• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Gourgeist

Sorpah

King of Not Much
3 Gourgeist (CI)
3 Pumpkaboo (CI)
4 Klefki (SS)
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oranguru (SM)
2 Tapu Koko (SM30)

4 N
3 Professor Sycamore
3 Guzma
2 Brigette

4 Ultra Ball
3 Nest Ball
4 Rescue Stretcher
2 Field Blower
2 Special Charge
2 Energy Lotto
4 Choice Band
4 Float Stone
2 Dashing Pouch
2 Poison Barb

4 Double Colorless Energy

This deck is built around Gourgeist's attack

(C)(C) Pumpkin Bomb 10+
Before doing damage, you may discard any number of Pokemon Tool cards from your Pokemon. This attack does 40 more damage for each card you discarded this way.

The basic strategy is hit your opponent with attacks fueled by regular tools at the beginning and rely on recycled Klefki and remaining tools for late game attacks. Tapu Koko is for softening up big pokemon; Particularly Metagross GX which is entirely impossible to one-shot with its 150 hp and Psychic resistance. Oranguru and Tauros are mildly useful in this deck but it's entirely necessary to have enough pokemon to attach my tools to so they seemed best. Four Rescue stretcher is weird but they really help create a consistent stream of Klefki which can be attached with and as a tool. What do youse guys think?

Last edited:

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
I would switch dash pouch for bodybuilding dumbells, its just a better tool.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi Sorpah,

Nice list. Consider to replace Dash Pouch with Bobybuilding Dumbbells and Tauros GX for either a fourth Pumpkaboo or a second Tapu Koko.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with ditching Tauros, but I'd replace him with psychic-type Oranguru (CRI) to recover tools during mid-game, when you can afford prize-trading.

Dashing Pouch can be replaced by Poison Barb, so that supports that are targeted on a Guzma can squeeze damage. You won't have much use for any other item anyway.

I'd also up the Guzma and Lotto counts, the former to counter Guzma-stall from your opponent and the latter because you cannot afford to not have a DCE at any time. But I wouldn't know what to remove as of now.

Sorpah

King of Not Much
Thanks for the input.

I'll definitely replace Tauros GX with another baby Koko. Another Pumpkaboo won't be necessary with 4 Rescue Stretcher. I'd use CI Oranguru if I was doing expanded and my Gourgeist could attack for one psychic and Dimension Valley. As it is I don't like adding Psychic energy for that attack.

Dashing Pouch has been weirdly super useful in my games so far but I should definitely drop 2. Both Bodybuilding Dumbells and Poison Barb help me against Golisopod/Garb which is my worst match up, but Poison Barb also helps me with my Metagross GX problems so I'll add two of those.

I totally agree on another Guzma and another Lotto but space is difficult to find and I don't want to drop my tool count or any of my Pokemon. I'll probably drop one Nest Ball for one of them but I wouldn't feel good about dropping two.

- 1 Tauros GX
+1 Tapu Koko
-2 Dashing Pouch
+2 Poison Barb
-1 Nest Ball
+ 1 Guzma

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
The best way to recycle tools, in my opinion, it to use the Crimson Invasion Oranguru. Do try that out.

Sorpah

King of Not Much
That requires reworking the entire deck. Making space for Oranguru and the necessary psychic energy is tough. I think the reason this deck is working so far is that, instead of focusing on recycling tools I'm focusing on recycling Klefkis which are way easier to recycle.

I'll try a build with Crimson Invasion Oranguru and post here how it goes.