Help How To Make A M Gardevoir-EX STS Deck Work?

Adrien von Ardel

Aspiring Trainer
So I know this isn't quite the format that the guidelines requests, but that's because I'm not even faintly certain of any deck idea. I've been wanting to get into Pokemon TCG for a while now and have been wanting to run a fairy deck, but I'm not that good at the TCG yet and I certainly do not know what is good and what is not, so I was hoping I could get some help and suggestions on how I could make a fairy deck that would work. And preferably I was wondering if there was anyway Steam Siege Mega Gardevoir could be used because I feel the ability to sack near dead mons and deny your opponent prize cards could be useful, but I don't really know. If you have any suggestions regarding this card or any fairy decks at all, I'd appreciate the advice.

Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Player Help as the Deck Garage is for posting your full 60-card decklists to recieve advice. ~bbninjas

Here is a pretty great article to help start you out.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/11/despair-ray-tion-tactics

While the list itself may be a little less clean than the standard list is these days, the idea remains the same. Play a lot of Hoopa EX and Shaymin EX alongside M Gardevoir for tons of search etc, then sacrifice them to make sure they aren't OHKO'd by Lysandre plays while increasing your damage output. Another great card that has seen play recently in this deck is Ratata from Evolutions and, to a slightly less extent, Raticate from the same set. Ratata discards tools from the Active Pokemon, which is VERY good right now considering we don't have any other really good tool removal at the moment (Fright Night Yveltal is NOT tool removal. That said, card is very good nonetheless). Raticate can discard Energy and then hit rather hard in the later stages of the game once Special Energies are in the opponent's discard pile. This is useful because nearly every top end deck runs Special Energy in some form.

Luckily, you have picked a deck that is pretty established right now, so there should be a lot of information on this site and others. I hope this helps and I hope you enjoy the PTCG!

-Asmer

Back