Hate geocities sites?

jynx

Aspiring Trainer
Hm...I found out that it seems that people from Europe and America hate/ dont like/ does not rely on websites hosted on Geocities!

Geocities sites are often ignored in terms of affiliation.

I wonder why.

So, do you hate geocities sites, or maybe other free hosted sites? And why?

As far as english-speaking site go, people see geocities, tripod, anglefire, homestead used to be one, ect. sites as lower quality because they have a reputation for having simple fan sites, or just sites made by inexperienced people in general. Not only because they're free, but because they have those "easy page maker" things, which generally don't make pages look professional unless you work pretty hard on it. Also, the pop up ads, and corner geocities ads are looked down upon in general, the closest to those that are acceptable on big sites are the ads put there by the owners to make money.
So, in the end it just all comes down to the free hosts having a big history of running a bunch of kids' Yu-Gi-Oh sites when they were 10 years old, and just seeing geocities as the host of the page knocks down it's credibility to some people, almost no serious large site would ever affiliate with a link from geocities, but that might be because people don't start sites that they expect to be respected by others on geocities to begin with.

Hiya,
If you want the best free easiest web making/hosting, I suggest freewebs(www.freewebs.com). I suggest you find another site to host (Walgata.com is a good one) because freewebs is sometimes to slow when you're downloading stuff.
And...You have to start from nothing...Then, slowly make your site nice, keep it with update and getting a forum is nice too. Give what other site can't give. Then, get a payhost, find some affilate and just wait.

Hope it helps,

cya.

RE:  Hate geocities sites?

Porygon said:
As far as english-speaking site go, people see geocities, tripod,  anglefire, homestead used to be one, ect. sites as lower quality because they have a reputation for having simple fan sites, or just sites made by inexperienced people in general. Not only because they're free, but because they have those "easy page maker" things, which generally don't make pages look professional unless you work pretty hard on it. Also, the pop up ads, and corner geocities ads are looked down upon in general, the closest to those that are acceptable on big sites are the ads put there by the owners to make money.
So, in the end it just all comes down to the free hosts having a  big history of running a bunch of kids' Yu-Gi-Oh sites when they were 10 years old, and just seeing geocities as the host of the page knocks down it's credibility to some people, almost no serious large site would ever affiliate with a link from geocities, but that might be because people don't start sites that they expect to be respected by others on geocities to begin with.
I didn't know that geocities of "easy page maker" o_O|||

So, its the general concept thing?
What if there's a very good geocities site?

hm....the ads are really annoying, I totally agree with that.
But getting a real domain is very expensive though...

PS: I couldn't register in tiny.org it says that I have to be in either some countries or some other countries...But I'm indeed in UK o_O|||

Back