Have a General Forum Question? Includes FAQs! - Updated 22/02/18

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I remember finding a thread for this a while ago, but I can't find it now (possibly with the forum update?). Is it still possible to insert a Pokémon model from XYORAS using text, rather than using an image hosting site?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
You don't have to upload the models yourself. In this site you'll find a model for every Pokémon in existence so far. However, you must still copy the URL and insert the image here.

Hope this helps! :D

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
I'm experiencing a VERY annoying issue when writing a Spoiler'd post where the Spoiler'd post splits itself into 2 parts for no reason. I never dealt with this issue on the old site, and it's causing quite a bit of difficulty for myself and a few other users with their fake cards (grovylekid came to mind first), so how can I get around this? I've tried cutting the extra Spoiler bits out of it, but no luck.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I was helping another user is the Collector's forum that was experiencing a similar problem. In that instance, it was an issue with goofy code from changing code in "Rich Text Editor" mode instead of working with the bbcode editor. If you do a lot of code adding/removing in the visual editor mode, sometimes the code messes up and creates hiccups in other code, and in this case, one of the side effects of this was creating double spoilers. If you're doing a lot of complicated code in a post, it's generally a good idea to check the post in bbcode editor mode and inspect the tags to avoid any issues that may be caused by weird or extraneous code. I don't know for sure if this is related to the problems you were having, GadgetJax, but in the other instance, going through the bbcode manually helped and stopped the problem from reprising.

professorlight

Ice Queen
You do not have to become a mod to run an activity. You do become staff (as in, Activities staff), but that does not automatically make you a forum moderator, since forum staff (such as mods) are only one category of staff.

Sorry, I missed this before, somehow.
I meant that the requirements (the application form) seem to be the same for activities organizers than for moderators; I thought that simply expressing interest and availability (and being judged capable by the mods) was enough to qualify you to run an activity, like it is for werewolf, YPPY and such games; I'd love to be involved in the create-a-pokemon, but I don't have nearly enough time for all the things the application said.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Running a formal Activity is quite a lot of work and responsibility. It requires a repeated (monthly in most cases) commitment, scheduling, communication with others in the department, access to staff information, etc, as opposed to a simple one-off like hosting a WW game. There is indeed less scrutiny for Activity Organizers overall compared to other levels of staff, but there's still scrutiny, and a detailed application is our best way of judging that.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Running a formal Activity is quite a lot of work and responsibility. It requires a repeated (monthly in most cases) commitment, scheduling, communication with others in the department, access to staff information, etc, as opposed to a simple one-off like hosting a WW game. There is indeed less scrutiny for Activity Organizers overall compared to other levels of staff, but there's still scrutiny, and a detailed application is our best way of judging that.

I understand. And, I guess I can't know what will be required, and to what extent, before signing up?

As I said, I'd love to be in that activity; in fact, in the old site, I had almost everything ready to present it for review to ice arceus before my associates forgot about the project and I left the site, but without knowing the amount of time and commitment it might require of me it might be simply too much to ask (I can be available quite often, but some parts of the application make me slightly uncomfortable about answering them without knowing firsthand what will and will not be relevant; it is essentially asking for all this very sensitive and detailed personal information without giving you any kind of specifics for your tasks in return, after all).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I understand. And, I guess I can't know what will be required, and to what extent, before signing up?

As I said, I'd love to be in that activity; in fact, in the old site, I had almost everything ready to present it for review to ice arceus before my associates forgot about the project and I left the site, but without knowing the amount of time and commitment it might require of me it might be simply too much to ask (I can be available quite often, but some parts of the application make me slightly uncomfortable about answering them without knowing firsthand what will and will not be relevant; it is essentially asking for all this very sensitive and detailed personal information without giving you any kind of specifics for your tasks in return, after all).

Requirements vary from activity to activity, and even from position to position in some cases for those activities with multiple staff (eg, CaC which I am hosting but HS is judging). In the case of the activity you're interested in (Dream It & Design It, I believe?), your best bet would be to send a PM to @Ice Arceus (since he is the head of Creative Works and is therefore involved in all of the activities for that section) and he can give you more detailed information to help you judge whether or not you'd be suited to help with staffing.

DreamingMunna

Zzz
Can we post a thread looking for players that live in the same area? To make new friends, battle, etc. Or is meeting people IRL against the rules?
If it's ok, what thread can I post it in? Beach Life?

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Can we post a thread looking for players that live in the same area? To make new friends, battle, etc. Or is meeting people IRL against the rules?
If it's ok, what thread can I post it in? Beach Life?

You can post this in tournaments & reports for now in the section (VG or TCG) you're interested in. There is a battle now thread in the VG section, but it's not specifically geared toward meeting up in real life. Maybe one thread for members to post where they are from would be more beneficial for this instead of multiple topics. Keep in mind I'm going to discuss this idea with the staff, and we may expand on it some. Thanks for your interest in this topic! :)

DreamingMunna

Zzz
You can post this in tournaments & reports for now in the section (VG or TCG) you're interested in. There is a battle now thread in the VG section, but it's not specifically geared toward meeting up in real life. Maybe one thread for members to post where they are from would be more beneficial for this instead of multiple topics. Keep in mind I'm going to discuss this idea with the staff, and we may expand on it some. Thanks for your interest in this topic! :)

That would be great, because I'm really shy in person. And a lot of times I go to leagues and I can't talk to people easily, if at all. It would be nice to meet people here first, get to know them better, make sure they're not weirdos or crazys lol and THEN meet at leagues and stuff. Thank you for responding! Have a good night. :)

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Anyone know what happened to the Quick Reply feature? It's not showing at all on the bottom of the page in a thread.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Someone earlier in the thread was also unable to see the Quick Reply boxes, but clearing their cache and browser data fixed the problem, so I would suggest trying that.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Clearing my browser history of this site yesterday and the Quick Reply feature came back today.

I'm not sure why it just randomly decided to do that but it's fixed now.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Can someone explain what the "stay logged in" option does when logging in? I usually don't check that option and today, when already logged and about to post a reply, a message of error appeared saying that I was not logged! Does it have a timer or something when not checking the "stay logged in"?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Checking that button causes PokéBeach to keep you automatically logged in whenever you're on PokéBeach on the same computer with the same internet browser. If you do not have it checked, PokéBeach will automatically log you out after a certain amount of idle time. If you are using a private computer, checking the "stay logged in" button is handy since it stops you from being logged out and therefore you can access things faster and without the hassle of needing to type your password every time you visit the site. However, it is not recommended to stay logged in if you are using a public or shared computer since it may give someone else access to your account.

professorlight

Ice Queen
Is there a way to link to specific posts on the new software? I used to be able to get the URL addresses of posts by clicking on the forum thread name on top of each one (I think it was that way), and use it with the URL code, but that option seems to be lost now.

In my old thread, where I used it to signal specific posts, I can still click on the words (and can't seem to remove the URL shortcut either), and the link takes me to a blank screen, I suppose due to the nonexistent address.