Discussion How do you Approach Espeon Garb?

The Evil Sneasel

Aspiring Trainer
How do you approach Espeon Garb w/ buzzroc and 2 baby buzz. I played at a Tournament and went up against Espeon/Garb and ended up a tie. Can you tell me about field blower counts, choice bands and strategies.

Thanks, TES

VERY CAREFULLY.

In all seriousness, I played Buzzroc at Madison and my first round was against Espeon/Garb. Get your Rockruffs out early, lead with Lycanroc and watch how many items you used (especially those Max Elixirs), otherwise Trashalanche will wreck you

In my build I run 3 choice bands and no Field Blowers (list is so tight I couldn’t fit them in)

It's tough. I run DMN/magnezone, very item and ability heavy. I havent won against it yet, but I am making progress by going after the trubbish early. Using baby buzz/roc, I would focus on field blowers and work on stacking your hands to be able to field blower away toxin, use lycan to bring up garb and ko. It's a tough matchup anyways, as they hit for weakness on buzz. But it's not an autoloss

As a espeon garb player the best way is play slow and conservtaivly. Such as lapras vs espeon garb. if lapras just goes slow and only uses volc prisim theyw in but its still unfavorable. Buzzroc loses hard mostly due to new list being focused on buzz not the lycanroc.

I also play Espeon-Garbodor. In my build, I run 2 Trash and Garbotoxin Garbodors. IMO, my opponent running BuzzRoc should not be as "aggressive" playing his/her Max Elixirs too early (which will lead to a potential advantage for me) and/or utlize Lycanro GX early.

Back