and has at least a 50/50 matchup vs. Gardy.

Problem solved.
If you are going to run Drampa Garb, which I do recommend too, run a 1-1 Espeon-GX line. Psychic does massive damage against Gardy. Also, it may sound ridiculous, but Turtonator is also pretty solid vs. Gardy. FFB + 2 Steam Up KOs and you will only have one energy now.

xTITAN

Training Aspirer
If you are going to run Drampa Garb, which I do recommend too, run a 1-1 Espeon-GX line. Psychic does massive damage against Gardy.
Additionally, a Psybeam OHKOs a Psychic-type Ralts and if you poke a Ralts early with Drampa or Espeon, you can Divide-GX and KO 2 Ralts at once, really setting them back.

Rodzillaj3

Aspiring Trainer
Are you stupid? I didn't say Sylveon is the reason Gardevoir should be banned. You just choose to assume that because I mention Sylveon. Sylveon is another aspect of the deck but the reason Gardevoir should be banned is because you just slap whatever energies you want onto it and wala! You take out everything in sight aside from maybe Metagross.

I played a guy who dead drew but could only get a Rare Candy onto Ralts with DCE, 2nd Fairy energy, Choice Band, and Field Blower to remove my Fury Belt, he took a knock out on my Turtonator I think it was and yeah, I just didn't have anything set up just yet as it was early in game and he Guzma'ed next turn and it was over. You're saying that's not overpowered? I was powerless to do much about it. I had nothing to do that much damage to it and even if I did, in most games they usually get another one out and just toy with you some more.

I mention Volcanion, Bulu, etc because those are the decks I try but none of them stand up to Gardevoir. And Ninetales? Yeah, I drew Octillery, Remoraid, 3 water energies, DCE, Field Blower. I dead drew but I don't count those as losses. But I didn't want to even try ruining my outlook with Ninetales because I'm down on just about every deck at the moment. Garbotoxin killed my Volcanion and I just couldn't find a Field Blower so I lost. (but let me guess, it's my fault I lost even though I need abilities to win.)

So Gardevoir GX should be banned because you can accelerate energy but Metagross GX with Geotech System is fine? Metagross GX lets you throw extra energies as well. Should we ban it? You have no consistency or validity in your argument.

What's stopping a Metagross GX player from taking a Beldum with Rare Candy, adding a Choice Band, manually attaching, and Geotech System a 3rd energy if 1 was already attached? That kills so many in one shot out of no where as well. What's your point? Like everyone else here is saying, the fact you don't know how to compete against the deck is the only problem. It's not the worst thing because it probably is the BDIF but at the same time being a Metagross GX players yourself you just need to get better at it.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
So Gardevoir GX should be banned because you can accelerate energy but Metagross GX with Geotech System is fine? Metagross GX lets you throw extra energies as well. Should we ban it? You have no consistency or validity in your argument.

What's stopping a Metagross GX player from taking a Beldum with Rare Candy, adding a Choice Band, manually attaching, and Geotech System a 3rd energy if 1 was already attached? That kills so many in one shot out of no where as well. What's your point? Like everyone else here is saying, the fact you don't know how to compete against the deck is the only problem. It's not the worst thing because it probably is the BDIF but at the same time being a Metagross GX players yourself you just need to get better at it.

Does Metagross has a set number it can hit for. Gardevoir? It's INFINITE Force. You're trying to compare 2 different cards with different damage outputs. I've had Golisopod with one energy smashed up because they got 2 Gardevoirs out, and had all the energies and Choice Band. And once they have that, it's over because anything you send out is done for. I have over 70% win percentage with Golisopod, I know how to play the deck. There just isn't anything I can do to prevent the Gardevoirs from coming out and wrecking me. (with Golisopod) Acerola can help if they don't have the knock out but all they have to do next turn is attach more to the Gardevoir and take the knock out. Then what? Please tell me what my course of action is in that scenario? Because there isn't much that can be done at that point, which is why i'm arguing it's overpowered. At least with cards like Metagross and Golisopod, they have set damage outputs which is relevant because you can at least buy time to try to get a knock out. And Metagross needs 2-3 of them out to be effective with regards of retreating, Max Potion. You could argue the same for Gardevoir but having one can sometimes be enough.

Do I need to play Enhanced Hammers in Golisopod now?

triplemo

Aspiring Trainer
Gardevoir should not be banned. It can still lose, and there won't be a ban because of the new solgaleo coming out

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion is a broken deck though.
I agree that there is a busted factor to it, with Turtonator-GX easily reaching 250 damage. But the fact that it won one recent regional does not mean that it is dominant with no room for other decks, like Shiftry with FOGP in Expanded or ShayToad back in 2015 with Lysandre’s Trump Card. Volc is just like any other deck in that it has good matchups, like Metagross and Golisopod, and bad matchups, like Greninja (which Igor somehow beat) and Gardevoir (even though my Turtonator deck seems to walk through it). I would quit whining about stuff being broken, though. It should not be a term to be taken lightly and the only broken cards throughout history for me were Slowking Neo Genesis and Lysandre’s Trump Card.

Rodzillaj3

Aspiring Trainer
I've literally spent the last 30 days on the open ocean but think I've seen more salt from this dude in the last couple days than I've had pass under my ass.