Gimmicky, yet effective Drifblim set

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazando101

Where all other dragons fail...
I haven't posted a moveset in this section yet, and I developed one a few days ago. I feel it's most effective in UU and NU play, because you don't have as much sand there, or hail, ruining my strategy. Anyways, here is the set.

Drifblim@ Salac Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Endure
- Destiny Bond
- Acrobat
- Hidden Power [Ground]

The strategy is, if you see an attack coming, use Endure, and survive with 1 HP left. Unburden and Salac Berry have both activated, leaving you with about 715 Speed, enough to outspeed most of the metagame. Then you use Destiny Bond, and when the opponent attacks, you take them down with you. And if they decide they are going to status you, Acrobat and HP all the way down.

Things I'm considering changing:
- if I keep HP Ground, I will probably cange the EVs to 128Att./128Sp.Att.
- I'm thinking of replacing HP Ground with another move.

So, there's my set, please comment on it, tell me what you think and how I should change it. Good-bye.

Nice job! Though quick Ice-types like Weavile and special dark attackers will sweep you. HP Ground won't help you that much, the only thing that would hit it effectively is fire types, electric types, and rock types. If anything, you may need Toxic against those stallers like Chansey/Blissey, Cradily, and Umbreon.

I don't think this will really work, at all. It has just about no power at all. You're trying to invest into an attack with a max stat of 284. You also put no EV's in his better stat. This set is asking to be set up on. Anything with any set up move can set up freely because you can't do anything towards them tbh. You only get 8 (IIRC) Destiny Bonds, so they can just stall you out of them pretty easily. Any phazers would also mess this up since next time you switch in you will probably be taking some sort of entry hazard damage.

It's good thinking for a new player, so don't be too put down.

I'm going to lock this though. There's a thread for creative movesets already, and this thread won't create much discussion either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back