• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Gardevoir GX Post Rotation

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Helping my son with his Gardevoir deck, for post rotation (bracketed ones are being replaced).
Some are not direct replacements obviously.

4 Ralts, 2 Kirlia, 3 Gardevoir GX
1 Gardevoir GX (1 Gallade)
1 Oranguru
1 Tapu Lele GX (only have 1)
3 Eevee (4 Talonflame)
2 Sylveon GX (1 Alolan Vulpix)
(1 Mr. Mime)

4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 Field Blower
2 Field Blower (3 Parallel City)
2 Choice Band
1 Nest Ball (1 Skyla)

3 Cynthia
1 Cynthia (1 Town Map)
4 Guzma
2 Pokemon Fan Club (2 Brigette)
2 Judge (2 N)
2 Sightseer (2 Professor Sycamore)
2 Diantha (1 Super Rod)

4 Double Colorless Energy
7 Fairy Energy
1 Fairy Energy (1 Super Boost Energy)

As Talonflame is out then SBE has less usage, so taking out.
3 Eevee, as the ideal starter (similar to Talonflame before).
PFC/Nest Ball, rather than Steven's Resolve, as need to try to maintain T2 Gardy, therefore need basics out on T1.
Only 2 Sightseer as we only need to discard things we don't need anymore, e.g. Eevee, PFC.
Diantha, as need a mechanism of getting energy back, and playing a lot more Fairy pokemon now.

Can't see an obvious Stadium to use, so max Field Blowers.
Lysandre Labs may be interesting as we could replace CB with energy, which gives the same damage output, and now could have 3 Gardy out (more Secret Springs) rather than 2 Gardy/1 Gallade.

Obviously no tech cards, but trying for consistency first.

Appreciate your thoughts, thanks.

Last edited:

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Other options include Pal Pad, Lady, Rescue Stretcher, Energy Retrieval/Recycler, Tate & Liza, Counter Catcher and Switch.

NastyPythOn

Aspiring Trainer
4 Blower is way too much, you won't have to Blower Parallel anymore, also Float leaves as a value target so only Choice Band remains/more likely that there'll only be 1 tool in play to Blower so the card is sightly less valueble overal. No Garbotoxin means you can probably go down to 3 or 2 Blower (maybe less, really depends on if stadiums will be prominent). I'd definitely add Switch, to get the turn 1 Sylveon more often, or Max Potion for obvious Gardevoir tanking reasons.

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks, think some stadiums and tools will come to the fore post rotation, but take your point. Could be CB, Escape Board, Frying Pan, Brooklet Hill, Devoured Field, Altars, Ultra Space, etc.

Playing 3/4 Lysandre Labs without CB and more energy gets round all that.

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Looking at options at the mo and will post a list soon.
In the meantime could anyone recommend a replacement for Gallade until baby Gardevoir and Xerneas Prism come out.
Thanks.

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Revised list:

4 Ralts, 2 Kirlia, 3 Gardevoir GX
1 Oranguru
1 Tapu Lele GX (only have 1)
2 Eevee
2 Sylveon GX

4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Fan Club
4 Cynthia
2 Judge
2 Sightseer
3 Guzma
1 Counter Catcher
2 Diantha (or Rescue Stretcher and Energy Retrieval)
1 Pal Pad
1 Volkner
2 Switch
2 Field Blower
2 Choice Band

4 Double Colorless Energy
9 Fairy Energy

Start with Eevee, Pokemon Fan Club, then Magical Ribbon for Rare Candy/Gardevoir.
Other options - one prize attacker instead of 1 energy, Max Potions, Lysandre Labs.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Sightseer doesnt come out till November so put in tate and lizza sense that's the better choice in a stage 2 deck anyway. Fan club is not the answer just use nest balls and lillie should he your t1 supporter

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Sightseer doesnt come out till November so put in tate and lizza sense that's the better choice in a stage 2 deck anyway. Fan club is not the answer just use nest balls and lillie should he your t1 supporter

Yes, realised about Sightseer afterwards. Tate & Liza isn't a replacement for Sycamore though is it.

I think there has been lots of debate about PFC vs Lillie/NB. We favour the former as it's searchable by Lele to then definitely get basics. You may use Lillie and not draw a NB or a basic. Professor Elm’s Lecture will do the trick when that comes out.

Appreciate further input.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, realised about Sightseer afterwards. Tate & Liza isn't a replacement for Sycamore though is it.

I think there has been lots of debate about PFC vs Lillie/NB. We favour the former as it's searchable by Lele to then definitely get basics. You may use Lillie and not draw a NB or a basic. Professor Elm’s Lecture will do the trick when that comes out.

Appreciate further input.
Tate and lizza are not a replacement for sycamore but you still need about 9 draw supporters
Pfcs is a bad replacement for briggete so better just to wait till February when elm comes out

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
Tate and lizza are not a replacement for sycamore but you still need about 9 draw supporters
Pfcs is a bad replacement for briggete so better just to wait till February when elm comes out

A genuine question - please explain why Lillie/NB is a better option than PFC.

Just because Brigette will go doesn't mean you should wait until the same (or near as) option comes along later. Better to look at the 'next best' option now, yes?

Current thinking on 'draw' is 4 Cynthia, 2 Judge, 1 Copycat, 1 Sophocles, 1 Pal Pad. Sightseer comes in later.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
In a non zoroark based deck even with sylveon your gonna want 4 cynthia,1 lillie, 2 copycat and 4 tate and lizza. Tate and lizza is not a wonderful card but it's the 2nd most consistent draw card as copycat can crash and burn. Judge is just bad 4 cards is a poor hand plain and simple. The reason why pfc is bad is simple it's not strong enough to be good that extra pokemon from briggete is the same reason why cynthia is a better card than shauna. 1 extra pokemon in the bench makes all the differnce however utilizing nest balls and other such items like acro bike will allow for a stronger first turn particularly if your draw 6-8 cards from lillie t1.

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
In a non zoroark based deck even with sylveon your gonna want 4 cynthia,1 lillie, 2 copycat and 4 tate and lizza. Tate and lizza is not a wonderful card but it's the 2nd most consistent draw card as copycat can crash and burn. Judge is just bad 4 cards is a poor hand plain and simple. The reason why pfc is bad is simple it's not strong enough to be good that extra pokemon from briggete is the same reason why cynthia is a better card than shauna. 1 extra pokemon in the bench makes all the differnce however utilizing nest balls and other such items like acro bike will allow for a stronger first turn particularly if your draw 6-8 cards from lillie t1.

Judge is also opponent disruption - in your terms, the next best version of N.

So, basically you're saying that drawing cards to get your 1/2/3 basics out is better than searching 2 basics out with PFC.
Hard to say which is better without doing lots of testing I suppose! Don't forget you're not guaranteed cards just by trying to draw them. Directly replacing Brigette with PFC gives the same probability of getting 2 basics out.

I am sure there will be better informed (than myself) people along to say that Lillie/NB and/or (4 of) Tate and Liza is possibly not the way to go.
However, if the consensus is that Lillie/NB and T&L is the best way of setting up then we'll obviously try that.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
I'm basing what I say from not only years of experience but years of being able to accurately guess the changes in metagames.
Judge is not even a replacement for judge early game with N you get 6 cards a strong draw late game if your board state is good you can N an opponent with a weak board potentially giving him 2 or 3 cards to work with(after draw) judge gives your opponent 5 to work with which is much easier to draw out of. Playing judge over better draw in a format without supporter recovery to hand you have a high chance of getting it and it being your only and bad option of draw and it's not even good disruption right now it's better to focus on your hand vs disruption unless you play a deck that can do alot after the supporter.
In other words instead of doing a hail Mary with judge when your opponent has a big hand just copycat and get even.
Also sense you want basics t1 so much which i understand if that's how you want to play your deck I recommend playing dunsparce its nest ball searchable and it's attack is briggete

Duo

RIP Nessa 2023
Personally I find Lillie + NB to not be a satisfactory way to set up in a Stage 2 deck. Stage 2 decks have a lot more "unplayable" cards on turn 1 than a stage 1 or basic deck, and your odds of opening with a hand that actually draws value out of Lillie is questionable. I've playtested several dozens of games with Lillie in Gardy/Sylveon, and quite frankly I only find a chance to play it maybe 1 in every 6 games at most.

Pokemon Fan Club alone is not good enough, but Pokemon Fan Club + Nest Ball is. It's the best solution a deck like Gardy/Sylveon has for getting set up until we get Professor Elm some odd many months down the road. I personally find much more success with PFC + NB as opposed to Lillie + NB, especially in a deck that runs Sylveon and just hard searches for everything it needs after setting up.

I consider it to be two different playstyles. There's more than 1 way to play any list.

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
I'm basing what I say from not only years of experience but years of being able to accurately guess the changes in metagames.
Are you Tord Reklev?

Also sense you want basics t1 so much which i understand if that's how you want to play your deck I recommend playing dunsparce its nest ball searchable and it's attack is briggete
Want basics ideally at the same rate as previously, although with the option of attacking with Sylveon then getting 3 basics is less essential. Dunsparce's effect is a turn too late I'm afraid. Need basics T1 (PFC/Lillie/NB/whichever) then Gardy T2. Magical Ribbon obviously helps enormously for the latter if going second.

Currently have got 2 PFC and 1 NB, and it seems to be working ok.