General How Did You Get Interested In Pokemon?

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I've been into Pokémon since the very beginning. Well, the very beginning of the UK's run. I got into the anime when Sky One started running it in the Spring/Summer of 1999, and went on from there.

Though ironically enough, the first time I had ever heard about Pokémon prior to that was the Pokémon Shock incident in 97. It was all over the news and newspapers over here, so it was hard to avoid.

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
I think like... in third grade I got Pokemon Black. Don't really remember
But I do remember when I got into TCG, which is when I actually started to like Pokemon a lot more. It was right when I moved form Colorado to Texas, about a year ago, now. I often watched a Youtube streamer for their content on VGC (which I never actually got into, but I wanted to up until this point) and one day they stream TCGO, so I downloaded TCGO, and here we are today. I'm quite glad I found myself in such a great community, at that point I was already at a rough point in life and since I was moving to a brand new school, I had no one to talk to, so I'm happy I was able to make friendships that will hopefully last a long time through my favorite children's card game.

The Ultimate Umbreon

To Ultra space and beyond!
Woke up and turned on the TV . Saw an episode of galactic battles and then an advert for plasma storm. Ended up late for school. Teacher wanted to know why, I said Pokemon. On my birthday I began my tcg collection.

Xys

Otherworldly Trainer
Not sure if there's already a thread for this but I didn't see one so I'm guessing there isn't.

When I was little I came across Diamond and thought Dialga was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I asked my dad to buy it and I've been playing Pokemon ever since.

So what I want to know is: How did you get interested in Pokemon?
I was basically born into pokémon.
Back in the ANCIENT year of 2000, I was born as a not-so-cute screaming baby.
Boring stuff happened, and I went home finally.

My parents happened to be a fan of Pokémon, they used to watch the anime. They decided one day to play the original indigo league anime to keep me occupied, and I pretty much watched that over the years. I remember I had a few tapes (I know, old!) and books that I would read/watch the crap out of.

One faithful day, I turned 8 years old.
My parents gifted me with a gameboy advance, with a bunch of fancy add-ons and stuff, like link cables, chargeable batteries, and more.
With said GBA, came Pokémon Fire Red.

I never knew that pokémon had games at that time, so I thought it was a game based off of the anime. I named my character "Ash".

That was essentially how I got into pokémon, but it wasn't until I got Pokémon diamond version (Nostalgiapocalypse) that I was into the actual games.

Now I own Fire Red, Gold, Diamond, White, White 2, Y, Alpha Sapphire, and Moon.

Fun Fact: I never even played HG/SS, and when I first bought my Pokémon gold cartridge, it wouldn't save, so I never even go to the first gym.
No, I won't use emulators, I want to play legit.