Ruling Help?

Inane Contemplations

With his Army of Shiny Charmanders
xD This is quite something... I haven't been near Pokemon Cards for almost 5 or 6 years now. Damn, I feel old... =_= But anyway, that's not why I've made this thread. Am I to understand that we can post here for help? xD If you hadn't guessed already, that's what I'd like.

I'm a huge fan of Absol, and Dark-Type Pokemon in general, and wondered if anyone could give me advice on making a deck out of 'em. I ran through the lists I found and these are a few Poké's I noticed:

Absol EX (Power Keepers)
Mightyena EX (Holon Phantoms)
Cacturne EX (Emerald)

Can anyone help make a deck around those? Oh, and can someone give me the rundown on these "Special" Energy cards? I have a feeling that I can't just have 10 of the Darkness one's in my deck...

Thanks, y'all!

P.S. Call me "Temp", okay? I'm not silly.

Awright Temp, first things first.

You can run 4 of any SPECIAL energy cards at once. Meaning 4 special Dark energy max. However, Diamond/Pearl also released NORMAL Dark Energy. These provide you with Dark Energy but won't give the +10 boost.

As for a deck, there are several options. I wouldn't go for Cacturne, he's getting out of format VERY soon. Mightyena then. Mightyena focuses a lot on disruption. He works very well with Crawdaunt Ex (Holon Phantoms) or Dusknoir (Diamond and Pearl). If you read their pokepowers well, you should get how it'd work.

Absol Ex is a wonderful card but more of a tech. If you want to play him, you have to make sure you play him in a deck that uses Snipers - pokemon that hit the bench. Examples are Rayquaza Ex (Dragon Frontier), Flygon Ex (Dragon Frontiers), Nidoking (Dragon Frontiers), and there are quite a few more. What I found working relatively well is a Nidoqueen/Nidoking deck (Both Dragon Frontiers) with Absol Ex as backup. Nidoqueen can fetch Pokemon, which Nidoking can discard. Nidokings attack hits the bench if he does so, and Nidoqueens attack feeds of discarded cards. Absol can then use his power and his attack to hurt anything already hurt.

It ain't easy to build a deck around them, but it should work. However, in about half a year time, Darkrai Level X will be released. He will really boost Dark decks, mark my words. You can find out what he does on the main page.

Hmm... *has been reading their pokepowers*

Ah... So use Mightyena to knock back your opponent's Active Pokemon to the Bench and then use Dusknoir to push that Pokemon and everything it had equipped to it back into your opponent's hand... xD That's evil!

Talking about Sniper's and suchlike reminded me of an ancient Gengar card - he could move Damage Counters between your opponent's Pokemon... Add that to Cursed Eyes, and you could leave your opponent's Active Pokemon open for an OHKO... O_O Wait... He's banned?! Aww man! I loved that guy! Oh well... It's definitely a Snipe Deck I'll be wanting then. *cackle* I'm working on a Dark Deck in the Deck Garage... It seems to be quite good, even if it does need a buttload of work.

But thanks! Could you perhaps link me to a decent Snipe Deck? So I can see what people are using and stuff.

A strong sniping deck that's been around for quite some time now is RaiEggs. It includes Raichu (Holon Phantoms) and Exeggutor (Holon Phantoms) with a possible Togetic (Dragon Frontiers) included.
This is how it works:
Raichu wipes all Pokemon with Powers/Bodies for 20 damage for 1 Energy.
Exeggutor can do 30 to 2 Pokemon.
Togetic abuses an opponent's delta Pokemon (Flygon ex delta for example)
As a Finisher, Raichu attacks with 90 damage for 3. Two of these 3 are usually covered by a Double Rainbow Energy, which makes it an awesome attack that can be used from turn 2. o_O
This way, it counters many things, some of which are the following
-supporting (basics/stage 1s with low HP) pokemon on the bench
-decks running many Powers/Bodies
-Other RaiEggs decks.

But thanks! Could you perhaps link me to a decent Snipe Deck? So I can see what people are using and stuff.

Unless you are going to the World Championships, all the tournaments are over for the year, and it is not really worth looking up all this years arche-types. But hey...It wouldn't hurt.

Like Stealthangel said, there is Raieggs. The only other Sniping deck that I have seen that is gaining popularity is Empoleon from D/P (It will be legal next year). You can use Prinplup to do 10 to all their pokemon, and Empoleon can do 70 to a pokemon with damage counters on it.

If you live in the northeastern area do not run raieggs it will begin to do well and will eventually be crushed. A kid came from indiana to an ohio battle road and found that out the hard way hehe.

Shiftry EX is fecking awesome... Target Attack alone makes him essential in a Snipe Deck. Dark Eyes is just a bonus in my eyes. Nidoking Delta (Dragon Frontiers) is also pretty awesome as a Sniper... So is Persian Delta (Holon Phantoms).

Persian Delta's second attack + Absol EX's Pokepower = 30HP loss for any Pokemon you want! Oh, and a 10HP loss for whatever Pokemon your opponent chose to take Persian's damage.

So there are plenty of Pokemon to go for...

3 Absol EX's;
3 Seedots;
3 Nuzleaf's;
2 Shiftry EX's;
3 Meowth Delta's;
3 Persian Delta's;
3 Nidoran Male's;
3 Nidorino's;
2 Nidoking Delta's;

How's that for a set up? I need to find a way to keep using Absol EX's Poke-Power... Is there a card or Pokepower that lets you return one of your Monsters to your hand? If I can keep doing that and abusing Persian Delta's attack, then I can deal huge damage to my opponent's Pokemon...

Back