Discussion I Hope Gardevoir Gets Banned. I Seriously think it's too Overpowered.

If you complain about Plea-GX beating Metagross why are you petitioning to ban Gardevior GX. Shouldn't your argument be to ban Sylveon GX. This is just misplaced anger.

Nope, you're wrong. I had a very slow start but I was able to get somewhat setup. My opponent had EVERYTHING to win. Plea GX, energies galore, N, etc, etc. I'm not bad because I have an 80% win with Volcanion and a 75% win rate with Golisopod. Gardevoir is bad for the game because if you dead draw, you lose to it.

I used Gardevoir for a league cup and I dead drew against a Ho-Oh Kiawe turn 1, and dead drew vs Golisopod where he Guzma'd every turn to pick off my set up Kirlias. But I'm sure i'm "Bad" because I should've shuffled better or something. Please refrain from ever saying someone is bad unless you know the whole story.
At that point you lose because you didn't draw well. That happens to everyone that plays. And even if Gardy was banned it would do more harm to the format then Help to the format. Gardy is changing the format and if it is banned many things will change and it won't be worth it to ban it.

It's unfair because I take the knock out with a Turtonator and whats my opponent do? DCE, Choice Band, Secret Spring, Field Blower my Fury Belt, etc. After that, I have nothing that can one shot it and they just Guzma up and take prizes. There is no way to defend against that. I take early knock outs? Yeah doesn't matter, they get out the Gardevoirs and it's all downhill from there.

What deck can consistently beat Gardevoir that is a consistent deck? I'll wait...

I use Volcanion and I take the knock out with a Turtonator on a Gardevoir and whats my opponent do? DCE, Choice Band, Secret Spring, Field Blower my Fury Belt, etc. After that, I have nothing that can one shot it and they just Guzma up and take prizes. There is no way to defend against that. I take early knock outs? Yeah doesn't matter, they get out the Gardevoirs and it's all downhill from there.

Even with Golisopod, a one energy attacker, they just slap a bunch of energies down on a single Gardevoir and that's game. And these are my 2 decks I play the best with but Gardevoir is so overpowered it doesn't matter how I play.

It's unfair because I take the knock out with a Turtonator and whats my opponent do? DCE, Choice Band, Secret Spring, Field Blower my Fury Belt, etc. After that, I have nothing that can one shot it and they just Guzma up and take prizes. There is no way to defend against that. I take early knock outs? Yeah doesn't matter, they get out the Gardevoirs and it's all downhill from there.

What deck can consistently beat Gardevoir that is a consistent deck? I'll wait...
Use small volc to charge multiple attackers at once? Don’t think it’s that hard.

If i am gonna complain about any card in the current meta its mother fudging guzma. Its so annoying.

This is hilarious. Seastrome is the same guy who made a thread claiming gardevoir was too hard to play and that golisopod was a better deck.

oh the irony

Use small volc to charge multiple attackers at once? Don’t think it’s that hard.

I did that strategy. Didn't work. It just all went his way in the end. I just used Bulu and all he did was start Ralts, next turn Rare Candy, and that was that. He beat me down with his lone Gardy because he had Guzma's to hit anything I tried to set up and I only had 1 grubbin, but he took that out.

It's so powerful a deck that he only had to use a lone Gardevoir with no other pokemon on field to win.

This is hilarious. Seastrome is the same guy who made a thread claiming gardevoir was too hard to play and that golisopod was a better deck.

oh the irony

Too hard to play in a best of 1 format. You draw bad in a best of 1 tournament, your chances of going far decrease. And Golisopod in theory should beat Gardevoir because of the ability to Acerola and recycle First Impressions for a 2 hit knock out. It doesn;t always work out like that though and doesn't see as much play right now because of Volcanion.

Too hard to play in a best of 1 format. You draw bad in a best of 1 tournament, your chances of going far decrease. And Golisopod in theory should beat Gardevoir because of the ability to Acerola and recycle First Impressions for a 2 hit knock out. It doesn;t always work out like that though and doesn't see as much play right now because of Volcanion.
Have you ever been to a Regional? Spoilers: It's not best of 1. Tournaments are not best of 1 for that exact reason.

I did that strategy. Didn't work. It just all went his way in the end. I just used Bulu and all he did was start Ralts, next turn Rare Candy, and that was that. He beat me down with his lone Gardy because he had Guzma's to hit anything I tried to set up and I only had 1 grubbin, but he took that out.

It's so powerful a deck that he only had to use a lone Gardevoir with no other pokemon on field to win.
Are we talking about volc or are we talking about VikaBulu?

Have you ever been to a Regional? Spoilers: It's not best of 1. Tournaments are not best of 1 for that exact reason.
The league Cup i went to was. I went 2-3 with Gardevoir and in 2 of those losses I had bad starts. And since it was best of 1, wasn't much I could do about it. In hindsight, Gardevoir was a poor choice for a best of 1 tournament.

The league Cup i went to was. I went 2-3 with Gardevoir and in 2 of those losses I had bad starts. And since it was best of 1, wasn't much I could do about it. In hindsight, Gardevoir was a poor choice for a best of 1 tournament.
The problem is the tournament then.

The problem is the tournament then.

Really? Because I thought most league cups were best of 1? I could have been 3-2 but I lost in a very close mirror match where my opponent just got everything she needed at the end. (mirror matches are difficult because it's all about who gets what first.)

But yeah, I still dislike the deck. I realize it's only me that thinks the way I do about it but meh.

Because it's a part of the deck...

When Forest of Giant Plants was a thing, the problem was the stadium so it was banned. Grass types weren't banned, you ban the problem. Saying that just because Sylveon GX can be put in the Gardevoir GX deck that Gardevoir GX should be banned is idiotic. I really hate being combative online because I feel civil debate is best especially in these forums but your idea has zero weight to it and you are only complaining because you got beat by it. I play Metagross GX primarily but I do have Gardevior GX and with it I do as well sometimes play Sylveon GX. I too have Plea GX'd a Metagross player and what happened next turn, I got OHKO'd by a Metang with a Choice Band. Suck it up buddy, its not the card, its you.

Once the new Solgaleo-GX comes out, Gardevoir will become extinct anyway.

Back