Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

In this case, my guess is that it's a strange artifact from the center/left tags. I don't really think they're meant to be used in the way you're using them (namely, half-inside and half out-side a different type of code).

What confuses me is that, if they aren't supposed to be used that way, why do they show up correctly before editing them? I'll post the code again without editing to show that it does work initially.

uFId87R.jpg

First Shiny of the new year!

uZwKAyD.jpg

Kentucky.

pFsZ6fU.gif

My team. :)

rTeSmfK.jpg

Like this

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't doubt that you've made it work. Your other thread still looks fine right now, too. Sometimes things can be buggy but still kindasorta work enough to display nicely until you poke around in them again. For what it's worth, I don't even know if that is for sure the problem, just that every other issue I've seen that looks like yours has been caused by wonky code, and that oddly overlapping code can also sometimes cause issues. If you're looking for a firm answer, I'm afraid I can't help you there, just offering theories and suggestions based on the errors that I've personally seen and fixed and the patterns they fall into.

I'm not sure what is the cause of this odd separation either. I do know how you can prevent it from happening again: When editing your post with a new spoiler that includes an image, select all the spoiler bb codes that you would like to keep aligned and use the Alignment tool. Using the alignment tool is a good idea in most cases. Sorry this isn't ideal, but at least it will save you some work editing the text and images together again.

If I am correct you want to have two spoilers per line. If that is the case, it will not work because spoilers are created with divs which are a block level element meaning the next thing after it automatically goes to the next line. If there were codes for doing tables, that would work because you could have one spoiler on the left and another on the right.

How do you go abouts verify the Pokemon Professor?
I passed last year, and now will be more active here thought it'd be useful-
thank you in advance :)

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the website is almost fully in Times New Roman. Does this have something to do with the TCGPlayer partnership? I really think it's too fancy for me, and this isn't necessarily the site where people are fancy.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but the website is almost fully in Times New Roman. Does this have something to do with the TCGPlayer partnership? I really think it's too fancy for me, and this isn't necessarily the site where people are fancy.

Sure It's a question about the forum, so why not. As far as I know, New Times Roman has always been Pokébeach's main font. It has nothing to do with the TCGPlayer partnership, that's for sure. I've looked this site up in the Internet Archive ''wayback machine'' (In case you don't know it. It's an archive that saves snapshots from pretty much every website) And you will see that New Times Roman was there from the beginning. look it up. It's nice to see how Pokébeach has evolved :)

However if you don't like fancy old New Times Roman, you can choose a different font before posting. There is a pictogram next to font size in the edit section. We don't want the forum to look irregular, so keep it to one font per post.

Sure It's a question about the forum, so why not. As far as I know, New Times Roman has always been Pokébeach's main font. It has nothing to do with the TCGPlayer partnership, that's for sure. I've looked this site up in the Internet Archive ''wayback machine'' (In case you don't know it. It's an archive that saves snapshots from pretty much every website) And you will see that New Times Roman was there from the beginning. look it up. It's nice to see how Pokébeach has evolved :)

However if you don't like fancy old New Times Roman, you can choose a different font before posting. There is a pictogram next to font size in the edit section. We don't want the forum to look irregular, so keep it to one font per post.
Actually, the font isn't supposed to be Times New (notice how Times New is a serif font, and the font outside of your posting box should not be serif).

What device are you using to look up PB, and is everything (posts, articles, etc) in Times New Roman? If I recall correctly, Times New Roman is a default font when you don't have the right font installed on your computer or internet. Have you changed devices or changed settings recently? The correct font is showing up on this end.

Because PB is now joined with TCG player are we allowed to talk about other sites to get cards from?
And if we aren't, what about places that allow us to preorder cards?
What if we PM someone the link to the other card ordering website, would we be allowed to do that?

I accept this opinion etc, I was sort of hoping for a consensus of website staff of what's allowed exactly, if I can get one, however until then I will accept your opinion as the current ruling.
Ntanel was referring to his opinion in regards to affiliation, not his opinion in regards to the current ruling. The ruling is still the same - no linking to other sites (including buying/trading sites except for TCG Player) as described in Rule 8 of the Forum Rules. :)

To answer your questions directly:
Because PokéBeach is now joined with TCG player are we allowed to talk about other sites to get cards from?
Yes, you are still allowed to. Just because we now affiliate TCG Player does not mean you can't discuss or mention other options, within reason. We do, however, recommend TCG Player as your optimal site for buying.

And if we aren't, what about places that allow us to preorder cards?
As you are allowed to discuss other sites, you can also discuss preorder sites.

What if we PM someone the link to the other card ordering website, would we be allowed to do that?
There is no need to. If someone really wants to check out a site that was mentioned, they can simply go to Google and search.

I totally forget the one time @CuriousCleffa answered me this and I can't find it in our forum convo, but how many completed trades is recommended before applying for verified seller? It's not in the market place rules or look here threads, so that's why I'm asking here.

Edit: Where should I ask about merging POP Ids on here?

Last edited:
I was wondering something, and I couldn't find it back here, but what are the Signature limits? Just want to make sure I'm not using too many lines. ;)

I need to know if I can change a forum title. I am taking request on my The Chronicles (TBFs) now and I want to announce that without making a completely different thread. If I can change the thread title, how so?

I need to know if I can change a forum title. I am taking request on my The Chronicles (TBFs) now and I want to announce that without making a completely different thread. If I can change the thread title, how so?

In the upper right of your thread (right below where your name and inbox are), you should see an option for "Thread Tools". Click on that, and there will be a dropdown menu with one of the options being "Edit Thread". If you select this option, you will be able to change the title of any thread you've created, as well as change/add prefixes or change your thumbnail image.

3bJLoGB.png

Hi, I have a quick question about sharing accounts. My fiancee can't create an account of her own because she lives in the same apartment I do, therefore we share an IP address. I (LightningCloud224) enjoy posting on the TCG forums and giving my input about various competitive strategies. She would only be using my account (and identifying herself as "the female Cloudy") to post her art on Smeargle's Canvas. Is that okay?

Hi, I have a quick question about sharing accounts. My fiancee can't create an account of her own because she lives in the same apartment I do, therefore we share an IP address. I (LightningCloud224) enjoy posting on the TCG forums and giving my input about various competitive strategies. She would only be using my account (and identifying herself as "the female Cloudy") to post her art on Smeargle's Canvas. Is that okay?

Your fianceé should still make her own account as it is against the rules for more than one person to use one account. To make sure that she can get around the IP checks, etc. that are in place to prevent duplicate accounts, you should get in touch with the forum admin Shining Raikou, either on the forums or via e-mail ([email protected]). This information is reflected in Rule 9 of the PokéBeach Rules.

Back