• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Golisopod GX Dawn Wings

Jayfeather

Brigitte One Trick
Hello Pokebeach,

Moving into a format of shrine decks, I wanted to make one that can stand up to them and other decks with an rays rock manage aggressive attack. I thought since Golisopod GX was having success, I’d make a list focusing around it. This is a VEY roughy list, haven’t used it yet. The goal is to hit big numbers with Golisopod GX and modifiers, then switch to another with Dawn wings and altar of the moone. What do you think? Here’s the list:

Pokémon: 18
4 Wimpod
3 Golisopod GX
2 Tapu Koko
2 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX
3 Fomantis
3 Lurantis
1 Dedenne

Supporters: 16
4 Cynthia
4 Guzma
3 Tate and Liza
1 Copycat
1 Lillie
3 Acerola

Items: 15
3 Choice Band
4 Ultra Ball
2 Nest Ball
2 Timer Ball
2 Rescue Stretcher
1 Field Blower
1 Energy Loto

Stadiums: 4
4 Altar of the Moone

Energy: 7
7 Grass Energy

You need Psychic energy to pull off Altar of the Moone, which requires too many energy attachments per turn

I'm a firm believer that Dawn Wings should stick to Malamar and that Golisopod should stick with Zoroark, it just asks for too much when you try to put them together, especially with Shrine being extremely good and popular

You need Psychic energy to pull off Altar of the Moone
DINGDINGDING!

I still don't get the Dedenne/Koko thing. I also don't get the Tate and Liza thing. Boy, do we have work to do!:D
Cut a Koko, a Dedenne, and ALL the T&L's. If you have T&L AND 4 Guzma AND 4 Cynthia, that's too much.
Add a third Dawn Wings Necrozma, a fourth Golisopod, and two Rainbow Energy.
BONUS ROUND
Cut 2 Grass Energy for 2 Rainbow Energy. Altar of the Moone still works.

That's what I think. See ya!

DINGDINGDING!

I still don't get the Dedenne/Koko thing. I also don't get the Tate and Liza thing. Boy, do we have work to do!:D
Cut a Koko, a Dedenne, and ALL the T&L's. If you have T&L AND 4 Guzma AND 4 Cynthia, that's too much.
Add a third Dawn Wings Necrozma, a fourth Golisopod, and two Rainbow Energy.
BONUS ROUND
Cut 2 Grass Energy for 2 Rainbow Energy. Altar of the Moone still works.

That's what I think. See ya!
If they cut the tate a lizza they would have 6 draw supporters 2 of which being fairly weak in this deck meaning his deck would be inconsistent so no the tate and lizzas should stay.

also as mentioned above the altar of moon/dawn wings strat doesnt work in a golisopod deck you should stick with switch,guzma,acerola for refreshing golisopod

You need Psychic energy to pull off Altar of the Moone, which requires too many energy attachments per turn

I'm a firm believer that Dawn Wings should stick to Malamar and that Golisopod should stick with Zoroark, it just asks for too much when you try to put them together, especially with Shrine being extremely good and popular
Oh.. I'm an idiot. the liza is there for draw support and switch. If you guys think I should scrap the list and go for another idea let me know. I'm just looking for a decklist that can stand up to shrine.

If they cut the tate a lizza they would have 6 draw supporters 2 of which being fairly weak in this deck meaning his deck would be inconsistent so no the tate and lizzas should stay.

also as mentioned above the altar of moon/dawn wings strat doesnt work in a golisopod deck you should stick with switch,guzma,acerola for refreshing golisopod
WHOA
I've never actually considered Tate and Liza to be an actual draw supporter, and rather a proxy for when Cynthia and Guzma are tight on space.
Even so, I'd prefer Copycat over T&L, because your opponent will have to break their consistency if they want to break your draw. I'll keep it though.
So, to build on my comment from earlier:
-1 Koko, -1 Dedenne, -3 Tate and Liza, -2 Grass Energy; +1 Golisopod GX, +1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, + 4 Rainbow Energy,

Instead, cut Copycat and Lillie for the T&Ls. All of them. I messed up my math previously, you had one free card.

Oh.. I'm an idiot. the liza is there for draw support and switch. If you guys think I should scrap the list and go for another idea let me know. I'm just looking for a decklist that can stand up to shrine.
Oh, Shrine. Forgot the whole purpose here.
Now: yeah, I see what we need to do.
Cut 2-2 of the 3-3 Lurantis line. You won't have to hit higher than 130. This gets you an extra 10 damage, just in case.
Cut the Dawn Wings I added earlier.
Cut 1-1 Golisopod.
Add: 2 Nest Ball, 2 Timer Ball, a fourth TL, one Energy Loto, and a Lusamine. This guarantees you that you can keep the Shrine out of Shrine decks.

Those are my renovations. Come back next time for more on HGTV.
Also, you're not an idiot.

Oh, Shrine. Forgot the whole purpose here.
Now: yeah, I see what we need to do.
Cut 2-2 of the 3-3 Lurantis line. You won't have to hit higher than 130. This gets you an extra 10 damage, just in case.
Cut the Dawn Wings I added earlier.
Cut 1-1 Golisopod.
Add: 2 Nest Ball, 2 Timer Ball, a fourth TL, one Energy Loto, and a Lusamine. This guarantees you that you can keep the Shrine out of Shrine decks.

Those are my renovations. Come back next time for more on HGTV.
Also, you're not an idiot.
POSITIVITY! Thanks!
You guys are helping me a lot with my list, but a big question is that is this deck viable against the format? Can it stand up to Shrine Vikaray and Zoroark?

POSITIVITY! Thanks!
You guys are helping me a lot with my list, but a big question is that is this deck viable against the format? Can it stand up to Shrine Vikaray and Zoroark?
Shrine: Absolutely. You’ve fine-tuned this deck to where you can beat Shrine. You win this one for sure.
Mega Rayquaza GX: this is where it all goes to the dumpster. You don’t OHKO it. It OHKOs you. You have no defense. If you can OHKO it, your matchup evens out. But for now, this one’s not gonna be easy.
Zoroark: As this comes from a Zoroark variant itself, it takes 2HKOs. Zoroark also takes 2HKOs. It’s up to you to use Guzma to your advantage. This one’s really a toss up.
So really, it depends on the prevalent meta. If Ray takes the cup, you’re gonna need a Lurantis or two. If Shrine tops out, you can rest assured. If Zoro wins, then you... well, I’m not sure..

Hope this helps.

Shrine: Absolutely. You’ve fine-tuned this deck to where you can beat Shrine. You win this one for sure.
Mega Rayquaza GX: this is where it all goes to the dumpster. You don’t OHKO it. It OHKOs you. You have no defense. If you can OHKO it, your matchup evens out. But for now, this one’s not gonna be easy.
Zoroark: As this comes from a Zoroark variant itself, it takes 2HKOs. Zoroark also takes 2HKOs. It’s up to you to use Guzma to your advantage. This one’s really a toss up.
So really, it depends on the prevalent meta. If Ray takes the cup, you’re gonna need a Lurantis or two. If Shrine tops out, you can rest assured. If Zoro wins, then you... well, I’m not sure..

Hope this helps.
Thanks to everyone who has helped me think about this list, this has helped a lot! From what Lord Goomy pointed out, it seems like the deck I’m currently am using, Lucario GX Lycanroc GX, is better for the Zoroark matchup, so I think I’m gonna work on that one. I’ll bump that thread on that Decklist to get some advice. Thanks again everyone!

Back