GDI Smeargle, Spit That Out! - "It's okay, I'm an artist" [Art trades! Collabs! Whatever! Alright!]

Should we have a monthly/weekly featured piece?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
i really hate that song
but that creature is wonderful

I have drawn:
Crobat
Piloswine
Whiscash
Druddigon

So yeah. I haven't drawn something original in about 25 years.

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
6-D, I love your sense of humour. :D
I've drawn a rushed Chikorita in about 5-10 minutes to convince Hatman to use it over Bellsprout in a Nuzlocke.
Anyway, it's not very good, but somehow it's already got 3 faves and a collection addition on deviantART.

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
Yah. Vorty, I finished your request....unfortunately it isn't too good, and I'm sorry. You can find it in my gallery if you want.

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
Oops, scanning things.
I forgot because I was playing Zoo Tycoon.
I'm pretty great.
Ugh, been lacking in ideas lately. Massively uninspired. Ugh.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
They have bamboo tablets at my school, for graphic design. I loved them, but thats the only tablet I have ever used, so I don't really have any tips for an easy transition.

In other news, I posted my fakemon in SBs contest, you guys should all go take a gander at it and tell me what you think.

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
safariblade said:
I got a bamboo tablet!

It's difficult to get used to. Any tips?

Yay! Anywho, how is it difficult? Could you explain what you're having trouble with?

Anywho, I think I've improved by drawing in school, and I've been having these weird dreams about art too, it's hard to explain.

So, I may compile those in a sketchdump sometime soon. Maybe later today. I dunno.

Also, nice stuff Toley.

EDIT: that sketchdump I was talking about

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
Yeah, it's just I'm not used to drawing somewhere, and it appearing somewhere else. And everything I draw looks sloppy. And I don't know how to make brushes look the way I want. And ugh!

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
When I drew on LORDY's tablet, I had a hugely difficult time with it. I think my problem is that the tablet scales with the screen, which is a good thing, but always throws me off somehow.
Also I'm thinking pretty seriously about leaving the forums. bacon is gone, LORDY is gone, and the TCG section sucks so yeah.

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
Do you know why bacon is gone?

(If this seems potentially long and/or spammy, just PM it or PC it.)

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
6-Dimension said:
When I drew on LORDY's tablet, I had a hugely difficult time with it. I think my problem is that the tablet scales with the screen, which is a good thing, but always throws me off somehow.
Also I'm thinking pretty seriously about leaving the forums. bacon is gone, LORDY is gone, and the TCG section sucks so yeah.

bacon's gone? D:
Well, that just leaves me, corabed, Delta and paddy for the well-known Brits! :O
Plus, I'm going to be a lot less active anyway, because life calls and I don't enjoy the 'Beach as much as I used to. :/

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
Guy don't leave me, you are my only friends
D':
Or at least wait until after the Fakemon contest opens voting so I can get your votes

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Haha, I'll still vote for you, I'll just be only making a few posts per day. So long H/H.

HolyMackerel

been here forevs yo
Wow, everyones leaving. It's okay, Toley, you can count on me to stick around, since I have to do my story thing in the writer's corner.

Anyhow, safariblade, honestly the only thing you can do about that is just practice. It was weird for me at first and I still have troubles now, but the more you do it the easier it gets. Also, I've made a few artworks, I just haven't uploaded them yet.

Shampoo Thief

噢托伦
Thanks Aggie =]
Hey guys, I did this practice before we start our oil pastel pictures on tuesday, and this is a preview of what is to come (I guess). I posted it on tumblr, but not on dA, so you haven't seen it yet.
tumblr_lrbn1fVvJx1qmu1t7o1_500.png

Yeah, I know, more cattle skulls xP

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
No problem with cow skulls. It commemmorates LORDY (who I really hope comes back soon...)

Vortex

Bass Musician Since '11
Nice work! The handwriting is significantly better than for your Wendy Whirl comics, but all are perfectly legible (to me, anyway)!

Status
Not open for further replies.