• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Help me build an Unlimited Machamp deck!

Current decklist:
MACHAMP / Aerodactyl - Basic killer

Pokémon - 15
3 Machamp SF 20
3 Machoke SF
4 Machop DP
3 Aerodactyl (Fossil)
2 Uxie LA

Trainers - 36
2 PONT
1 Seeker

3 Mysterious Fossil (50HP)
4 Erika
3 Professor Oak
4 Item Finder
4 Computer Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Level Ball
3 Gust of Wind
2 Scoop Up
2 Warp Point
1 Switch

2 Focus Band

3 BTS

Energy - 9 (might be low; testing)
6 Fighting
2 DCE
1 Rescue

I dropped out a few energy in this build to make room for: a third BTS and Prof. Oak, plus a couple Warp Point and a Switch. This should help me get out of trouble if they get an Evolved Pokémon Active, or if Aerodactyl in pulled up. I can also attached Rescue Energy to Aerodactyl if this happens.

Tournament is in two weeks! I'm testing this deck against Mewtwo EX / Gardevoir this weekend!
I'm not afraid of Dan's Magmortar deck at all; this deck will run all over it! >:D

I don't think you need DCE anymore. Also, recue energy could be cut for super rod since you already run a high amount of search cards.

DCE allows use of Machamp's "Rage" attack quickly. It gives me a one turn answer to an opponent's evolution. Of course, this is only needed when I screw up and get Aerodactyl KO'd.

If DCE were dropped, what cards would fill the two free slots?

You're saying Super Rod would be more effective as it would put an entire Machamp line or an Aerodactyl and energy back into the deck, in which case I could search it out? Seems like Rescue Energy cuts out all that work but simply putting the line of Pokemon back into my hand.

I don't mean to reject your advice, I just want to understand your reasoning; I have a lot to learn. Must be my noob-ish nature. :eek:

Super Rod is better because sometimes you don't have the time to attach Rescue Energy and you want to spend most of your time getting a fighting on all of your machamps.
4 Erika
3 Professor Oak
4 Item Finder
4 Computer Search
1 Luxury Ball
1 Level Ball
These cards can all get those Machamp lines back, so you dshouldn't have a problem.
For DCE, you never really need to use Rage. If your opponent does manage to evolve their pokemon, Machamp LV.X is a much better counter. It allows you to do 100 damage for 1 energy, but does leave you open for KOs, so be careful. With the 2 spots, you could put in a fighting and a Machamp LV.X. If you need anymore explaining, just ask, I'm happy to give it.

Sounds good. Super Rod is very useful for getting the lines back, it just requires a little more effort. Machamp often lives for a few turns, which leaves me time to attach all I want.

Machamp LV.X can do some damage. Seems like his attack "Strong-Willed", could use the DCE to do 80 and with a Focus Band effect each time. That alone seems like enough to keep the DCE. However, I'm outta time to order the LV.X for now, and it's a bit pricey so I'll have to bid for it.

I'm testing this deck against Mewtwo builds this weekend. In the meantime, I'll add a Super Rod.

{P}OMGIGOTAMEWTWOEX!!!{P}

ZOMG! I got a Mewtwo EX! Gotta squeeze it in now.
Smilies spam: :):D:cool::rolleyes: LOL!!

Ty_Sylicus said:
{P}OMGIGOTAMEWTWOEX!!!{P}

ZOMG! I got a Mewtwo EX! Gotta squeeze it in now.
Smilies spam: :):D:cool::rolleyes: LOL!!

Congrats! If you want it to be really good with Mewtwo EX, tech in a Bubble Coat or 2.

Thx! Oh, I remember Bubble Coat. Gosh I read that card a long time ago and thought nothing of it. In this case, Mewtwo with 2 energy vs. Mewtwo with 2 energy does 80 x 2 weakness dmg, which isn't a KO. It I attached a Bubble Coat before my attack, their Mewtwo would cry, only doing 5-6 x 20 max! *evil laugh*

Tournament tomorrow! I'm a little worried as neither of my old-fashioned League Elders agree with me on what Broken Time-Space actually DOES. Under their ruling, I can only choose and evolve a SINGLE additional Pokemon ONCE per turn! So getting a T1 Machamp + Aerodactyl is impossible. I think it'll be fine with a T2 set up though, as most big threats can't evolve anyways.

I'm taking my Lucky Egg with me! lol :p

Well of course they are wrong! The use of this card has always been clear to me due to what I've read about it's usage online, NOT based off reading the card and making a call myself (although 3/3 of my friends agree that it does work without restrictions, save for Rare Candy T1).

Here's what I gathered from the Compendium LVX:

Broken Time-Space (Platinum)

Q. If the "Broken Time-Space" stadium is in effect, can I evolve a Pokemon on the same turn it comes into play? And what if the Pokemon comes into play first, and then I play the stadium?
A. Whenever "Broken Time-Space" is in play as a stadium you can evolve your Pokemon as much as you like, regardless of when it comes into play. (Feb 12, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If I go second, can I use "Broken Time-Space" stadium to evolve a Pokemon that was already in play as part of my pre-game setup?
A. Yes, you may. (Feb 26, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

Q. If the Broken Time-Space stadium is in play, can I use Rare Candy on a Basic Pokemon that just came into play this turn?
A. No, the wording of Rare Candy specifically says "you can't use this card during your first turn or on a Basic Pokémon that was put into play this turn". Broken Time-Space does not allow you to override that. (Jun 9, 2011 PUI Rules Team)

I'm taking a print out with me. I'll only have a problem if the player I'm battling has a problem with it. :rolleyes:

Q: With BTS in play, can you use a Rare Candy on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn?

BunnyBuner said:
What happened to the GE Cosmic Power Claydol? Bebe's search/Rosanne's Research.

They were good for their format, but there are better cards in unlimited. Especially with speed decks.

Finished the Tourney today, and won. Sadly, both my adult rivals failed to make an appearance. In a room filled with kids, Machamp was overpowering. It was so bad that I grew bored and nearly dropped out; I should have.

What did I win? 4 packs DEX. Pulled? Nothing. All players in tourney get at least a single pack for participation. Three EX's were pulled, one was a FA. This means the shop's DEX box is now empty of EX's, in a single two minute moment.

What I really won is sadness. I don't belong in a tourney with kids. Even at my laziest, my deck just destroyed--not b/c it's a strong built-- b/c my opponent's decks are so poorly built. To not have a structured format is far too messy for kids who have idea how to built a deck that is: Consistent, Fast, Strong. To show up, beat 'em all up with Machamp, and take packs away from kids is an awful feeling. I've decided I will auto-dropout if the other adult players no-show again.

iisnumber12 said:
Q: With BTS in play, can you use a Rare Candy on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn?

A: No
Good! I'm glad Rare Candy is solid enough to NEVER be broken now.

BunnyBuner said:
What happened to the GE Cosmic Power Claydol? Bebe's search/Rosanne's Research.
I still love these cards and my Empoleon DEX deck runs 2-2 Claydol, Bebe, Rosanne, and BTS. I put Rosanne into nearly every "for fun" deck I built and, I often sub a Bebe for a Pokémon Com as well. MORE options.

Back