Halo 3: 1 v 1 Tournament Set-Up!

bonsly1994

Croagunk, one of the faithful
Looking for some 1 v 1 action? Me too! Well here we go, post here with the following criteria:

Gamertag: (Or GT)
Level:
EXP:
Rating: (Like this : N00by, n00b, average, semi-pro, pro)
Anything else:

Example for me:

GT: DoubleDown9
Level: 42
EXP: 1500
Rating: Semi-pro
Anything else: I only do MLG settings, my preference is MLG Guardian.

Got all that done? Good! But your not done... Here are the rules of this 1 v 1's.

Rules:
Settings: (Whatever the two people decide to put on, can't decide? Then PM or post here and i'll decide for you)
Kill limit: MAX 25, preferably first to 15.
Time limit: 12 minutes
Map: Guardian, Heretic, Octagon, or any other forged maps etc. I approve. Or if you two decide on a map with consenting me about it.
Etc.: No trash talk, profane language etc. in this thread or trash talking done through PM etc. Keep it in the game and if somebody warns you they don't want that and I hear you did, your booted from the tournament.
Players: The max players for the tournament will be 32. If we do, once a week we'll have 4 8 player FFA on Heretic to try and boost your Ranking.
Accounts: No registering 2 accounts! If I find out, your booted as well.
Reporting: To report each game, post here in the thread with who won, who lost, and the link to the game from Bungie.net for proof.
Cheating: If you have a problem with someone cheating, etc. in the game then save the film and send it to me as well as post here to let me know. Cheating is grounds for dismissal. (See illegal spots below VVV)
Games: Games will be best of 1, or best of 3 depending on the round of the tournament.

Got it? Good! Now listen to this Ranking system, this is how you'll progress through the tournament...

The first 2 weeks of tournament will be free play. No single elimination. You aloud 1 official game per day to make it fair. So max games accounted for at the end of the tourney must account to 12. Free play consists of this... I'll pair up each player with another one from this thread. They will be PMed their matches details, or it will be posted in this thread. If your a no-show, you automatically take the loss. You need to be in the lobby 5 mins. with the other person before designated start time. A player not shown after 5 mins. of deadline will take the automatic loss, if we have both no-shows, the match will be re-scheduled. You have a rank by record. X-X-X. Wins-Losses-Ties. I don't think we'll ever have a tie so don't worry about that column to much. After the first 2 weeks, top 16 will be accepted. If we have ties, i'll go further into it. If worst comes worst, we have playoffs for the ties. Top 16 will then be Winner and Loser bracket set-up style. I will explain that part of the tournament when it happens.

Cheating:
Check this link to see the illegal spots not usable, you use them? DQ for you sir.
Illegal Spots

Report:
Please, please, please both players post the stats of the game so I can check. Please supply link of the Bungie.net game as well.

Current players:

1. bonsly1994 (DoubleDown9)

I am the admin of this tournament obviously. If you have ANY questions, problems, etc. post here or PM me. As for myself, here's my style of play...

bonsly1994 (gt: DoubleDown9)
I ONLY play MLG settings. Those are the most fair and take the most skill.
I like first to 15.
I like to play on MLG Guardian.

So post away friends, if in a week I do not see many players i'm afraid i'll have to close this tourney down and we don't want that! So hurry, spread the word!

Questions? PM me!

Back