Collecting Holo or Rev. Holo Version of a Holo - Which is Rarer/Worth More?

Which is rarer/worth more?

• Normal Holo

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Rev. Holo of a Holo

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters

DinoTamerMeep

Aspiring Trainer
I seem to run into the problem a lot where I have a holo, and a rev. holo version of that holo. I was just wondering which is considered rarer or worth more, as I don't know which one to trade. I shall put up a poll, but it would be awesome if you could post your reason(s) why. :)

Rev Holos are rarer because you can get everything that isnt an ex/shiny in this way so the chances of getting the rev holo you want is like 1/100 and the chances of getting a holo are 1/3 so if chances of getting the holo you want is about 1 in every booster box. Hope I helped out :p

Reverse Holos are better because there is usually like a 1% to pull the reverse holo you want. Where as holos are easier to obtain.
And imo, reverse holos look so much cooler.

Honestly, I think it is up to personal preferance. Some people like reverse, and others do not. If I have both then I usually just ask the person I am trading with which one they would rather have.

I prefer holos, but they aren't as rare. Any card can be a reverse holo, which makes them look far less impressive than regular holos.

Everyone prefers regular holos, yet reverse holos are more rare.

To tell you the truth, most of the good stuff I pull is reverse.

Oh yeah, I want to see a person who has a deck with only reverse/foil cards.

I personally prefer the regular holos if possible. But there are a lot of Pokemon that only come as reverse holo and if you want those cards your options are reverse holo or not at all.

It's true though that except for EX's, FA, and Shinies that every card comes as reverse holo. That makes the ratio of getting the reverse holos your looking for harder than just a regular holo, at least when you buy several packs at a time or in bulk.

A subquestion here could be what kind of reverse holo designs do you prefer? I've always liked the ones that were around in Fire Red Leaf Green, where the reverse holo was technically just a holo with the elemental symbol shiny in the middle.and set symbols on the lower right part of the corner.

Ah I see! So the general jist of it all is, yes, reverse are rarer, however people prefer holos and they would be easier and better to trade. :)

Thank you all for your replies! I think from now on I'll just keep them both. :p

DinoTamerMeep said:
Ah I see! So the general jist of it all is, yes, reverse are rarer, however people prefer holos and they would be easier and better to trade. :)

Thank you all for your replies! I think from now on I'll just keep them both. :p

Well, that, and the fact that if you bring a reverse in your deck to an event, the card could be counted as marked. This is because reverses tend to bend more.
That's why I said I want to see a person with a deck only using reverses.

o0Flint0o said:
Well, that, and the fact that if you bring a reverse in your deck to an event, the card could be counted as marked. This is because reverses tend to bend more.

Ah ok. Well I'm more of a collector than a player, as I've never been to any events and don't really plan. to. So, as a collecter, it seems worth keep them both. :)

o0Flint0o said:

It is claimed of being done. See http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-what-is-your-opinion-of-reverse-holo-tcg-cards

Another example of discussion being repeated.

omahanime said:
It is claimed of being done. See http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-what-is-your-opinion-of-reverse-holo-tcg-cards

Another example of discussion being repeated.

That was nearly two years ago :p. The majority of the members posting in this thread hadn't joined PokeBeach at that point.

Secret Pikachu said:
That was nearly two years ago :p. The majority of the members posting in this thread hadn't joined PokeBeach at that point.

Yeah, including me. xD
Although I know I should have searched before posting first, sorry.:p

DinoTamerMeep said:
I seem to run into the problem a lot where I have a holo, and a rev. holo version of that holo. I was just wondering which is considered rarer or worth more, as I don't know which one to trade. I shall put up a poll, but it would be awesome if you could post your reason(s) why. :)

Reverse Holos are worth less than Holos IMO. Plus, Reverse Holos usually comes out of the packs arched/bent forwards. (Which is a Negative :^p)

Like many have been writing in this topic, the reverse holo version of the holos are rarer and harder to pull.. But I dunno if its accurally worth more.. More casual collectors (like I) don't care about collecting all the reverses, but then I guess there are also those who want everything in their decks reverse but they are probably not so many xD) and those who want to complete the master set.

I like regular holos because you can see what the card says and reverse holos are very difficult to read. However Reverse holos are hard to get but most of the time you get the reverse holo before you get the holo. At least that is what happens when I get cards.:)

Holographic are more rare. Usually you get regular rare but you get guaranteed a reverse holographic. Soooooooo..... Holographic is more rare

Back