Have A Simple Forum Question? Ask The Staff Here!

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Shining Raikou, Apr 29, 2015.

1. (sgtfrog) Aspiring Trainer
    (sgtfrog)

Hey I created my account a while back and set my birthday wrong. Can an admin change that for me? I want to be changed to 1998 instead of 1997. Thanks!

EDIT: I have received help, thanks Athena!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

2. VictiniLover Aspiring Trainer
    VictiniLover

I haven't used this site in 5 years it seems, and back then I only used it for a month or so. I'd like the mods to change my username to whatever else, because I just don't want to stumble upon this account anymore? If you'd be so kind, thanks.

3. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

Unfortunately, we cannot perform any name changes at this time.

4. forretress97 Isn't a Slowbro
    forretress97

How do i get images that were saved on my computer to appear correctly?

5. Brave Vesperia Head of Buy, Sell, & Trade.
    Brave Vesperia

Forum Super Mod Activities Staff Badges Staff Chat Room Staff Member

What exactly do you mean by "appear correctly"? Do you want to put them in a post? :)

6. forretress97 Isn't a Slowbro
    forretress97

Yes for my fakes post. They just look like this[​IMG]

7. Tails The Blonde Brainiac
    Tails

Advanced Member Member

You need to manually close the IMG tabs. The tabs here don't auto-finish, you just needed to close the IMG tabs and your image should appear.

Code:
    [IMG]URL goes here[/IMG]
    Here is an example:

[​IMG]

Code:
    [IMG]https://s20.postimg.org/wxv2li7nx/TheLoudHouse-LeniImageIII.png[/IMG]

8. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

Forum Super Mod Advanced Member Member

The other problem is that you aren't linking to actual images - http://pineco.jpg is not a link to anything. You need to copy the entire URL. =P

9. Celever Wheeeee~
    Celever

Since the other moderators' explanations read a little unclearly to me, I'm gonna take a stab at it. There are two ways to upload an image. One is straight from your desktop, which is what you're asking about, whereas the other involves use of a third party image hosting site. I find the latter option to be much more simple, but I'll go over both for you.

The first way, uploading an image straight from your computer, is done by simply dragging the document of the image you want to upload straight from your folder and into the box where you type your post up. Once it's been dragged, you have the option of either including it as a "full image" or as a "thumbnail". The former is the original size of the image, whereas the thumbnail reduces the size. Generally the thumbnail should be used if you don't want to use spoilers, whereas the former is used if you have more minute details which you want to show off. Just make sure to use spoiler tags if you select the full image option!

The simpler option, in my opinion, is to use a site such as imgur to upload the image from your desktop and onto your imgur account. Then, you can use the button marked here in your post editor to paste the image url into the popup-esque thing that appears, by right clicking and then selecting this. I find this to be much more convenient, and as such it's my method of choice. The downside is that you don't have the resizing options that drag-and-dropping from your desktop provides, but you can resize your image in basic programs such as paint if you need to.

Hope this helps! :)

PikaMasterJesi, Athena and bbninjas like this.
  10. LBelleBird Aspiring Trainer
    LBelleBird

I'm not sure this is the right place for this question, but when I signed up for this site, I used my full name and now I can't change it. I want to change it so that I can use my usual nickname in place of it. So instead of saying "LeeAnne K." at the top, it would be "LBelle" or something similar. How do I do that?

11. bbninjas Squid or Kid?
    bbninjas

Forum Super Mod Advanced Member Member

Unfortunately, we cannot perform any username changes (including that LeeAnna Klagge) at the moment.

12. THEJOOGSTER Aspiring Trainer
    THEJOOGSTER

Hey everyone new to PokeBeach and just finished a trade can anyone tell me how i leave a reference or feedback to the person i traded with? Anything helps thank you!

13. Celty We Rise
    Celty

14. THEJOOGSTER Aspiring Trainer
    THEJOOGSTER

Thank you so much!

15. ironcladmerc Aspiring Trainer
    ironcladmerc

Advanced Member Member

I used to get email notifications when someone sends me a PM or replies to a forum post, lately in the last week or so I haven't been getting any notifications. My email address and preferences have not changed, it just stopped working all of a sudden. Any idea how to fix? It's important to get PM email notification so I know when an opponent replies to me for the monthly cups.

16. Celever Wheeeee~
    Celever

The e-mail validation issues Athena mentioned in the sticky thread here are applying to all e-mails which the site should be sending out. There are no solutions to the problem right now, but our site staff are working hard on trying to fix the issue as we speak, so hopefully e-mails will be back online as per normal soon! :)

Athena, PikaMasterJesi and bbninjas like this.
  17. Dalton Aspiring Trainer
    Dalton

Under the recent topics there is the different filters like, News, Games, Anime... but why did they put the Premium Articles together with the very few Free Blogs that are rarely posted. They should be made into separate tabs so you don't have to go through 10+ pages of 4 things to simply see if there has ever been a post about a certain deck, or even any deck that's playable. Maybe I am missing something, but is it just me or do they never post ones that aren't about budget decks or other terrible cards? I mean, every single time I have ever played against M Pidgeot I win, and that's with really slow and inconsistent decks such as Greninja VS Pidgeot/Garbodor.

Also, my cursor is randomly moved around when I am typing, so I am assuming its a small bug. I has happened more and more recently and it always messes up what I type.

18. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

There are different categories that the site puts its articles in, and you can filters via those categories to see all posts in that category.

For example, if you look at the recent "Winners of PokeBeach’s November Community Blog Contest!" article, at the very top there is text saying "Posted 1 week ago to Free Blog, Website". Those two phrases are links to the two different categories that this article falls under. If you click the "Free Blog" link, it will bring you to this page which shows you all of the articles posted up under the Free Blog category.

I don't believe that's a problem that could even be caused by our website, so you'll likely have better luck searching for an outside solution. I know I used to have similar problems on my laptop and it was just caused by me accidentally brushing the touchpad very lightly occasionally as I typed. Good luck figuring out the problem!

bbninjas and Celever like this.
  19. If I believe that non-PG 13 material has been discussed in the Skype chat outside of NightBeach hours, who would be the person to discuss it with?

PikaMasterJesi likes this.
  20. Celever Wheeeee~
    Celever

Contact one of the members of the Chat Room staff team! Since the staff page on the forums is a little outdated, chat room staff are: @Equinox, @Frosstoise, @My Little Keldeo, @PikaMasterJesi, @peer, @Brave Vesperia, @GrandPanacea and, of course, myself.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

Juliacoolo, Luispipe8