Help How much are my cards worth?

Mickel Lu

Aspiring Trainer
Hi all,

I went digging into my old room at my parents' house and found quite a lot of Pokémon cards. I was wondering how much they are worth, could you guys help me out?

These are the different type of sets I have and brief summary of interesting cards and other Pokémon items:
  • TV Animation Edition: Holo Ivysaur, Zubat, Parasect, Primeape, Machop
  • Base set 1999 (Mainly English & Dutch cards):
    • Holo's: Alakazam, Clefairy, Gyarados English with the nr printing error, Gyarados (1st ed), Poliwrath, Machamp (1st ed), Magneton, Mewto, Raichu, Venusaur (FR)
    • Overall a mix of English, Dutch, French and Italian cards. A lot of double common cards in Dutch and English.
  • Jungle set 1999 (Mainly Dutch):
    • Holos: Mr. Mime, Vaporeon, Flareon, Snorlax
    • First Edition: Flareon, Jolteon, Snorlax (German), Exeggutor, Fearow, Nidorina, Rydon and more
  • Fossil set 1999 and Team Rocket 2000:
    • Not many, but a Gengar
  • Neo Genesis 2000:
    • Holo Feraligatr and First Edition Quagsire
  • Neo Destiny 2002:
    • Dark Ursaring, Light Machamp
  • Skyridge 2003:
    • Holos: Aerodactyl! , Kabuto, Misdreavus, Zubat (118), Friend ball
    • Rares: Beedrill, Jolteon, Dewgong, Forretress, Houndoom, Raikou
  • EX Ruby & Sapphire 2003:
    • Holos or Reverse Holo: Camerupt, Poochyena, Professor Birch
  • Promo cards from the movies:
    • Electabuzz, Mewto 3, Mewto 14, 2 Holo Entei
  • Other non-trading card items:
    • Action Flipz & Marbles
You can view all cards on
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/28t8y0hzb3jxjmz/AABNVXzvYE1LwpNSOjo5Osb-a?dl=0

Depending on the card to card and series, but I would say most near "mint" and a few damaged. Mostly the ones I traded with other kids are damaged, however I have never played with the cards, just I collected them. To give an example (on the picture): TV edition ones have some bad edges (Ivysaur). On IMG_3449 you can see that the Base set Holo Alakazam, Gyrados (ENG), Venusaur (FR) are "damaged", you can see the "silver" scratches and edges due to being traded heavily. As well the Gyrados (Dutch 1st ed) the left-upper edge is crazed. However when looking at other cards and sets they have a well-maintained condition.

Probably not that mutch have you checked ebay or tcgplayer that's where you should be looking just ignore any really high amounts those are people who think If it's old it's worth a fortune look for an average

Yes, it seems to be selling around $20-40 for bulk lots. Perhaps in that case it would be better to give them away or something. I just wanted to check if I missed something valuable or not :) thanks.

However, just checked a few single cards, which seem to go at a higher price range. For example the Skyridge Holo Aerodactyl, which is in a perfect state as well. But shipping for one card or something seems so odd to me.

Back