• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard GreninjArk GX

chrisg1904

Aspiring Trainer
Hello All! This is my first post in a PTCG forum. I'm a long time Yu-Gi-Oh! player, and I moved over to PTCG because this game has brought me and my fiance together.

I have two different builds for this Greninja GX / Zoroark GX decks. Please comment with positive criticism and help me make this better!!

GreninjaArk Deck #1
3x Greninja GX
3x Frogardier
4x Froakie (Forbidden Light 21)
3x Zoroark GX
3x Zorua
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Oranguru (Ultra Prism)

4x Ultra Ball
3x Nest Ball
3x Timer Ball
2x Aqua Patch
2x Choice Banda
1x Rescue Stretcher
1x Brooklet Hill

3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x Acerola
2x Apricorn Maker
2x Lillie
2x Mallow

7x Water Energy
4x Double Colorless Energy

GreninjaArk Deck #2
3x Greninja GX
3x Frogardier
4x Zoroark GX
4x Zorua
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Oranguru (Ultra Prism)

4x Nest Ball
4x Ultra Ball
3x Timer Ball
2x Choice Banda
1x Aqua Patch
1x Rescue Stretcher
2x Brooklet Hill

3x Apricorn Maker
3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x Acerola
2x Lillie
1x Cyrus Prism Star
1x Mallow

3x Water Energy

I have been practicing both. Currently on #1. I saw the news article here on PokeBeach that showed this deck, and I already had all the cards. I'm used to playing Enhanced Hammers & Field Blowers, but this deck doesn't run it. So I feel like this deck only concentrates on attacking and putting damage down. I don't see a lot of use for Cyrus.

My active/bench line usually revolves around 2 Zoroark, 1 Tapu Lele, and 3 Greninja. Please, any helpful criticism and changes would be helpful. I will be testing anything helps.
Thoughts on having Tapu Koko Promo or Deoxys (67) in the deck?

*UPDATE: After further testing with @AlphaVoxel's comments, This is the current Greninja Zoroark Deck I'm running.

GreninjaArk Deck #3
3x Greninja GX
3x Frogardier
3x Zoroark GX
3x Zorua
2x Tapu Lele GX

3x Aqua Patch
3x Nest Ball
3x Timer Ball
3x Ultra Ball
2x Choice Banda
2x Enhanced Hammer
2x Brooklet Hill

3x Cynthia
3x Guzma
2x Acerola
2x Apricorn Maker
2x Lillie
1x Mallow

7x Water Energy

Last edited:

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
Hey! Glad you decided to join (Yugioh is fun, but sometimes it's nice to play a card game where you won't get Ash'd or whatever 3 times in 1 turn...). I think both lists look pretty good. From what I remember from playing against Greninja decks, the aim is more or less to spread a bit of damage everywhere, then take easy KOs with either Greninja or whatever you paired it with (I have personally seen/played against Glaceon GX and Kingdra). I think the second list would probably work a bit better for you, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Generally, Cyrus is used in a more disruptive way, especially if your opponent has taken a fair bit of time to set things up. If you don't like it, you could always replace it with a Field Blower or something.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

chrisg1904

Aspiring Trainer
Hey! Glad you decided to join (Yugioh is fun, but sometimes it's nice to play a card game where you won't get Ash'd or whatever 3 times in 1 turn...). I think both lists look pretty good. From what I remember from playing against Greninja decks, the aim is more or less to spread a bit of damage everywhere, then take easy KOs with either Greninja or whatever you paired it with (I have personally seen/played against Glaceon GX and Kingdra). I think the second list would probably work a bit better for you, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Generally, Cyrus is used in a more disruptive way, especially if your opponent has taken a fair bit of time to set things up. If you don't like it, you could always replace it with a Field Blower or something.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thank you for having me, haha! My Fiance runs Alolan Ninetales GX deck or her current ZoroGlaceon deck. In play testing, I get shut down by Glaceon, can't do much but just put damage out against it. Deck#2 slows down the most against a Glaceon deck.

Thank you for your thoughts on Cyrus. If anything, I'm ok with taking damage if my Greninja gets hit (easy back to deck). I'm not too afraid of Choice Bands or Stadiums, so with your input, I may find space for 2 Enhanced Hammers. I think this'll be more disruptive to my opponent.

chrisg1904

Aspiring Trainer
*UPDATE*: After further testing with @AlphaVoxel's comments, GreninjaArk Deck #3 is the current deck I'm running. This is probably the fastest it's run without any problems of slowing down. I never liked N at 4, and I feel the same with Cynthia. Lillie at 2, in case one falls into prizes. I always end up using and Ultra Ball at 4 and pitching another Ultra Ball, so I cut it down to 3.

XCITE

Aspiring Trainer
I would take out an enhanced hammer and trade it for field blower. also the 3 aqua patch is unnecessary imo so I would trade 2 for another zoroark gx line

Shikageru

Aspiring Trainer
Okay, a couple things. First off, hello to a former Yugioh player from a fellow retired yugioh player. That's cool as all get out this game is a big connection for you n your fiancee together.

I've been a fan of greninja since forever, and who doesn't love Zoroark? The real question I have for you is this: who are you playing against? Now, I fully believe you should build the deck you want to believe in, not the deck the meta calls for, but the "smart" player says you look at your likely opposition and play both consistently and to the meta. Greninja does very much pair off well with Zoroark, because both love dce's. Here's the thing though. There's an alternative to water energy. You could play techs and rainbow energy, excluding a bit of the water and a mallow and the timer balls for magcargo, for instance. You had the ulp Oranguru in previously which is great for Zoroark as a means to recover dce's and anything else discarded or lost accidentally.

You can play enhanced hammers as you do to slow down your fiancee's build, but if you look at the meta, besides Zoroark and rainbow energy (and I suppose beast energy), we are away from a special energy format right now. Its not a bad idea, but instead you could Kartana gx if you ran acerola/rainbow energy or something else similar.

Otherwise, if you aren't looking to tech heavily for matchups, I like the list mostly as is. If consider a flying flip koko, latios (psychic), or something else to answer shrine and hoops/baby alolan ninetales, but its a good list already. 4-4 Zoroark is nice but it depends if you are attacking with em or just using it for trading.

Hope that helps some!

chrisg1904

Aspiring Trainer
@XCITE - I don't think I want to run max 4-4 Zoroark line. Also I will address the Enhanced Hammers with Shikageru. The 3 Aqua Patch is a lot. I do want 2, but I can definitely find a slot for something else to replace the third one.

@Shikageru - To answer your initial question: I have played against 2 types of Malamar decks, 2 Buzzwole/Lycanroc, 1 Zoroark/Glaceon, 1 Zoroark/Ninetales. I have considered putting in Tapu Koko, or Latios. I will play test with those. The decks I played against were from this weekend's tournament. I got 3rd place.

Malamar Decks: these decks could OHKO anybody, of course, but I was able to get over them with a good set up. The Frogadier & Greninja abilities helped, and then swing with Zoroark GX for the KO. Nothing much, it could have gone both ways.

Buzzwole/Lycanroc: Zoroark is weak to Fighting, so they got the win over me. Choice Bands, no special energies except Beast Energy Prism, Diancie Prism, put Buzzwole over my HP for OHKOs. If I had Field Blowers I could have won against this. Because of this, I'm considering 1 Enhanced Hammer & 2 Field Blowers. We'll see when I get to building this week.

Zoroark/Glaceon: I can see how it shuts me down, and it really does if they popped off. Luckily, I popped off first and was able to get the win. This is one deck I don't think I can get over with Enhanced Hammers. Quagsire from Dragon Majesty is out, and water swarmed the field with energy pretty fast. I got the W though!!

Zoroark/Ninetales: Only issue was the Baby Ninetales. I got the W. I definitely need to put in 1 or 2 non GX attackers for these foxes.

*EVERYONE - Thank you for the help and support!! 3rd Place is definitely awesome, but with all of your help I believe I can get 1st. Thank you all!!