Discussion Giratina Sm7b Fairy Rise

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
This is a discussion surrounding the upcoming Giratina from Sun and Moon Fairy Rise

Giratina – Psychic – HP130
Basic Pokemon
Ability: Torn Door
Once during your turn (before you attack), if this Pokemon is in your discard pile, you may play it onto your Bench. Then, put 1 damage counter on 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon.
[P][P][C] Shadow Impact: 130 damage. Put 4 damage counters on 1 of your Pokemon.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)
Retreat: 3

It can be used with Mega Gardevoir (Dual Type). Where you discard your benched pokemon to deliver a powerful attack and then bench snipe and attack again.

M Gardevoir-EX – Fairy / Psychic – HP210
Mega Evolution – Evolves from Gardevoir-EX
When 1 of your Pokemon becomes a Mega Evolution, your turn ends.
[Y][C] Despair Ray: 110+ damage. Discard as many of your Benched Pokemon as you like (you cruel traitor). This attack does 30 more damage for each Benched Pokemon discarded in this way.
When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

I love Giratina but i dont really know what to pair it with in standard. You can use Hydreigon

Hydreigon – Darkness – HP160
Stage 2 – Evolves from Zweilous
Ability: Screen Out
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 3 of your Benched Pokemon. Discard your other Benched Pokemon and all cards attached to them.
[D][D][C] Dark Destroy: 120 damage. You may discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, discard an Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 2

But is there anything else to use?
You guys can talk about it here. I love Giratina but I guess we will have to wait.

JGB146

♫♪.ılıl|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|lılı.♫♪
I'm looking forward to playing around with this for expanded. Not sure about standard either though.

Kashvinder Mann

Aspiring Trainer
I really like it. There's been times where I was missing that 10 hp hit to knock someone out. Now with this Giratina, makes things easier especially against a Buzzwole (both) or anyone with 130 or 190hp.

aPOLLo

Deck Build Help
I really like it. There's been times where I was missing that 10 hp hit to knock someone out. Now with this Giratina, makes things easier especially against a Buzzwole (both) or anyone with 130 or 190hp.
Yeah, especially also with all the fairy support coming out soon. No more fighting or psychic attacking you. Its great!

j2y8n2x

Aspiring Trainer
I think it will see some use when used with TV reporter (that you can discard a card)

Rukan Shao

Aspiring Trainer
They said, in the video that leaked Giratina, there would be a psychic pokemon in the fairy rise set with a despair-ray style attack.

GoldenSwablu

Aspiring Trainer
Pair it with Zoroark GX. Giratina keeps your bench full and allows for easier KOs. Trade is an easy way to get it in the discard pile.