• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded [Help] Faux Night (Darkrai + Zoroark)

DTheConqueror

Pokemon Researcher
Hi Guys!
I've recently been toying around with my Dark Type cards and I've found a pretty good combination. I think the deck's decent all around but it has a serious problem drawing energy. The deck Plays well in the current expanded format but it's not as good as it could be. My strategy Revolves around getting out My Zoroarks as fast as possible to wreak havoc on my opponents and I've got a Hypno in there to use his ability and all night party to heal damage from my Pokemon. The two Malamars are pretty good cards in order to get cards I need from my discard and rescuing KOed Pokemon.
Please Help,
DTheConqueror
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 2 Darkrai-EX DEX 63
* 1 Darkrai-EX BKP 74
* 2 Inkay XY 74
* 2 Malamar AOR 46
* 1 Sableye DEX 62
* 1 Sableye AOR 44
* 1 Yveltal XY 78
* 2 Zorua LTR 89
* 1 Zoroark BLW 71
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 1 Drowzee FFI 35
* 1 Hypno BKP 51

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 1 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 3 Professor's Letter XY 123
* 2 All-Night Party BKP 96
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 3 N DEX 96
* 1 Team Flare Grunt XY 129
* 1 Hard Charm XY 119
* 1 Lucky Helmet AOR 77
* 4 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Fisherman BKT 136
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 1 Xerosic PHF 110
* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 1 Energy Pouch FAC 97
* 1 Dark Patch DEX 93
* 2 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Reverse Valley BKP 110

##Energy - 12

* 8 Darkness Energy XYEnergy 1
* 2 Double Colorless Energy PHF 111
* 2 Dangerous Energy AOR 82

Total Cards - 59

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Hi there! Dark is definitely a very good archetype. There are a variety of strategies and lots of the cards work well together, however, you may have a few too many different strategies in this deck. Here are my suggestions:

-1 Hypno - You use this for good night babies, but you have to remember that your opponent can use All Night Party as well. Also, if you don't have All Night Party out, it can turn against you. Also, a 1-1 line is very hard to draw into and if one's in your prizes, well, that's that.
-1 Drowzee - No Hypno.
-1 Sabeleye AOR - While it looks decent, being able to use a Supporter in your opponent's discard really isn't all that great.
-2 Malamar - While taking a card from your discard is great, you have Sabeleye, VS Seeke to do that for you. Also, the first attack's not that great.
-2 Inkay - No Malamar
-2 All Night Party - No Hypno and even if there was, this also benefits your opponent.
-1 Bursting Balloon - Dark usually hits for big damage, so this isn't really needed.
-3 Professors Letter - This deck has a lot of ways to accelerate Energy, and usually you can draw into it.
-1 Team Flare Grunt - It's good, yes, but cards like Yveltal EX make use of Energy and you'll definitely want to add that in.
-1 Hard Charm - FFB is better.
-1 Lucky Helmet - Takes up your tool slot and while it's a good card to include to increase draw power, it really only does that.
-4 Evosoda - You can't use this on your first turn, so you might as well just play Ultra Ball.
-1 Fisherman - Yveltal and Dark Patch accelerate Energy from the discard.
-1 Energy Pouch - It takes up the tool slot and once again you can take advantage of Energy in your discard.
-2 Dangerous Energy - It looks really goo at first glance, but it can't be attached via Dark Patch, Yveltal or Max Elixir
-1 N - While it helps, I don't think you need three.
-1 Zoroark BLW - It's decent, but the one from BKT is better
-2 Zorua - Ascension's good, but you don't always want to leave your Zoroark in the Active.

+2 Zorua DEX - A 50/50 chance for Paralysis can be pretty handy.
+1 Zoroark BKT - Takes advantage of the amount of your opponents Benched Pokemon and has a pretty sweet ability.
+1 Shaymin EX - Good for draw support and doesn't use up your Supporter for a turn.
+3 Yveltal EX - Very good card that punishes Pokemon that require a lot of Energy and can hit for big damage even without your opponent's help.
+2 Yveltal XY - Really good for accelerating Energy.
+2 VS Seeker - Helps get Supproters back from the discard.
+4 Professor Sycamore - Very good for draw support.
+2 Battle Compressor - Discards both Energy and Supporters that you can grab with VS Seeker.
+3 Max Elixir - Accelerates Energy onto Basics which make up the majority of your Pokemon.
+2 Double Colourless Energy - Zoroark and Yveltal EX make good use of this.
+1 Computer Search - An Ultra Ball for not just Pokemon? That's great!
+1 Dark Patch - Again, accelerates Energy from the discard.
+1 Ultra Ball - Lets you search out a Pokemon and two is too few.
+2 Sky Field - With all the Pokemon you have, you need the extra space.
+1 Colress - has good draw power depending on the amount of Benched Pokemon, and in this deck, you'll probaby have a lot.

If you can find room for it, you should probably add in a Super Rod too. I just don't really know what to swap for it.

Hope this helps!

Back