Help Guzzlord Deck

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
I'm trying to make a Guzzlord Deck for tournaments, can anyone give me some pointers to help me out?

Don't.

Gardy still wrecks it and has Resistance to Darkness, Buzzwole is a thing now, and 180 isn't enough to OHKO top Pokémon like Golisopod-GX and Zoroark-GX.

Cute concept that should be saved only for Prereleases.

Don't.

Gardy still wrecks it and has Resistance to Darkness, Buzzwole is a thing now, and 180 isn't enough to OHKO top Pokémon like Golisopod-GX and Zoroark-GX.

Cute concept that should be saved only for Prereleases.
I'm gonna find a way to make it work. Just you wait

There are two ways to play.
Strategy 1
Pokémon: 4
4 Guzzlord GX
Energy: 56
56 Dark Energy
Self explanatory.

Strategy: 2
This strategy focuses to play Guzzlord in a sane way: it still carries some 30 energy cards, but it plays cards other decks would play. Staples.

The choice is up to you. I can’t get my hands on any Guzzlord, though, so I can’t test either method yet.

I would LOVE to see something with guzzlord work. Seriously if you try, I'm not sure how you can ever draw those choice bands but to avoid mulliganing 5 times before you play, maybe throw in some Alolan Vulpix that'll help you pull out the guzzlord and leave the rest of the energy behind.

I ran into this deck online last night. I can tell you this....it was short

Turn 1: I started with zorua in the active, attached a dark energy

His turn 1: one guzzlord in active, used eat sloppily and got all 5 energy

My turn 2: ultra ball to get zoroark GX, attached second dark energy and choice band, used GX attack to copy Guzz's 180 plus30 for OHKO

Game over.

Back