• 16-18

Votes: 8 21.1%

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • 21+

Votes: 6 15.8%

• Total voters
Legendsneverdie said:
well I m not exactly saying that... but you mean to tell me if u got up to some really hot women somewhere.. I mean a gourgous chick.. an I tell her "hey I play pokemon".. chances are she'd never talk to me again...

Okay, I felt compelled to say this:

Dude there are plenty of hot chicks that play Pokemon, I know because my girlfriend is one of them. (She's so cute WPM took a picture of here at So Cal Regionals.) Pokemon isn't a "dude only" type of game, the way Magic is. There might not be that many 18+ women on the circuit but they are out there. Also, don't be ashamed of telling people you play Pokemon, when your first meet them or at all. I'm 23 and everybody at my job knows I'm obssesed with Pokemon, it hasn't changed their view of me. My friends and family know, and they all still love me. If you have to hide who you are, you're living like a coward, you know?

Pokemon isn't a "dude only" type of game, the way Magic is.

As opposed to most of these Magic players, also, a lot of Pokemon players keep themselves clean, have lives and ambitions as opposed to those who fork out hundreds of dollars off their paycheck to merely play their game all the time.

People need to get a reality check and realize that playing a game, is playing a game. Whether the image is childish or not, its the same thing anyone else is doing, and maybe we enjoy it. Magic players are just as dorky as pokemon players, and IMHO a lot less mature (not saying all of you are, but I've met a lot of M:TG players who are full of themselves and utter jerkoffs)

I'm 22. Have a girlfriend who is one of the greatest people in the world, I go to school, have hopes and dreams, a well paying job and a sufficient working car. I play pokemon, I enjoy playing pokemon because kiddish image aside, its addicting and causes you to use your brain.

Post this at the gym and watch how quickly you get laughed at and your topic closed since you apparently only did this to grief.

Naki Feralkin said:
Pokemon isn't a "dude only" type of game, the way Magic is.

As opposed to most of these Magic players, also, a lot of Pokemon players keep themselves clean, have lives and ambitions as opposed to those who fork out hundreds of dollars off their paycheck to merely play their game all the time.

People need to get a reality check and realize that playing a game, is playing a game. Whether the image is childish or not, its the same thing anyone else is doing, and maybe we enjoy it. Magic players are just as dorky as pokemon players, and IMHO a lot less mature (not saying all of you are, but I've met a lot of M:TG players who are full of themselves and utter jerkoffs)

I'm 22. Have a girlfriend who is one of the greatest people in the world, I go to school, have hopes and dreams, a well paying job and a sufficient working car. I play pokemon, I enjoy playing pokemon because kiddish image aside, its addicting and causes you to use your brain.

Post this at the gym and watch how quickly you get laughed at and your topic closed since you apparently only did this to grief.

dont tell me what i wrote this thread for. how could u know? u cant. exactly. i wrote this thread for the discussion and the 100% real image that pokemon seems to be immature to others who dont play. even though i m addicted, i can admit its not one of the most "adult" things to be occupied with.

/end thread.

Legendsneverdie said:
I m almost 22... I m 5'11, 220 lbs and a bodybuilder.. I can prolly beet most ya up on this site (no offesne)...

but seriously maybe I should get into magic? isnt this game for really young kids? I feel ashamed sometimes to admit that I recently started collecting some pokemon cards since I m older then the target age group for this game.. Maybe cause im in college studyin to be a engineer I need some "magical non-realistic place" to escape to.. or maybe I ve become attracted to this game cause I recently stoped playin addicting battlenet games.. I duno

discuss

Most of us here are high then the target age group, im just 14 and higher then the target. However i find that most people at the leagues/PRs/whatever are all higher then the target age. You're fine, so play and be merry!

Wow man you and i are almost exactly the same i have the same problem and concern i just turn 22 im also into weights been for a couple of years now, i just finish college and moved in with my girlfriend. All my family and friends think is childdish but i cant help it i need that escape from normal crappy life. Ive been into pokemon on and off all my life but got really into it since last year with the dimond and pearl realese. Ive only played the game with my younger brother, i really want to get into it like go to the tournaments and stuff so i can meet people and make friends that like pokemon but i just dont have the guts to do so i get really really embaress just thinking of it. Im really getting tired of sharing this forbiden hobby alone..im open to suggestions. BLASTOISE FOR LIFE!

Im 14, i'm 6' 1' and 150lb, I also work out and could beat up anyone in my Pokemon League (well, not quite I don't have a inner anger to do something like that). But any way, I meet people who are 35 and still play. I prefer playing against people who are older because they play correctly, have strategy, and are fun people. I only play younger kids if 1) Their is seriously no one else or 2) its a special request from Will (an employee I respect). In all honestly I would enjoy it more if there was an age limit. Also note that their is noone under 12 so far. Probably because they lack initiative.

EDIT: Looking back that was maybe a little harsh, but i'm still stickin with my guns.

ZoraGenin said:
Im 14, I'm 6' 1' and 150lb, I also work out and could beat up anyone in my Pokemon League (well, not quite I don't have a inner anger to do something like that). But any way, I meet people who are 35 and still play. I prefer playing against people who are older because they play correctly, have strategy, and are fun people. I only play younger kids if 1) Their is seriously no one else or 2) its a special request from Will (an employee I respect). In all honestly I would enjoy it more if there was an age limit. Also note that their is noone under 12 so far. Probably because they lack initiative.

EDIT: Looking back that was maybe a little harsh, but I'm still stickin with my guns.

how do u become involved in pokemon leagues?

I'm 12 and I can't beat anyone up.

:D

Although this thread asks how old you are, the topic of the thread is actually about whether one can be too old to play Pokémon. Take a look at the first post again to get a better sense of what the thread is about. ~DRK176

Back