• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Garchomp, Garbodor could be the next terror in competetive play

TheDeckWizard74

I got big beautiful eyes like this flareon
What is up Pokebeach this is my second deck uploaded to the Deck Garage and I am really excited to share this deck with you guys. After much testing i found that M altaria EX would have 50/50 odds to M mewtwo EX which is very polular now so I knew I would have to build another new meta deck. I will go over the deck right after you see the decklist. This decklist can be copied to clipboard and then imported into ptcgo.
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Gible BKP 68
* 4 Garchomp BKP 70
* 1 Sudowoodo BKP 67
* 2 Trubbish BKP 56
* 2 Garbodor BKP 57

##Trainer Cards - 39

* 3 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N FAC 105
* 2 Assault Vest BKT 133
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Scorched Earth PRC 138
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Weakness Policy PRC 142
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Rare Candy PRC 135
* 4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
* 4 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 6

* 4 Strong Energy FFI 104
* 2 Fighting Energy BLWEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Lets start off with the Garchomp which is a stage 2 powerhouseupload_2016-9-23_9-59-17.jpeg
which can do 60 for 1 fighting energy and put one of ANY energy from your discard pile to any of your pokemon, rules for energy still apply like you can't attach a strong energy to a psychic pokemon. You use rare candy to evolve quickly from gible the basic. Sudowoodo is great as a counter to M Mewtwo EX
which can be a bit of trouble to OHKO with 210 hp and the damage change mewtwo being a tricky and healing trick that is game changing. One carbink is just for possible stalling and has a not to bad attack with strong energies. The reason for so few energy is because you only need two to attack and it is not too easy to knock out a garchomp not to mention that garbodor slows your opponent and lets you counter yanmega BREAK which needs the ability of Yanmega because it is resistant so instead you can just target the vespiquens with lysandre until they run out of energy. The rest describes itself and have a great day.

I absolutely love Garchomp, it's so fun, but due to the loss of Korrina, it's not as good any more. :/ Sudowoodo looks like a nice addition to this deck, I'll have to try it when I get a chance. :) Some suggestions I have are:

-1 Weakness Policy - Garchomp doesn't last long when facing M Sceptile or Vespiquen anyway and if you have Garbodor you don't have to worry about Yanmega too much.
-1 Carbink - This deck punishes EXs already so I don't think there's much of a need for it and it becomes pretty much useless after Garbotoxin comes into effect.
-3 Bursting Balloon - The extra damage is great and certainly helps take down non-EXs, but I think Assault Vest would be better.

+1 Scorched Earth - Without Focus Sash, M Ray can be scary, so you need to at least keep playing stadiums.
+1 Float Stone - Since Garchomp is weak to Grass, you really need to get Garbodor up in order to shutdown Yanmega as fast as possible.
+2 Fighting Energy - I know you only need a couple Energy, but I think six is a little low. It's low because you still need to draw into those Energy, and then in the matchup against Tina, if you don't take them out fast enough, you'll be locked. It also helps you accelerate.
+1 Assault Vest - Helps against Giratina, M Mewtwo and Ray, and that little bit of resistance could be what tanks a hit from something just one Bite Off away from a Knock Out.

I absolutely love Garchomp, it's so fun, but due to the loss of Korrina, it's not as good any more. :/ Sudowoodo looks like a nice addition to this deck, I'll have to try it when I get a chance. :) Some suggestions I have are:

-1 Weakness Policy - Garchomp doesn't last long when facing M Sceptile or Vespiquen anyway and if you have Garbodor you don't have to worry about Yanmega too much.
-1 Carbink - This deck punishes EXs already so I don't think there's much of a need for it and it becomes pretty much useless after Garbotoxin comes into effect.
-3 Bursting Balloon - The extra damage is great and certainly helps take down non-EXs, but I think Assault Vest would be better.

+1 Scorched Earth - Without Focus Sash, M Ray can be scary, so you need to at least keep playing stadiums.
+1 Float Stone - Since Garchomp is weak to Grass, you really need to get Garbodor up in order to shutdown Yanmega as fast as possible.
+2 Fighting Energy - I know you only need a couple Energy, but I think six is a little low. It's low because you still need to draw into those Energy, and then in the matchup against Tina, if you don't take them out fast enough, you'll be locked. It also helps you accelerate.
+1 Assault Vest - Helps against Giratina, M Mewtwo and Ray, and that little bit of resistance could be what tanks a hit from something just one Bite Off away from a Knock Out.

You speak truely and I will make some of your suggestions to my deck, of your changes i will agree to take out the cards you said to but instead of adding another scorched earth I will add a parallel city. I do think that weakness policy is necessary so it does not get OHKO by M sceptile because if they are knocking out my garchomp every turn then that could be a huge problem, that would put me in favor of the prize trade in this matchup witch is challenging along with vespiquen being able to OHKO my garchomp every turn as long as there is 5 Pokémon in discard pile. So i will only add 1 basic fighting energy instead of 2 to keep weakness policy. Have a good day.

I would at least run two Gabite because item lock is still a thing though not played as much getting locked out of your main attacker sucks.

I would at least run two Gabite because item lock is still a thing though not played as much getting locked out of your main attacker sucks.
Very true but if you set up for garbodor with the tool already and you stand prepared you can turn off ability at the beggining of second turn. If they get first turn item lock before your turn it would be gg anyway due to it's a stage 2 and it would never get out in time. Have a good day.

I toyed with a similar deck with Garchomp Zygarde Ex and Garbodor and have won in item lock just try to be prepared for every possible situation and never say die.

may i suggest a zygarde ex for bulk... I play garchomp hawlucha in expanded with lucario and that extra ex helped me out in some non ex situations.

I prefer to run Focus Sash and 2 Max Potion in my Garchomp deck (1 Skyla needed too) in order to extend Garchomp's "life."

Back