Writing Haiku Contest IV (Congrats, Zy and Darkvoid57!)

Which three poems are your favorites?

• Bippa201's

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Apollo's

• Syneptus's

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Assassin's

• Zyflair's

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Darkvoid57's

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Incinermyn

Biweekly Haiku Contest IV

Rules and Entry Requirements:

1.) Post here saying that you want to enter and you’ll be accepted. Please note that the limit for entries is twelve per contest and signup ends once that tally has been met or the deadline for signups and submissions has passed.

2.) Participation requires simply that all entrants write a three-line short poem in haiku format (the alternating "Five-Seven-Five Syllables" per line set up) to be voted upon once all entries have been submitted (which will also be copy-and-pasted into this post when I have the time to do so). All submissions are final, but the only restrictions are that participants have until about 12:00PM (Central Time) the second Thursday (October 6th, 2011) after this post has been made to submit their poems here. The fan fiction moderator may scrutinize the quality of poems and completely unintelligible submissions might be automatically disqualified; however, you will not be penalized for occasional small errors.

3.) All writings much have bear some hinting to the select theme for each contest, just to keep things somewhat even. The theme for this contest will be School and/or College Life (You don't have to currently be in either, just know the experience of them). After all submissions have been made or the deadline has passed, a poll will be created that will be open for all members of PokéBeach to vote for their favorites in. Voting for your own poem will not be permitted and also be closely monitored to prevent cheating (basically, if I see that you’ve voted for your own, I’m just going to dock you a point).

Participant List
1.) Bippa201
2.) Myself
3.) Syneptus
4.) The Assassin
5.) Zyflair
6.) Darkvoid57

Haiku List (in order of authors entered contest)

1.) A Haiku of Homework
Ugh, all this homework
There’s so much, it makes me mad
And it’s nice outside

2.) Triple Shots
Late night studies were
always a breeze with three cups
of cappucino.

3.) Haiku of College Applications
Flood of paperwork,
I'm drowning in its sheer mass,
All for a good cause.

4.) Papercuts
Paper, you mad bro?
Why you always hurting me?
Gotta' write this man...

5.) Education
Paper and a pen
Facts, formulas, nothing fun
Shows not how to live

6.) Crammed
I am crammed inside
A dark and lonely locker.
Bullies rule the school...

RE: Haiku Contest IV (Entries & Submissions taken starting now)

I'm entering.

A Haiku of Homework
Ugh, all this homework
There’s so much, it makes me mad
And it’s nice outside

I think I got the apostrophes right this time.

Likewise, I think I'll add myself right from the beginning this time rather than coming in later as a filler.

Entering myself as well.

Haiku of College Applications
Flood of paperwork,
I'm drowning in its sheer mass,
All for a good cause.

I'll be updating the lists either tonight or tomorrow. I've got my own ready as well, but won't have computer-based Internet until later.

Edit: Updated. I'll be checking regularly for any new entries and try to keep the OP updated as regularly as I can.

Derp, entering. Derp.

Papercuts
Paper, you mad bro?
Why you always hurting me?
Gotta' write this man...

And, added. Good to see a song-writer/poet taking the time out for this! :)

Apollo the Incinermyn said:
And, added. Good to see a song-writer/poet taking the time out for this! :)

I miss this place, what can I say? You guys are gonna start seeing some more of my work in the near future. Not quite the right place to mention that, so I'll add this in for the sake of staying on topic; We can only submit one haiku per contest right?

Sign me up:

Education
Paper and a pen
Facts, formulas, nothing fun
Shows not how to live

@TA: Yep, one per contest, though Syneptus suggested a chain-poem type idea to me just a little ago I may start using in the future.

@Zy: I'll update it in the OP shortly.

Got it, thanks.

Darkvoid57 has been added to the running by request via PM. I'm a little tentative about the syllable count in the first line, though, since I tried to help him with a slight proofread beforehand. If it's short, someone let me know ASAP and I'll break the first word into its full form instead of a contraction like I did for him.

I'd break the contraction just to make it clear.

I wanna enter! :

Pokemon Haikou:

Gotta catch em all,
To become the very best,
Pokemon master!

Three words: read the rules.
Apollo the Incinermyn said:
All writings much have bear some hinting to the select theme for each contest, just to keep things somewhat even. The theme for this contest will be School and/or College Life (You don't have to currently be in either, just know the experience of them).

If you resubmit one that meets the theme, BlastBurn, I'll accept it. Does that sound fair?

*Face-Palm* Sorry guys. Sounds good, and Ill repost in a little bit

By rights, I should toughen up about enforcing contest rules, but to be fair to everyone, I give people a second chance if they'll take it since this contest only has had a few regulars and the turnout for writing contests in general isn't large even with the participant allowance being set at twelve.

Also, on a side-note, the reason I haven't gone with Pokemon themes is mostly to get people writing about other subject and a lot of Pokemon poems can turn out bland unless you're really good at poetry from my gathering.

Today is the last day for submissions and entry. Around noon tomorrow (Central Time), I'll be creating a poll for public judging.

RE: Haiku Contest IV (Voting starts now)

Alright, the poll's been added and submissions are closed. Voting started as of five minutes ago (sorry, it took me a few minutes to get it up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back