Help How useful is my Umbreon GX?

Shadow The Zoroark

I am Shadow, Shadow the Hedgehog
I want to use it but I am honestly not sure how decent it is, so I need a bit of help.
SM1_EN_80.png

It basically can't get anywhere with Buzzwole calling the shots. Bench damage is nice, but Buzzwole can do the same amount of damage most of the time on only a single energy, plus it's weak to Buzz.

It might be ok as a counter to Malamar decks, maybe a deck where you split Umbreon/Espeon could be possible. Although, in fairness I'm not sure how good that would be.

It might be ok as a counter to Malamar decks, maybe a deck where you split Umbreon/Espeon could be possible. Although, in fairness I'm not sure how good that would be.

Most Darkness-based decks can take on Malamar due to the fact that any Darkness card that can hit 90 or harder (60 or or harder with a Band) can OHKO DW-Necrozma, which if KO'd robs your opponent of some serious momentum. If you want to root out Malamar so you can take out one of (Ultra) Necrozma's pylons, Guzma and a strong attacker do it more efficiently (I'm assuming you're talking about using Shadow Bullet to hit the Malamars). Now, one thing you could do is use Shadow Bullet to put damage on Necrozma (although with Ultra Necrozma you'll likely need a Flying Flip or something first) then use Zoroark with a band to knock it out later, that could actually work well in theory, but it requires two evolution lines (although Energy Evolution alleviates that a bit) and you've got a big Buzzwole weakness so you need a countermeasure for that (such as Mewtwo or Mew, both of which rotate soon so don't get attached to them).

Last edited:
It basically can't get anywhere with Buzzwole calling the shots. Bench damage is nice, but Buzzwole can do the same amount of damage most of the time on only a single energy, plus it's weak to Buzz.
I’m off to buy all the Pokèmon cards in the shop to try and get buzzwole then XD

Back