Discussion How Viable will Tapu Lele be in the Post-Rotation?

Cobrafilms

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing how VS Seeker is being rotated, assuming there isn't a reprint, we will have to run a thicker supporter line. How viable will Tapu Lele be in the new format without VS Seeker and Shaymin? Will 1 it be a necessity in every deck, 2, or will it not see play?

Also, is N staying for another year or not?

Thanks!

N is in fates collide so it will definitely be back unless they rotate an unprecedented 7 sets. With shaymin and vs seeker being rotated tapu lele will definitely be a staple one of in every day seeing it can attack for 2 colorless. has no weakness. and one retreat. I really do not see my self playing any less than 2 in any deck honestly

Will be seeing a lot of Lele + Super Scoop Up in play since the latter is coming back.
I wonder if there'll be any cards with effects similar to AZ or Ninjaboy post-rotation....

Lele > Shaymin. It's been that way for at least 2 weeks now. Honestly, just run 2 Lele and no Shay. Given how the magic number rn is 130, a simple Lysandre and swing into Shay is an easy af two prizes. And yes, SSU for Lele will be the play of the format, as it's just too strong not to use, so you might want to pick 1-2 to replace the shays.

I agree. Tapu Lele will be more of a staple post rotation since there are so many other useful supporters currently and coming out in the coming sets other than VS Seeker.

Just when Tapu Lele went out, I thought it will shortly reach price of Shaymin EX at that time (~$50), but it still stays on $40. Although, after VS Seeker will rotate out, and we will not get any other card that finds/restores Supporters, I think that Lele's price will go wild, even to $80.

@taschen88 Good catch with SSU, as I remember it was also a common practice with Jirachi EX.

Im not sure how many of you played the TCG back around the 2012ish era, but we had no VS Seeker. All it was was thick Supporter lines, and lots of Skyla; plus Jirachi EX, but even that was not expensive and waas mostly used as 1. Tapu Lele has almost twice the HP and a better attack, so I can see IT being a 2 of (or more).

The people who played back then would know, even with no VS Seeker, it was all good :).

Im not sure how many of you played the TCG back around the 2012ish era, but we had no VS Seeker. All it was was thick Supporter lines, and lots of Skyla; plus Jirachi EX, but even that was not expensive and waas mostly used as 1. Tapu Lele has almost twice the HP and a better attack, so I can see IT being a 2 of (or more).

The people who played back then would know, even with no VS Seeker, it was all good :).
I remember those times...

Lele GX is a cross between Jirachi-EX and Lugia-EX, definitely superior to Shaymin-EX.
I have this nagging feeling that I've saved up ROS packs, they won't be valuable soon enough... and that GRI will probably be the new "gold standard" pack for 1.0 value. :eek:

Back