• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Help Improve My Kingdra/Tapu Koko Deck.

Saqqu

TCG Luver
Hello guys, i'm lookin for some help to (like the title said) improve my water/lightning deck.

POKÉMON (15)

• 2 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
  • 1 Necrozma-GX BUS 134
  • 3 Horsea BUS 29
  • 2 Remoraid CIN 22
  • 2 Octillery BKT 33
  • 2 Seadra BUS 30
  • 3 Kingdra BUS 31

TRAINER (34)

• 2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
  • 3 Energy Loto GRI 122
  • 2 Rare Candy SUM 129
  • 1 Gladion CIN 95
  • 2 Super Rod BKT 149
  • 4 Cynthia UPR 119
  • 1 Field Blower GRI 125
  • 3 GuzmaBUS 115
  • 3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
  • 4 N FCO 105
  • 3 Choice Band GRI 121
  • 2 Float Stone BKT 137
  • 1 Lillie UPR 125
  • 3 Max Potion GRI 128

ENERGY (11)

• 3 DCE FCO 114
  • 8 Water Energy
The main idea is press with Tapu Koko in early game and then finish some Pokémon with Kingdra. Can i improve my deck even more? Thx for your help!

giphy.gif

Vinny

Aspiring Trainer
Did you see the new Kingdra-GX? IT'S AMAZING! Only problem is the set was just realesed in japan. So it well be awhile before we get, but my decks main tek won't be out for like four months and that didn't stop me. Also Switch Float and Quagsire are also from the set and might be good to use.

Set list here- https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dragon_Storm_(TCG)

Last edited:

Vinny

Aspiring Trainer
Also Zoroark-GX is a way better draw support because it has better HP, puts energy's into your discard for Aqua Patch(by the way, play four Aqua Patch) and he's a good attacker. You NEED to play four Ultra ball, it is a must in all decks. Lillie is only good on the first turn and only if you play Tapu Lele.(also, play two or three Lele if you can afford it if not play one or two Oranguru) Brigette is a good first turn supporter because it gets out all your basic Pokemon, play one or two.(unless no Lele, then three or four) There is no reason to play Necrozma or Gladian, I'd take them out for more Rare Candy. I'd also recommend adding one Rescustretcher and one more Field Blower, Water energy, DCE and maybe another Choice Band. Alolan Vulpix and Tapu Fini-GX might be good two. For what to take out one Seadra, Gladion, Max Potion(maybe), Energy Loto, Necrozma-GX, Lillie, Super Rod, Octillery and Remoraid(for a Zoroark line), and maybe one Koko? It's up to you.

Yog

Rogue
This is not a bad idea, but also not all that fantastic either. In order to improve the deck as-is, I think you need to focus on the core of the thing. I take it adding a Tapu-Lele is out of the question? Let's assume so - although it will improve any deck you add it to, and allow you to find the right supporters when you need them.

To improve this I would start by looking at your Turn 1. In an ideal world you want Tapu-Koko out, with a DCE attached, and some Horsea on the bench that can start evolving up. So max out your DCE count +1 DCE -1 Loto. And add an additional Koko promo to increase your chances of finding it +1 Koko -1 Potion.

Necrozma is a nice idea with all the snipe, but once you do that GX attack one time, then what? He's a two-prize bench sitter that can only hit for 10 or 40 damage at best - for two attachments! Much better here would be Espeon-EX (not GX), as it has a home in any snipe-deck +1 Espeon EX, -1 Necrozma

I agree with above poster that Zoroark is always going to be better than Octillery, but since you have that stadium, this is one case where you can justify the Octillery. Also I assume you are on a budget due to no Lele. Plus it's one less prize given up in what is a slow deck. However, I would swap out the Remoraid for the one that can switch to bench from BreakThrough, which will help with if you get the wrong start +2 BKT Remoraid, -2 CIN Remoraid.

That should improve your build a little bit at least. Consider a copy of mallow for when you specifically need a Rare Candy or Stage 2 into hand. She works well with both Octillery or Zoroark.

Also, if it's Kingdra that is the main draw for you, take a look at Glaceon-GX as a better partner. You would be changing your build entirely, but I think you'd have a lot more success. You could slow the opponent down enough to get those Stage 2s built, you mix up your weaknesses, the snipe attacks work well together, you could start using Aqua Patch, and it should work well with the new Kingdra GX when it drops.

Kyle Pyykkonen

Yung Fish
play splash energy, it helps you recycle kingdras and continuously spread. Also, you should play 4 dce. I've played this deck for a little bit and its super important that you hit the turn 2 dce tapu koko. Hope this helps

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
Given your stated deck strategy of pressing "with Tapu Koko in early game and then finish some Pokémon with Kingdra," consider the following thoughts for deck improvement (IMO):

Tapu Koko is the preferred starter; so, its count should be maxed-out.

Necrozma GX is not critical to your strategy, has only 1 useful attack that may potentially help, and is not a Pokémon you'd want to start.

Devoting 4 card slots to a 2-2 Octillery line seems excessive to me. Further, you'll need to perhaps commit "extra" cards to extricate it from the Active position after your opponent's Guzma play. Lastly, Octillery is not a good attacker, Has relatively "low" HP, takes an extra turn to setup and its supplemental card-draw Ability can be negated by Garbotoxin.

A 3-2-3 Kingdra line is a bit "thin," especially when you consider that you need to multi-hit opponent's Pokémon for KOs. Also, if either a Horsea and/or Kingdra is/are prized, then you may be at a significant disadvantage.

One tactic I've used in "damage spread" decks (like this) is to incorporate a way to manipulate the opponent's Pokémon damage count (e.g., Meowstic's Ear Influence) and/or devolve opponent's Stage Pokémon (Espeon EX's Miraculous Shine). I definitely concur with @Yog in this regard.

Suggested deck changes:

-1 Necrozma GX
-2 Remoraid
-2 Octillery

+2 Tapu Koko (Flying Flip)
+1 Horsea
+1 Kingdra
+1 Espeon EX (or 1-1 Meowstic line)
+1 Oranguru (Instruct)

-1 Energy Lotto - 3 seem excessive
-1 Gladion - not critical
-3 Choice Band - really not critical since you'll need to multi-hit opponent's Pokémon; extending or increasing your main attacker's HP is more important (IMO)
-2 Float Stone - really not needed
-1 Max Potion - 2 should be sufficient

+3 Brigette - to help get your bench setup faster
+3 Bodybuilding Dumbbells
+1 Rare Candy - to help get Kingdra into play faster

+1 DC

I hope you find these comments helpful.