Guild Wars 2

H( )UND

What happens if you throw an Eevee into Space?
With the launch just about here I thought it appropriate to make a thread! Having pre-ordered it I'd very much like to know who else plays it! What server did you choose. What is your favorite class and why? What do you like about the game? Dislike? Or if you just wanna get together and play with a fellow Pokebeach member on your server!Cool news, events, or happenings about GW2 belong here in this thread! Who knows, mabye we could start our own Pokebeach guild! That would be great! (All hunters with Pokemon pet names! Ho ho ho! Just kidding!)

Anyways, I'll kick it off!

Server: Tarnished Coast
Main character: H O U N D, Charr Warrior lvl 14 as of today!
Why? Cause Charr are super cool and I always have loved fast heavy-hitting playstyles. If you'd like to add me to your buddies list or play together sometime just mail me or whisper me in game, PM at Pokebeach, GW2 account name: HOUND.6059

Nobody? T.T Guess a mod can lock this then.

....so alone.

The game looks promising, had I a better laptop I would buy it. :(

Engineer and Mesmer look the most interesting to me. :)

The game looks amazing.

Unfortunately the spec requirements are too much for our computer.

Computer Gaming makes me cry sometimes. ;-;

Unfortunately way too much for my comp, or else I would probably pick it up in due time (give em time to work out the kinks). Love the dynamic event system, active combat, looks great, seems like the fans won't be totally gypped by unfulfilled promises.

Also no monthly fee is amazing for an online game.

I actually can run the game,but I don't currently have the money to pay for the monthly subscription MMOs usually have.

corn bread said:
Seriously?Well i guess IL pick it up some time in the near future then.Engineer looks fun to play as.

Yes! It's quite a fun game. Let me know whenever you get it! Haven't gotten much of a chance to play the past week due to work and other responsibilities but I hope to see you online!

I am actually thinking about buying this game. Could any of you guys give me a list of both positives and negatives about it?

Nigel said:
I am actually thinking about buying this game. Could any of you guys give me a list of both positives and negatives about it?

Positives:
No monthly fee
Unique gameplay (way different than other mmos)
Huge playerbase (Both new and carried over from the first game)
Very user-oriented and friendly/helpful customer support
Great graphics, great soundtrack, beautiful art
Very immersive (I can spend hours and not get bored)
Completely voiced storyline, no endless text to browse
No quests, just real time events happening all over the maps
No class-based gameplay: no healers, no tanks, no dps but still requires strategy
Easy to pick up and play, no steep learning curve like EVE or other mmos, even easier than WoW without being a faceroll
Amazing PvP (Server vs. Server vs. Server, literally hundreds of players duking it out)
Unique leveling system

Negatives:
Overloaded servers (huge playerbase, but surprisingly no lag, it's just hard to get on a server with friends)
Storyline is so-so, nothing too original
While there are some mold breaking classes they aren't too original, it relies more on the gameplay than the specific roles
Can't really think of anymore

If youd like me to expand on any of these points feel free to ask! ^_^

I heard your level gets adjusted when you go to lower-level zones. What do you think about this?

Alright I finally picked up this game,and its actually really fun.

Server:Tarnished Coast
Main character:Domrac,currently a level 3 human thief

Anyone here that has the game can feel free to add me to their buddies list.

Back