Holo or Rev. Holo version of a Holo - which is rarer/worth more?

Discussion in 'TCG News & Discussion' started by DinoTamerMeep, Aug 31, 2012.

?

Which is rarer/worth more?

1. Normal Holo

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Rev. Holo of a Holo

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  1. DinoTamerMeep Aspiring Trainer
    DinoTamerMeep

I seem to run into the problem a lot where I have a holo, and a rev. holo version of that holo. I was just wondering which is considered rarer or worth more, as I don't know which one to trade. I shall put up a poll, but it would be awesome if you could post your reason(s) why. :)

2. MountainDrew Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
    MountainDrew

Rev Holos are rarer because you can get everything that isnt an ex/shiny in this way so the chances of getting the rev holo you want is like 1/100 and the chances of getting a holo are 1/3 so if chances of getting the holo you want is about 1 in every booster box. Hope I helped out :p

3. Mist Yo, my name is Brock. I'm the master of rock
    Mist

Reverse Holos are better because there is usually like a 1% to pull the reverse holo you want. Where as holos are easier to obtain.
    And imo, reverse holos look so much cooler.

4. squirtwo Haha what?
    squirtwo

Honestly, I think it is up to personal preferance. Some people like reverse, and others do not. If I have both then I usually just ask the person I am trading with which one they would rather have.

5. D.N.A Aspiring Trainer
    D.N.A

I prefer holos, but they aren't as rare. Any card can be a reverse holo, which makes them look far less impressive than regular holos.

6. o0Flint0o Average "CoolTrainer"
    o0Flint0o

Everyone prefers regular holos, yet reverse holos are more rare.

To tell you the truth, most of the good stuff I pull is reverse.

Oh yeah, I want to see a person who has a deck with only reverse/foil cards.

7. Pikachu6319 Scooby
    Pikachu6319

I personally prefer the regular holos if possible. But there are a lot of Pokemon that only come as reverse holo and if you want those cards your options are reverse holo or not at all.

It's true though that except for EX's, FA, and Shinies that every card comes as reverse holo. That makes the ratio of getting the reverse holos your looking for harder than just a regular holo, at least when you buy several packs at a time or in bulk.

A subquestion here could be what kind of reverse holo designs do you prefer? I've always liked the ones that were around in Fire Red Leaf Green, where the reverse holo was technically just a holo with the elemental symbol shiny in the middle.and set symbols on the lower right part of the corner.

8. DinoTamerMeep Aspiring Trainer
    DinoTamerMeep

Ah I see! So the general jist of it all is, yes, reverse are rarer, however people prefer holos and they would be easier and better to trade. :)

Thank you all for your replies! I think from now on I'll just keep them both. :p

9. o0Flint0o Average "CoolTrainer"
    o0Flint0o

Well, that, and the fact that if you bring a reverse in your deck to an event, the card could be counted as marked. This is because reverses tend to bend more.
    That's why I said I want to see a person with a deck only using reverses.

10. DinoTamerMeep Aspiring Trainer
    DinoTamerMeep

Ah ok. Well I'm more of a collector than a player, as I've never been to any events and don't really plan. to. So, as a collecter, it seems worth keep them both. :)

11. omahanime No strings on me.
    omahanime

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

It is claimed of being done. See http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-what-is-your-opinion-of-reverse-holo-tcg-cards

Another example of discussion being repeated.

12. Secret Pikachu Aspiring Trainer
    Secret Pikachu

That was nearly two years ago :p. The majority of the members posting in this thread hadn't joined PokeBeach at that point.

13. DinoTamerMeep Aspiring Trainer
    DinoTamerMeep

Yeah, including me. xD
    Although I know I should have searched before posting first, sorry.:p

14. xGallade Galladite
    xGallade

Reverse Holos are worth less than Holos IMO. Plus, Reverse Holos usually comes out of the packs arched/bent forwards. (Which is a Negative :^p)

15. Videoland Aspiring Trainer
    Videoland

Like many have been writing in this topic, the reverse holo version of the holos are rarer and harder to pull.. But I dunno if its accurally worth more.. More casual collectors (like I) don't care about collecting all the reverses, but then I guess there are also those who want everything in their decks reverse but they are probably not so many xD) and those who want to complete the master set.

16. xxashxx "Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
    xxashxx

Elite Member Advanced Member Member

I like regular holos because you can see what the card says and reverse holos are very difficult to read. However Reverse holos are hard to get but most of the time you get the reverse holo before you get the holo. At least that is what happens when I get cards.:)

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?