BW/BW2 How to detect a cheater.

Eldír

☆Aiming for the Stars☆
So I started playing around with GTS negotiatons and Random Matchup, but there was a guy that showed me the 3 starters all level 1 and after, the 3 evoluted starters at level 100.

I logged off.

My question is if there is a way to detect a cheater can someone tell me?

The starter Pokemon can be gotten at level 1 through breeding. It isn't that hard to level up a Pokemon to 100.

I do know when a Pokemon gets put in the GTS it won't be allowed to be traded for if it is hacked. I would presume the GTS Random Matchup does the same thing.

Oh, really?

How do you hack a pokemon, its impossible without a Gameshark right?

Action Replay is how or dumby GTS servers. We don't allow the discussion of either of those on the forum since they aren't legal.

On things like GTS it's near impossible to tell since it shows stats at a glance. If you go into detail, such as looking at where it's met, what its moves are, natures matching up (if it's something like a shiny Nintendo event), and so on, you can detect inconsistencies.
Basically, you look for what would be totally impossible via any non-cheating means, or at least extremely unlikely.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
On things like GTS it's near impossible to tell since it shows stats at a glance. If you go into detail, such as looking at where it's met, what its moves are, natures matching up (if it's something like a shiny Nintendo event), and so on, you can detect inconsistencies.
Basically, you look for what would be totally impossible via any non-cheating means, or at least extremely unlikely.

They should allow you to do that anyway, since some people might have more specific preferences on what they're looking for outside of species, level, and gender.

So if someone offers me a shiny Giratyna...that person is probably a cheater?

What does the natures, where it was meet and moves has to do about cheating?

Eldír said:
So if someone offers me a shiny Giratyna...that person is probably a cheater?

What does the natures, where it was meet and moves has to do about cheating?

Level, location data, abilities, and movesets are all telltale signs of cheating/hacking. You can easily tell a Pokemon was not legitimately obtained if any of those things are off. For instance, if you see that a Reshiram was caught on Rt. 1, you know it has to be hacked since Reshiram cannot be caught there. Same thing with movesets and abilities, if you see the Pokemon has a move or ability that can't be obtained normally, they probably hacked it. Shininess doesn't outright say if the Pokemon is hacked, although that usually raises a red flag since shiny Pokemon are extremely rare. Some Pokemon are programmed not to be shiny though (notably non-shiny event Pokemon, Reshiram and Zekrom if you catch them in N's Castle, and DW and Hidden Hollow Pokemon).

I got a shiny Giratina from a cousin, who got it from someone else. I'm guessing it was hacked, since its location is completely different from where it can be caught. I didn't even know that until after the trade.

So yeah, it'd be obivously hacked with location data, level, and other stuff, like Bolt said.

By far the biggest giveaway is shiny. I never trade for shinies because people who legitimately get a shiny tend to keep them.

Also, on GTS another thing that pisses me off is when someone asks for a level -9 Zekrom.

Cheaters

This is likely because they are trying to clone using the GTS method.

I've traded hacked Pokemon on the GTS, so it's not completely foolproof.

PMJ said:
I've traded hacked Pokemon on the GTS, so it's not completely foolproof.

Same, although it's harder to do so with legendaries, they block most hacked legendaries. IIRC, you can only get away with trading hacked legendaries if you can imitate the location and level caught.

King Arceus said:
I do know when a Pokemon gets put in the GTS it won't be allowed to be traded for if it is hacked. I would presume the GTS Random Matchup does the same thing.

Yes, the RM blocks hacks (or what it can tell is a hack). You will receive the following message once entered:

"Something's wrong with one of your Pokemon! [insert another sentence I can't remember here]. Dissconnecting from Nintendo WFC."

Back