• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod GX/Garbodor

The Golden Mewtwo

Currently crying because I'm a 16 year old senior
hello testing this deck right now, probably taking it to reigonals so give me feedback to help!

Pokemon:

Golisopod GX x3
Wimpod x4 (burning shadows one)
Tapu Lele GX x1 (I will add 2 more but I dont know what to cut)
Tapu Fini GX x1 (this is purely to counter volcanion/ho-oh)
Garbodor x2 (breakpoint one)
Garbodor x1 (guardians rising one)
trubbish x2 (breakpoint one)
trubbish x1 (guardians rising one)
Tapu koko promo x1
Oranguru x1
Shining Genesect x1

Supporters:

Professor Sycamore x4
N x3
Guzma x4
Acerola x3
Brigette x1
Lusamine x2

Items:

Ultra ball x4
Field blower x2
Rescue stretcher x1
choice band x3
Float stone x4

Stadiums:

Energy:

Double colorless energy x3
Rainbow energy x4
Grass energy x4

please leave any comments about what you think about this deck! Thanks!

Last edited:
I prefer a 4/2-2 Garb line in order to better guarantee you'll get the late game trashalance if you need it. I also like 2 FF Koko for early game and free retreat.

Not convinced about parallel city. On paper, it doesn't seem to add much to the deck. Why have you included it?

You might want to use another Acerola and 4 N. Acerola was my MVP last tournament and I used it more than anything else. 4 Float stones and 4 choice band are also a must for garbotoxin - you need to outpace field blowers where possible. it also helps you to have free retreaters if Koko goes.

Max potion and switch aren't very useful because your main strategy should involve scooping up damage with Acerola, and you'll see your Pokemon either OHKO or safe. Switch is a single use float stone and best avoided here imo.

Kukui won't help much because Golisopod is a 2 hit deck. It helps with the optimal math assuming a choice band on a Gpod (120 + 30 + 20) only puts Lele into OHKO territory but that card isn't a huge threat since you only use one energy with Gol.

hello testing this deck right now, probably taking it to reigonals so give me feedback to help!

Pokemon:

Golisopod GX x3
Wimpod x4 (burning shadows one)
Tapu Lele GX x1 (I will add 2 more but I dont know what to cut)
Tapu Fini GX x1 (this is purely to counter volcanion/ho-oh)
Garbodor x2 (breakpoint one)
Garbodor x1 (guardians rising one)
trubbish x2 (breakpoint one)
trubbish x1 (guardians rising one)
Tapu koko promo x1

Supporters:

Lillie x1
Professor Sycamore x4
N x3
Guzma x4
Acerola x3
Brigette x1
Skyla x1

Items:

Ultra ball x4
Field blower x2
Heavy ball x1
Rescue stretcher x1
Switch x3
choice band x3
Float stone x4

Stadiums:

Energy:

Double colorless energy x3
Rainbow energy x4
Grass energy x4

please leave any comments about what you think about this deck! Thanks!

Hey, nice list. Just to let you know, you happen to have 62 cards in your deck. Just a heads up. Some suggestions I had:

-1 Skyla: This card (in my opinion) doesn't seem to fit the idea of the deck. Most of the time, you'll be using either Acerola, Guzma, or Sycamore. I get that it helps with the one card search (like getting that crucial Float Stone) but wasting a slot just one doesn't seem worth it to me.

-1 Lillie: A great card, but mainly only for decks that don't have turn 1 Brigette. If you planning to use it late game (after an N to two or something like that) you first have to find it and not discard it throughout the whole game.

-3 Switch: I know it works well with Golisopd GX, but that is what Guzma and Acerola are for. Not to mention drawing into one late game doesn't help with draw support.

Cards I suggest putting in (if you take out the cards mentioned above {also, I made from for the 62 card errata}):

+1 Acerola: Great Card to remove what could have been a prize for your opponent as well as another way to insert a Golisopod GX in the active spot during your turn. Synergizes well with Rainbow Energy.

+1 Oranguru: This card helps a lot late game when your down to top deck mode. Even if you do play the Garbotoxion, it's there incase you need it and if your opponent Field Blowers a Float Stone.

+1 N: Just another great draw support to help get the resources you need early game as well as disrupt you opponent. If the Regional you mentioned is after the release of Cynthia, I suggest playing that instead of this N.

The only other thing I'd suggest is a 2nd Brigette just because you need that set up if you want to win. You can go without it, but just keep in mind the risk of missing the turn 1 Brigette. Also, definitely remove a energy (one of your choice) and the Heavy Ball for two Tapu Lele GXs. if you don't feel like cutting one of these cards, just go for playing two Tapu Lele GXs overall (maybe remove the Tapu Koko promo if you can't cut anything else).

Anyways, I hope this helps and I wish you luck at the Regional. Let me know what you think, thanks!

What is your opinion of Jolteon-EX as opposed to Tapu Fini-GX as a Fire Counter? You'll need 2 attachments, but should get enough protection to get (Flash Ray) a lot of work in which could swing the matchup your way. With a CB Flash Ray 2HKO non FFB mon...and only gets damaged by Shell Trap- and as long as you hit him first- you wouldnt be KO'd... and yes they can Guzma around it, but dont put 6 prizes on your bench and you'll be ok?

I think fini is a better option, not only for the fire counter but for switching purposes with it’s first attack

I think fini is a better option, not only for the fire counter but for switching purposes with it’s first attack
Jolteon completely locks Volcanion out of the game though. Also, Jolteon has free retreat. And in a pinch, you can use Golie's GX attack and take 2 prizes. Believe me, Fini is super underwhelming in the long stretch of the game.

Jolteon completely locks Volcanion out of the game though. Also, Jolteon has free retreat. And in a pinch, you can use Golie's GX attack and take 2 prizes. Believe me, Fini is super underwhelming in the long stretch of the game.
I agree. Jolteon is much better than Tapu Fini and if you really want a disruptive GX attack use Xurkitree.

Back