Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

RE: Is the Card I Pulled a Shining Charizard Misprint?

It is a misprint. Misprints in are so common in English that it could lower the value. Its harder to find a prefect card.

I was opening Call of Legends packs tonight when I noticed 1 of the cards I pulled was Damaged. Almost looks like something spilled on it and it ate away at the card Im thinking from how it smells might be a cleaning solution that somehow spilled on it but didn't damage any of the other cards in the pack.

Attachments

• IMG_20150507_233942.jpg
    IMG_20150507_233942.jpg
    755.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20150507_233840.jpg
    IMG_20150507_233840.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20150507_231428.jpg
    IMG_20150507_231428.jpg
    871.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20150507_231423.jpg
    IMG_20150507_231423.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 44
I found a Misprint card tonight in a XY Base Pack :)

It has a misshaped diamond on the border of the card :)

Its hard to tell in my photo because my phone doesn't do close ups very well...

Hopefully someday I'll get a portable scanner.

Attachments

• IMG_20150508_224441.jpg
    IMG_20150508_224441.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20150508_224448.jpg
    IMG_20150508_224448.jpg
    685.4 KB · Views: 35
I have this misprint , help [Primal Groudon EX]

Hi everyone, I have a Primal Groudon EX misprint. I attached some pictures to show you. As you can see it looks like the factory cut the card wrong and left that imprint on the top of the card. Also, it cut the top off at a slight angle. Are misprints worth anything? Is the fact that it's on a rare card add to the value of it? Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm new and just started collecting cards again. If anyone can help me that'd be great and much appreciated.

Thanks

That's pretty cool, I think there was a error run of flashfire in which some of the cards were ribbed like your primal groudon-EX
I've never seen cards that badly miscut, though wizards of the coast did have a "problem" with accidentaly square-cutting cards rather than rounding the edges.

3 Landorus-EX, 3 Hawlucha, 2 Strong Energy, 1 Life Dew, 1 Dowsing Machine, 1 Colress, and 1 Gengar Regionals Deck Box
FOR
1 SR Ultra Ball and 1 Malamar EX.
Even trade or no?

3 Landorus-EX, 3 Hawlucha, 2 Strong Energy, 1 Life Dew, 1 Dowsing Machine, 1 Colress, and 1 Gengar Regionals Deck Box
FOR
1 SR Ultra Ball and 1 Malamar EX.
Even trade or no?
No. I mean the Ultra Ball alone is $65. The 3 Landorus EX, Life Dew, Dowsing Machine, Colress, and Deck Box come to ~$60 and the rest is pocket change, but since most of those cards are rotating out in September that number is probably too high. I would say the value is closer to $50. (sources: TCGPlayer, eBay)

The trade is definitely weighted against whoever has the Ultra Ball.

So I ordered a bunch of singles off of troll and toad, among them was a Jolteon holo from jungle (4/64) but instead I got this card...

Knowing Troll and toad they always mess up at least one card every order; So I called them saying they gave me a jolteon holo from base set instead of jungle... And they are sending me a free replacment

Looking further into the card it has the right # For the jungle set... Base set is out if 102 i think? Was there even a jolteon holo released in base set? Because this card has no symbol the same as the base set... But the # is from jungle?

That's actually an uncommon error from the Jungle set. Some holos were printed without the set logo, but I can assure you that your Jolteon is from the Jungle set.

Don't forget some of the Electrode cards in that set had no Jungle set logo as well. An old friend of mine had one from his brother and there was no set symbol. Wizards of the Coast did not have as many errors as we see now however.:)

I actually have two Jolteon like that. In fact, I have every jungle holo with no symbol on it. I actually think it's kind of a neat little error.

There was of course no Jolteon released in base set.

I actually have two Jolteon like that. In fact, I have every jungle holo with no symbol on it. I actually think it's kind of a neat little error.

There was of course no Jolteon released in base set.
lol it just caught me off guard lol.... Well now I'm getting a free non error holo thanks to troll and toad lol

I understand, it caught me off guard the first time I saw it too. For me this was back before one could find everything one wanted to on the internet if one knew where to go (in fact it was before I had internet at all outside of school). I knew it was a misprint but didn't realize how much it really went through.

Got this from a Flashfire Booster box can I have an estimated value (the error is that black and gold stuff)
IMG_5440.JPG

I have a 2014 Xerneas, 2010 Unknown, 2010 Jirachi, 2009 Lv. X Gallade, 2009 Lv. 55 Giratina, 2009 GL Lv. X Floatzel, 2009 G Lv.78 Palkia,2009 Lv. 44 Shaymin(Land Form), 2009 GL Lv. 55 Inferape, and a GL Lv. X Luxray. What should i sell each one for?

I have a 2014 Xerneas, 2010 Unknown, 2010 Jirachi, 2009 Lv. X Gallade, 2009 Lv. 55 Giratina, 2009 GL Lv. X Floatzel, 2009 G Lv.78 Palkia,2009 Lv. 44 Shaymin(Land Form), 2009 GL Lv. 55 Inferape, and a GL Lv. X Luxray. What should i sell each one for?

This is rather ambiguous; it's hard to figure out which cards you mean with just this data. For example, there are 6 different Xerneas cards with a 2014 copyright date. You may wish to use PokéBeach's card search (the "TCG" tab at the top of the forum!) to find out more information about the cards so that we can help you better, for example which set they are from (or if they're a promo card) and what type of card (which Unown, if the holos are regular holos or reverse holos, etc.).

I'm looking to find the value of these cards! If anyone that's into Japanese collecting could help me out I'd be very happy :)

* All the cards are Japanese and pack fresh. No scratches or edgewear etc. *

Celebi EX (1st) Cold Flare - Mint/GM
Bianca Full Art (1st) Cold Flare - Mint/GM
W-Kyurem EX (1st) Cold Flare - Mint/GM
Computer Search (1st) Cold Flare - Mint/GM

Ursaring Prime (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM
Crobat Prime (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM
Meganium Prime (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM
Feraligatr Prime (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM
Ampharos Prime (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM

Lugia Legend (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM (both halves)
Ho-Oh Legend (1st) HG/SS - Mint/GM (both halves)

I am trying to find the values of these cards also (I looked them on eBay and looks like they are worth $65 for all 4 or more without PSA grading and without being 1st edition), they are all mint and fresh out of the packs, from the Wild Blaze Korean XY2 series:

Mega Kangaskhan EX (90/80 Wild Blaze) Gold bordered (secret rare)
Mega Charizard EX (55/80 Wild Blaze)
Mega Kangaskhan EX (65/80 Wild Blaze) Normal bordered
Magnezone EX (30/80 Wild Blaze)

Also if anyone is interested in trading for these, pm me :p

NM/M Corocoro shining Mew ungraded
I have prices all over for it, but I don't know what to value it at.

Hi
I recently pulled a 1st ED Japanese Shaymin EX Full Art (Roaring Skies), from what i saw on ebay, the prices vary a lot, one of them even PSA graded and listed at $200.
So, how much is this actually worth?
Thanks

Back